RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What sort of image do we give off.....?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

C10CKO

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
What sort of image do we give off.....?

A colleague a work and I were talking last week about our 4x4's. He drives a Merc ML and was talking about driving it in the snow and that he'd experienced a few electrical issue since he's had it. He's also never used any of the little extra all terrain features for the snow.

We got on my RRS. I was telling him that all the extra features have been a god send in the snow recently. He said that he did test drive the RRS before buying the ML and really like it, but went for the ML, because of the image that a RRS gives off.

"Image?", I said, "What image?".
"The drug dealer or I'm a pimp image" was his response. Laughing

I'm just a boring sales manager for a medical company, although I do run my own business on the side as a vintage Rolex watch dealer!

Are any of you drug dealers or pimps? Do you offer forum discounts?? Rolling with laughter

Regards,

C10CKO MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography
Orkney | Everything | Dynamic Pack | Park Heating | Cold Climate Pack | Privacy Glass | Extended Leather | 20inch alloys

Post #250164 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:18am
Endjin

Scotland 
Re: What sort of image do we give off.....?

C10CKO wrote:

I'm just a boring sales manager for a medical company, although I do run my own business on the side as a vintage Rolex watch dealer!

Rolling with laughter C10CKO, do you have a one of those nice long jackets with lots of little hangers on the inside for flashing your Rolex stock at passers by Question Laughing And as a Medical Co Sales Manager ..... Ummmm Errrr..... shouldn't WE be asking YOU for the free samples Question Mr. Green Whistle 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #250166 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:28am
C10CKO

lol Rolling with laughter

For the record, all stock is safely in the banks safe, so don't start stalking me!

Quote:
shouldn't WE be asking YOU for the free samples

I wish.....I deal with surgical stuff....... I could provide you with a heart valve or two! Laughing MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography
Orkney | Everything | Dynamic Pack | Park Heating | Cold Climate Pack | Privacy Glass | Extended Leather | 20inch alloys

Post #250167 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:39am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Clocko,
Have you seen this site,2nd of my favourite forums!
http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/index.php
Great resource for all things especially old military Rolexes. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #250170 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

Laughing No worries, my stalking days are over....... the court order saw to that! Embarassed Whistle

Anyhoo... I'm an Omega man myself..... Maybe when I own a FFRR I'll buy a Rolex ..... Ahhh that brings us
back to the IMAGE question! Whistle Idea Maybe that would be a good subject for a forum Poll Idea "What watch do most RRS drivers wear on a daily basis" Question 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

Post #250171 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:52am
C10CKO

Quote:
Maybe that would be a good subject for a forum Poll "What watch do most RRS drivers wear on a daily basis"

I like that idea! Mind if I pinch it? MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography

Post #250172 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:54am
C10CKO

ChrisP,

Quote:
Have you seen this site, 2nd of my favourite forums!

I tend not to use that one, Chris. Too much modern stuff. I do use the VRF forum though. My company did use to sell modern Rolex. You may have seen us about. Clock Watches. MY12 RRSport 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography

Post #250174 Sun Jan 17 2010 11:57am
Endjin

Scotland 

C10CKO wrote:
I like that idea! Mind if I pinch it?

NOPE - Feel free, You could always argue that your post inspired the idea anyway Laughing
I'll keep any eye out for the Poll & try to be it's 1st poster Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #250175 Sun Jan 17 2010 12:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well if the majority of RRS drivers that I see in this are anything to go by they are middle class, female, always in a mad rush to get anywhere........................... except that is for the Java S/C on an X5 XXX private plate (shows which car they previously owned!) with privacy and tints on the front side glass that I regularly see. It's still driven by a women but I often see it parked in the supermarket carpark with a lot of teenagers hanging around near it. I suspect it might conform with the first stereotype that C10CKO mentions 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #250176 Sun Jan 17 2010 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

Maybe the image issue is partly a regional thing... Up here in North East Scotland
there are so many 4x4's anyway that an RRS is just seen as another one of many
and nobody really bats an eyelid at them. On the numbers issue the salesman at
Town & County Aberdeen was telling me that they are now officially the biggest LR
dealer in the UK based on sales volume! 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #250179 Sun Jan 17 2010 12:13pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

all 4x4's have a 'wealth' image attached to them - anyone who wants to express this will aspire to the most expensive 'sort after' 4x4 to say 'look at me' - we all know this.

Fortunately however, I feel these people are the minority as most can't really afford them

Tim - I agree - most 4x4's around me are driven by women

Post #250202 Sun Jan 17 2010 1:27pm
tornado34

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Image? I dread to think.

Having joined the RRS club only a few weeks ago, I can only say that I have never been so hated by others in my life!!

Firstly, I live in Sweden so they all think I'm up to no good there being a Jonny Foreigner (brit ex-pat) old Cold War nerves and fear of anyone not Swedish, especially with a non Swedish brand car!. I live in an area where you are invited to the golf club and take Sunday drinks with the Captain. All in a country who love the nature and take any oportunity to make an eco statement (even if it's an ill informed one) at any given moment.

Then there's the friends and family who keep asking - 'why do you need such a big, ugly dirty 4 x 4, what's wrong with a nice Volvo or SAAB?' (don't get me started on SAAB!). Even the government tax me horrifically for having it, even though the emissions and 'enviromental damage' of some Swedish brands are as bad if not worse, but avoid such taxing.

Finally, whenever you drive within a 100 meters of anyone, a family, a pushchair or anything, people make a drama of pulling them out of 'dangers way', in a poor school pantomime way - what's that all about?

I am a middle aged, calm and caring driver. Have a young family that I choose to protect in an RRS and could be mistaken for driving like the local Vicar. Whats more, the car is always parked sensibly unlike all those others who choose to treat my car like a farm vehicle - with no consideration for my doors - thank you!

So as for image.....you decide Big Cry

But we love it and it's staying, AND we are going to order a new MY2010 TDV8 very soon I expect Mr. Green

phew, rant over....feels better now Very Happy

Post #250206 Sun Jan 17 2010 1:36pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Coming from a rural area my solicitor has a rural practice and keeping with that image he drives a D3, he is as he puts it himself "local lad done well" recently he got the recall for the brakes issue and the garage gave him a TDV8 RRS while his was under repair he went from "local lad" to rubbing peoples noses in it. He loved the RRS but his clients didn't so he will keep to the D3 / D4. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #250210 Sun Jan 17 2010 2:45pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Sad isnt it.

When I set up in practice 15 years ago - aged 30 - we bought my sister in laws Renault 5 and used to park 'round the back at clients'. We bought our TDV8 last month and have already had two comments from work colleagues that I should think about parking round the back so as not to give certain clients the wrong impression. The mums on the school run clearly couldnt care less about the image they give off!

Our son is at university in Scotland, a 600 mile, 10 hour round trip which we regularly do in 1 day for which the RRS is perfect. Why should I care what people think? But I still do!! (just a bit!) Thumbs Up FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #250217 Sun Jan 17 2010 4:01pm
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I drives da rangey init!!!

Rolling with laughter

Post #250224 Sun Jan 17 2010 5:35pm