RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Adding Tv Tuner/DVD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Hiten

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Adding Tv Tuner/DVD

Will be picking up my car this week and was wondering if any of you guys have added a tv tuner/dvd player.

I know it's possible but wanted to know where i can get the lead from, so far i have found a comapny called Nav TV UK who are asking for £750 just for the lead so that i can add any aftermarket unit. Are they the only company that does it and is there anyone cheaper?

Post #16349 Wed Mar 08 2006 1:36pm
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Nav-Tv is currently the only integration option. Check out this thread here: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic...mp;start=0 There is something else you can do though. There is a DIY version of this which requires you to put the nav screen into diagnostic mode. For details look here at out sister car: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475

Post #16440 Wed Mar 08 2006 4:33pm
Hiten

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Spoke to someone yesterday and was told to wait a few weeks as he's gonna have his own lead on the market at a reasonable price.

Il keep you posted

Post #16499 Thu Mar 09 2006 11:32am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Hiten PLEASE Please do. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #16500 Thu Mar 09 2006 11:43am
Speedinnovation

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

We already have the lead ready to go
pm for the price 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2003 996 Porsche Full gt3 specs custom cams,carpc,techart springs,techart shifter,4 point rollcage,19" work vsxx 315 tire on rear, custom engine software
2003 BMW 330 CI, h7R springs,18" sport wheels,clear markers, custom engine software
Arriving in 6 weeks is my new baby
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #16621 Thu Mar 09 2006 7:48pm
Prestige Audio

Hi guys,
As mentioned already, NavTV make the only 'proper' method of getting a picture onto the front screen that doesn't involve a soldering iron and a lot of faffing about, but it isn't cheap at circa £750 plus fitting.

I'd be interested to hear about a more cost effective method, assuming it doesn't require getting the screen into DIAG mode everytime you want to watch a DVD!

Cheers

C

Post #16630 Thu Mar 09 2006 11:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Speedinnovation

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I have to tell you thats bull I have done it with no soldering all plug in play
I am a shop thats sells nav tv as well trust me nav tv is still cutting wires alot in somecases

Please dont mislead everyone on this just to make a sale saying nav tv is so plug and play

Nav tv has a great product but theres an alternative in this case thats very very inexpensive 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Speedinnovation Custom upgraded supercharger pulley,exhaust, tv mod,smoked lights, smoked side markers, 23" rinspeed wheels, 315 tires all the way around, arden kit
2003 996 Porsche Full gt3 specs custom cams,carpc,techart springs,techart shifter,4 point rollcage,19" work vsxx 315 tire on rear, custom engine software
2003 BMW 330 CI, h7R springs,18" sport wheels,clear markers, custom engine software
Arriving in 6 weeks is my new baby
2007 CLS63 AMG

Post #16631 Thu Mar 09 2006 11:20pm
grommet

United States 

Post what the alternative is, please... including details.

With RSE DVD installed, I can cheaply make video display on the front (while stopped, like overseas -- it's not wired in North America for some stupid reason)... just a cable and adding a connector to the RSE module.

But without RSE, it's not that simple. It's not that easy to add a MOST based audio interface and to trick the system to activate the latent video input ("TV") UI.

By the way, http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic...mp;start=0 covers a Nav-TV self install... both hacks (video while moving hack, and video input hack -- plus a switchbox.)

Last edited by grommet on Fri Mar 10 2006 11:08am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #16633 Fri Mar 10 2006 1:40am
MDP

United Kingdom 
TV mode

Sorry to but in chaps, but I have a question whilst were on this subject.

Q. I don't have the RSE package in my supercharged - BUT - I am wondering if it is at all possible to convert/adapt the front screen to operate as a TV? ie. is it possible now to fit a TV module ( as if factory fitted ) and would this give me analogue TV or the new digital TV ( DVB )

THANKS

Martin 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #16661 Fri Mar 10 2006 10:46am
Prestige Audio

Speedinnovation wrote:
I have to tell you thats bull I have done it with no soldering all plug in play
I am a shop thats sells nav tv as well trust me nav tv is still cutting wires alot in somecases

Please dont mislead everyone on this just to make a sale saying nav tv is so plug and play

Nav tv has a great product but theres an alternative in this case thats very very inexpensive

Steady on old bean! I am talking about the UK here, and to the best of my knowledge there isn't another alternative currently available on these shores. If you check your PM you will see that I have contacted you asking for details of your product as I would be very interested in bringing these into the UK.

Peace brother Thumbs Up

Post #16663 Fri Mar 10 2006 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

MDP, there is no "factory" TV module. I don't think it ever made it to production for any region. (It is analog to my knowledge.)

If you don't have RSE... the Nav-TV video input hack enables the latent "TV" UI features of the touchscreen, so you can select an external video input from the screen. (It isn't a "real" TV tuner; it just tricks the system.) You can plug any video source into it... DVD Player, Xbox, TV Tuner, iPod Video... whatever you want.

Post #16667 Fri Mar 10 2006 11:04am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thanks grommet - so, whats involved with the nav-tv hack? does the dash have to be ripped apart - and whats the risk of damage to the dash etc ? Is all the work carried out and located behind the dash/nav screen? Would this hack give me TV ( if tv module fitted ) using touch screen icons to access all channells etc and ultimately giving me TV on the front screen as though it had been there from the word go ?

Sorry for so many questions

Martin 

Post #16668 Fri Mar 10 2006 11:17am
grommet

United States 

Really no risk... for the Nav-TV video input hack, it's all in the center behind Navigation/head unit. As I said, it's not a real TV tuner. It only turns on a touchscreen button that says "TV"... and it's only able to view a single audio/video source.

You can install another vendor's TV tuner/antenna somewhere and plug it in to the composite video input, but it won't be controlled from the Touchscreen itself. You can only "view" it and stop viewing it. Smile The physical controls will be whatever is supplied with the 3rd party tuner.

Post #16675 Fri Mar 10 2006 11:42am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thanks grommet thats put me in the picture ( excuse the pun ). Very Happy 

Post #16677 Fri Mar 10 2006 11:47am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

3rd party tuners - price etc please. Will I be able to plug this into the sockets in the rear so the kids can watch and what sort of aerial is needed? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #16684 Fri Mar 10 2006 12:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>