RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Surround camera option
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fixro

Switzerland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Surround camera option

Today my dealer called me and informed of prodcution date for my TDV8 end of January... Very Happy but without surround camera option I had ordered!!! Big Cry

They still wouldn't be able to supply RRS with the surround camera option and orders of cars for customers who insist on having it, would be pushed out to production in April/May... with no guarantee that it will be available then Shocked

Does anybody have an update on availability of surround camera option? earlier in this forum it was said that Landrover would have announced to ship cars from January on with the cameras

What is the problem with these cameras? can't be that difficult to find a supplier for them able to produce the right quantity

This will be my first Landrover and I have to say it is a bit a disappointing experience, especially since the surround camera option was marketed so much as a "novelty" by landrover at launch of the new RRS - before I always drove BMWs or Audis, but never experienced that official options were not available.

Post #247989 Wed Jan 06 2010 11:57am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic15804.html?highlight=

hope that helps Thumbs Up

Post #248053 Wed Jan 06 2010 3:51pm
Roland

Switzerland 

....maybe they are also manufactured in India like the software for the turn-by-turn Nav and mp3 track info supposed to be displayed on the front TFT Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Could it be that we are seeing the first signs of LR not being owned by a proper car manufacturer anymore......? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #248055 Wed Jan 06 2010 4:08pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The cameras are a bit gimmicky, heck I don't even bother looking at the reverse cam anymore. Take delivery of your fab new LR and get something to help soothe your disappointment.

Re: the turn by turn directions on the TFT what's the story there. The new Jag XK's finally have this feature, 3 years after launch when they were also promised? 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #248084 Wed Jan 06 2010 6:09pm
949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

I was today told by a dealer here in South Africa that their latest stock (both LR4 and RRS) are also missing surround cameras, some despite the built sheet (is that what it's called) indicating that the vehicles were fitted with the cameras.
I insisted to have this feature and got it (Built end October 2009), but I have to agree - apart from the reverse camera, the other cameras are gimmicky.
I would much rather have had the navigation prompts on the instrument's TFT screen. O yes, and the ability to enter navigation destinations on the move. All of a sudden, Land Rover have decided to disable the navigation buttons once the vehicle starts moving as is the case in the USA. This is VERY annoying and totally stupid with a system where the screen has replaced just about all other buttons. Why allow us to us the phonebook functions while in motion, but not the navigation memory items? Absurd, ridiculous and without any logic. And there reason why I’m so upset about this is that the dealer tried to apply the fix of a previous TSB for the previous model on this subject, but it would not work! Mad So we’re stuck with having to stop to even enter a saved destination from memory, but we can make calls from the phonebook! Or look for a song or a artist with the iPod interface while on the move. Big Cry 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #248103 Wed Jan 06 2010 7:40pm
fixro

ok, thanks guys - then I'll be looking forward now to get my TDV8 early Feb and hope it will make me forget the missing surround cameras...

Post #248109 Wed Jan 06 2010 8:32pm
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hello,

my RRS was delivered hre in Germany on 15th of january WITH surround camera option. It was originale expected for mid february and (due to the camera option) probably at march. So in fact it was 4 weeks earlier...

Greetings
gseum

Post #256375 Thu Feb 18 2010 10:45pm
fixro

not sure what the issue is - I just got my TDV8 delivered this week Very Happy and it came without.. but I have to say the car brings so much driving pleasure that I don't care anymore about the cams.. Thumbs Up

Post #256511 Fri Feb 19 2010 8:15pm
stephenw

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Mine is due in Aust in late March (its on the ship now). It was manufactured in Jan and the build sheet says cameras are fitted.

I will be a interesting discussion if the camers are not in the vehicle.

Steve RRS TDV6 MY07 gone.
RRS TDV6 MY10 just arrived!

Post #256550 Fri Feb 19 2010 11:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1