RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Intercooler problem during remap, my regrets
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jagspete

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Buckingham Blue
Intercooler problem during remap, my regrets

I bought Pete Bas remap and after installing, I had a air noise really strong who disturbed me, i could not stand like this and revert it to my original settings, i check for any faults but i could not find any, Pete told me i have an intercooler leak, that was why and he kindly took back his interface, and will be sending me a partial refund of 400 gbp, so i lost 139 gbp.

I would like to address this intercooler problem with the dealership but before this, any idea what to check and how to make sure this is a problem?

With all respect I think Pete will be good at writing down a refund / return policy i think this is the basic from dealing on the internet and selling products, so we know in advance, I am not critizicing his job, not at all, but i am disapointed loosing 139 gbp + 50 euros shipping, for being disapointed with the remap, due to my car, ....i tdv6s 2.7 2007
xkr 5 2010

Post #388642 Fri Jul 12 2013 2:13pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

perhaps would have been worthwhile keeping the remap and getting the intercooler fixed Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #388645 Fri Jul 12 2013 2:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garrycol

Australia 

I fail to see how the remap would cause your intercooler issue - was it just a split hose that is quite common and also not related to the remap.

I have have had a remap for quite some time and have had no issues. I would keep the map and when you get the issue fixed put it on. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Last edited by garrycol on Fri Jul 12 2013 4:56pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #388647 Fri Jul 12 2013 3:08pm
SRE

Spain 

As stated, check all your hoses first.

Below are photos of turbo hoses from a Disco TD5 I ran.
You can clearly see how the inner layer of the hose has delaminated, consequently when you open the loud pedal the hose basically shuts off 95% of air to the engine.....plus is does sound a tad like an asthmatic.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #388655 Fri Jul 12 2013 4:47pm
jagspete

ok thank you guys, but no fault with diagnostic, and in orignal LR map, it runs good with no noise at all. so I will keep it as is. Personally I do not think there is a problem with intercooler. second if it is well now, it is hard to tell the dealership i have a problem with intercooler, when the car runs well in his original settings, it was with them a week ago, they are super busy now. And i may cancel any possibility to return this interface later on, I tried it on 5 km. tdv6s 2.7 2007
xkr 5 2010

Post #388657 Fri Jul 12 2013 5:11pm
jagspete

so I was this morning at jag Land Rover and my friend told me the alignment guy had some hard time with the right wheel I need new parts in the right and left side, they said it is going to the right but I do not fell anything , or really its is ok. But Wednesday we will do the 2 control arms, I trust him as personally I do not hear or feel anything wrong. Nothing wrong with the intercooler, I told him I installed an interface and it was very noisy and then I revert to the original settings. I have seen the alignment shop working maybe 2 hours trying it, so no doubts, and just to save this man time, and for the car we rather do it, i will benefit from the tire after...i am glad this car is error message free since day 1 and last owner said the same... tdv6s 2.7 2007
xkr 5 2010

Post #389209 Thu Jul 18 2013 3:17pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Your situation does sound unusual .Quite a number of people off this site and Disco 3 site have the BAS interface & remap fitted with no problems. 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #389244 Thu Jul 18 2013 6:33pm
jagspete

I have no doubts others are doing well with the remap, i fell like driving a jet ski, too much noise for me.

It's the flat part where the steering ball goes, that need to be changed. tdv6s 2.7 2007
xkr 5 2010

Post #389275 Fri Jul 19 2013 6:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1