RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > recall for the high pressure fuel pump
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
recall for the high pressure fuel pump

I was at the dealers today as my car is in for the brake safety recall. Whilst there, I was informed that there is another recall to be done on the fuel pump?

Any ideas what this one is all about?

More worryingly, I did not get the car back today and a voice mail message left by the service department asks me to call to discuss 'an issue with the car'?!...I missed them tonight, so I wonder what delights await tomorrow morning. Just as well I have a spare car - but I don't like using my old merckey with the state the roads are still in.

Muff If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #251062 Thu Jan 21 2010 8:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Does your HSE have the optional DR system fitted - it could be they want to fit the new style suspension bushes 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #251066 Thu Jan 21 2010 8:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muffd

Hi Tim

what is that? How would I know? Mine was a 3 month old demonstrator when I bought her. If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #251071 Thu Jan 21 2010 8:22pm
Tim in Scotland

Does your car have the front end rattle when you go over rough roads or bumps. DR is the hydraulic anti-roll bar system that is standard on TDv8 and S/C's but was optional on the 2.7's. IIRC you also got 20" 10 spoke alloys (supercharged style) and adaptive headlights in the package too 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #251073 Thu Jan 21 2010 8:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muffd

Hi Tim
she 'knocks' on both sides at the front on rough tracks if the car is bounced left and right. If I go over potholes or speed humps straight on, there is no knocking. It is prevalent when turning right off a smooth surface and onto an uneven surface when the steering is in the turn and th ecar is rocked left and right. I did report this today.
I think she does have the DR system. If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Post #251076 Thu Jan 21 2010 8:36pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Probably they mean the Recall P008 issued last September?
High Pressure Fuel Pump – Front Bearing Failure

This concerned the 2007-2008 TDV6, VIN range LS100008-LS999998 Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #251173 Fri Jan 22 2010 2:35am
Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

On my LR printout I have these as fitted.

Active Cornering Enhancement (ACE)
Front & Rear Air Suspension (4Cas)
Integrated Vehicle Dyamics

I assume these are parts of the Dynamic response system? If it is, my lighting is not adaptive and is stated as

BI - Xenon Headlamps
Comering Lamps

So a part of me thinks I have got DR but looking at Tim's previous post maybe I havent?

I do have a knocking though.

Land Rover Experience should read Land Rovers are an Experience (but worth it!) Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #251195 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:13am
muffd

I do have adaptive xenon headlights that follow the steering - so she does have DR. The stealers just called me and they have now admitted there is indeed a knock. Despite 3 visits in the past to 2 separate dealers, they have always maintained this is a characteristic of the car......

Anyway, I have told them to keep the car for a couple of days as they want to go through a process of elimination with the famous knock. I have been told that I have the old style ball joints (they are original so no surprise there). This seems to be what is being done first. If this does not work, whey will then move on to another service bulletin etc....

The high pressure pump is not in stock so it will be Tuesday before this arrives at the earliest. I will not get the car back until Wednesday. I have told them to use this time to deal with the knocking noise.

The other thing the car is in for is the spare wheel is corroded. I had to put the spare on last week due to a puncture. The spare is a black coloured wheel and it had never been used until last week. The wheel has a massive corrosion spider and a smaller one blistering from the inside and is forcing the black paint outwards. The dealer has photographed this and sent to Land Rover for comment and instruction.

Anyone seen this on spare wheels before?
Muff Confused If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Post #251198 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:31am
Tim in Scotland

Steuart you don't have to worry - sounds like you don't have the trick suspension - All RRS's have the air suspension, and ACE. If you don't have adaptive Bi-Xenons you don't have the DR. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #251200 Fri Jan 22 2010 10:35am
Steuart64

Cheers Tim

Another reason I suspect is that in my research "Parkers" stated DR was standard from Oct 06 builds in HSEs and mine ia Jan 07 Build
Parkers page - http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Detail.aspx?deriv=30507

I will let the dealer loose on my knocking Rolling Eyes Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #251225 Fri Jan 22 2010 11:42am
Tim in Scotland

Just check Parker's isn't referring to the Dynamic Pack, which isn't the same as Dynamic Response 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #251245 Fri Jan 22 2010 2:08pm
Steuart64

They quote:
Driver Aids
Cost From To
Cruise control Standard Launch Now
Dynamic response Standard Oct 2006 Now
Front park distance control Standard Launch Now
PAS Standard Launch Now
Rear park distance control Standard Launch Now

But maybe they are confused - wouldnt the 1st time? Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #251251 Fri Jan 22 2010 2:40pm
Tim in Scotland

Just checked my 2007MY (September 2006) price list - Dynamic Pack was an option only on S and SE, and consisted of(and this is were it gets confusing!) Dynamic Response, 20" 10 spoke wheels, Brembo front brakes, and Bi-Xenon Adaptive headlights. and was a very pricey extra at £5050 on an S and £3250 on an SE. Dynamic Response as you say became standard on HSE, pre 2007MY the DP was also an option on HSE's. So potentially there are a huge number of cars dating from October 2006 that could have the rattly front end problem.................. far more HSE's have been built than S or SE's too. No wonder LR isn't that keen that there is a problem in the system! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #251284 Fri Jan 22 2010 5:24pm
Steuart64

Wow Tim, Do you keep a library of brochures?
I am more confused as I have an HSE. maybe I need to find a dark place and try the steering tonight as I am positive I dont have adaptive bi Xenons, but I have the rest
Cant see why the cornering lamp is needed if I do have adaptive lighting.
More to follow haha
Thanks for looking up the info Tim
Steuart Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #251315 Fri Jan 22 2010 7:16pm
Bob.

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I had to put the spare on last week due to a puncture. The spare is a black coloured wheel and it had never been used until last week. The wheel has a massive corrosion spider and a smaller one blistering from the inside and is forcing the black paint outwards. The dealer has photographed this and sent to Land Rover for comment and instruction. Anyone seen this on spare wheels before?

Hi Muff

Yes mine has a corrosion spider as well and had not been used until last November. I will be interested to hear what response you get from LR.

Post #251317 Fri Jan 22 2010 7:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>