Home > Tips & Tricks > Speed camera detectors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

timcom0

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

JayMann wrote:
That's where i got my cam info as well for my TomTom

They charge £2 a month and that's unlimited downloads
I use co pilot uk on my iphone and that's spot on identifies everyone of them upto 1000m in advance then counts down thew warning exactly, a great license saver not that I speed though. Embarassed
But it is a god send especially as said your in a strange town and some of these camera's are in in unexpected locations. Thumbs Up

Post #307084 Sat Jul 23 2011 1:13pm
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I remember doing attempting this with BMW Sat Nav, you need some software to do it though (in the end i bought a disc as i was a bit out of my depth)

Not sure if it is the same scenario but here is the steps

Adding POI with sound alerts to you BMW MK4 nav system.
Proviso; this software is still in development and may give some interesting results while in use so please report any bugs or strange behaviour
You use this at you own risk.

Download POISoN.zip.pdf, remove .pdf extension then unpack ZIP archive somethere (c:\poison for example).
GKT+ runtime environmet must be installed to run poison.exe

A: OS Software modification
1. Open original V32 image with UltraIso.
2. Extract navboot file from CD image to c:\poison
3. Run patch.exe to add sound notification code.
4. Replace military base icon (romicons #216) to something you like.
5. Put modified navboot file back to CD image.

B: Voice modification
1. Extract voice file from V_2/Voices/0506 (gb_f.csf for english)
2. Edit voice phrases #8 #9 using NavSpeak utility, for example: 322,323,88,250,191 (high beep, low beep, a pause, attention, ahead)
3. Put modified voice file file back to CD image.

C: Force SW upgrade
1. Extract sw_rel.tbl form CD image
2. Use hex editor to change first 4 bytes from '1000' to '1001' to force upgrade.

D: Force Voice upgrade
1. Create directory /V_2/Voices/0507 in original disc image and copy all files from /V_2/Voices/0506 to it
2. Copy voice.lst file from poison zip archve to /V_2/Voices/0507
3. Copy lng_rel.tbl file from poison zip archve to /V_2/RR/0101/BMWC01S first 4 bytes in lng_rel.tbl must be the same as in sw_rel.tbl

Burn CD and upgrade the system.

E:Adding POI to map database:
1. Copy map database from CD/DVD to the hard drive (bibliogr and carindb files are enough fo CD, bibliogr and DB folder for DVD maps).
2. Run poison.exe, open map folder (folder where bibliogr file located)
3. Add your own POI or import from plain lon/lat txt or csv file.
Take a look at http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=...pg=ds&lsts=616
You can use: iGO 8 txt, iGo txt, GARMIN csv, destinator asc, mio asc, navigon asc, route 66 csv and tomtom asc files from there.
4. Save modified database
5. Insert modified database (carindb file of DB folder) back to image using UltraIso.

Note: Don't create new disc from scratch, it will not work.

F: Burn the disc.

Post #307085 Sat Jul 23 2011 1:33pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ive got this https://www.roadangelgroup.com/vantage.aspx in my motor, its saved my bacon a few times Wink

Post #307110 Sat Jul 23 2011 7:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andy r

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zambezi Silver

We are quite lucky not to have too many of them down this way, but there are quite a few vans and guys on bikes at various locations, so I tend to rely on the Mk1 eyeball, and a bit of sensibility

says he who has fitted a Nikko racing de-restrictor to his bike today to remove the 186 threshold Mr. Green 08 2.7 RRS "S"
Td5 110......very modified
RS 5
Kawasaki ZX12R Censored me, it's quick !

Post #307968 Sun Jul 31 2011 8:16pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I have used a Snooper product of one sort or another in loads of Range Rovers with no bother when fired in lower Siide o the A-pillar.

As a research engineer I worked on radar guns, the heated screen wires have no effect.

Post #308120 Mon Aug 01 2011 6:38pm
2meters

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I've had a "Pogo Alert" system in my 5 series for two years now. Just about to install it in my RRS.
Great system, picks up all fixed and temp cameras, also picks up laser far enough ahead to save your licence.
This is the new version of the Origin B2 which I had for years.
Once a month update via laptop and you are in business.
About £325 I think inc first years updates, after that £50 a year if you want it.
Saved me with the laser picking up camera vans on motorway bridges, a few times.
Thumbs Up

Post #312116 Wed Aug 31 2011 7:37pm
braveheart20

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Road angel gem

Road angel
Well interesting topic.
I have 3 road angel products, the first one I bought was the road angel classic. At the time it was a very capable advisory system. However I did manage to tot up some points with this one.
Second one is a road angel plus this also was okay however the battery never lasted very Long and was constantly plugged in to the cigar lighter. The results were reasonable however not the best either, known fixed cameras good warning system.
Third one recently purchased when we bought the rrs. This one has been the biggest load of tosh I have every waisted money on. Totally unreliable waste of money utter rubbish the list goes on . I took the original back to halfords as the bloody thing would not charge they then told me there was a problem with the USB charge cable. Road angel will send you a new one out. Halfords gave me a new one and sent the other one back to road angel.
Did this one work any better, em let me think. Parked in a garden centre and the alarm constantly went offsaying laser laser watch your speed. Must have been the speedy squirrels in the trees.
I duly sent a note to road angel and they politely said the settings were very sensitive.
I have used this agin recently and it has reaffirmed that the road angel gem is tosh.
Road angel have advised me I need to update the firmware. Therefore I have to plug this in to a PC and down load some more tosh.
My advice spend your 130 quid on a decent meal.
No seriously this product is not very reliable and I would not advise anyone to purchase one of these due to the spurious alarms on a constant basis. It suddenly becomes a nuisance alarm. And you tend not to rely on this. My 2012 RR SPORT in white
My 2010 SLK AMG in white
My 2012 Quadzilla rs8 In white
My 2012 Mini countryman in white

Post #360483 Mon Oct 22 2012 6:38pm
gordon kerr

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

d3matt wrote:
I have just purchased a Talex (www.talex.co.uk) speed camera detector and this doesn't work in the Sport, due the wires in the windscreen. I doesn't really matter in my case, as I got it for my van anway, but it would of been nice to move it between vehicles.

I use a Talex in my RRS, sits on the dashboard on the right hand side alongside the pillar and it works just fine despite the heated screen so I don't understand why you have a problem with it d3matt - all rather odd Gordon Kerr
Bedford, UK
2007 Java Black RR Sport TDv6
1980 Brooklands Green Triumph TR7

Post #360552 Tue Oct 23 2012 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123