RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Snow traction system from LR for RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Snow traction system from LR for RRS

Just been on the LR UK website and noticed the 2010 and 2005-2009 accessory brochure can now be downloaded to your laptop. However while electonically flicking through it I notice that LR now has an approved accessory snow traction system Part No LRO 05737

You can down load the entire musical brochure here - it's the first pdf I have downloaded that has a musical background to it!
http://landrover.tagworldwide.com/RRSport/..._en_GB.php

I also see a new "must have" accessory - the body coloured aerodynamic cover for your windscreen washer jets!
Part LRO07917 if you want a Stornoway Grey painted set! Available in all body colours! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247603 Sun Jan 03 2010 7:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Neat brochure thanks Tim MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #247625 Sun Jan 03 2010 9:07pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

£411+vat for a pair of those snow tractions before any kind of discount.

Usual supplier problems. On back order. None at factory either.

Lookers park royal has one but reserved for customer, anyone on here? WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #248076 Wed Jan 06 2010 5:37pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

Might have to order some..............cheaper than having a set of 19" for winter when it's hit and miss when we need them TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #248080 Wed Jan 06 2010 5:53pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Please excuse my ignorance - does anyone know how easy/difficult these would be to fit?

Also - would they get damaged if you drove on a road with them which had no snow - I mean; if your home & surrounding 'B' Roads were covered in snow & then you got out on a clear 'A' road for example.

Thanks. '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #248102 Wed Jan 06 2010 7:38pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Good point. I'm guessing they are great on packed snow.

Now thinking that the snowsock site that Skywalker has located is prob best for uk.....no spikes to get broken on tarmac.

Don't think Roofbox sell snowsocks big enough to fit 275/40/20 TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #248112 Wed Jan 06 2010 9:26pm
BulletProofBomb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Sportdriver

You cant use snow chains on roads that are not completely covered with a layer of snow/ice as you'll dig up the road and ruin your tyres. Not sure about the legality of it either.

Try this site http://www.snowchains.co.uk/cgi-bin/suvindex2.pl

Good selection for all sizes, nice video demos on how to fit (looks easy enough) the Klack & Go look the business. They also offer what seems like a good trade-in service if you change vehicle and need a different size.

I don't work for them honest, I just spent a while trying to source a pair for my 350Z before taking the plunge and trading in for a TDV8 HSE pick it up at the end of the month. Cant wait!!!!

First post, so dont shout at me too much. Very Happy

Post #249423 Wed Jan 13 2010 3:54am
Tim in Scotland

Regulations for using snow chains in the UK are a bit strange! There has been a lot of discussion about them over on the Scottish Land Rover Owners Forums. Turns out they are not illegal in the UK BUT you are not permitted to fit any device to the wheels of your car that will cause damage to the road surface................. they don't worry about damaging your car, just the road surface. This means that we would have to have a lot more hard compacted snow before you could even use chains without risk of damaging the surface. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #249425 Wed Jan 13 2010 5:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Government hypocrisy again!! They should be more worried about repairing the damage on the UK's roads which is already there (potholes) - and has been for some time!!

Thanks for the reply BulletProof Bomb - i've decided to buy a set of winter tyres for the car. The manual reccommends a winter tyre for 20" Wheels & i'll most likely opt for that around September time; as I don't see the point now.

In all honesty my car with 20" Low Profiles coped with the recent snow/ice which was thrown at it very well - didn't get stuck or struggle once. I guess it can only be even better with Winter Tyres fitted!! '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.

Post #249589 Wed Jan 13 2010 7:40pm
Tim in Scotland

Well today round here must have been the equivalent of midsummer for the council workers - pothole repairers were out stopping the traffic while they examined all the potholes, stuck a gas torch into them and then dropped CONCRETE into them! At least the salt on the roads will make the concrete set more quickly!
I foresee lots of chipped and smashed windscreens as the patches break up in the next frost.
Also the refuse collectors must have decided that the ice and compacted snow is no longer as slippery as it was for the last 3 weeks as we got our first rubbish collection of non recyclable and food-waste since the week before Christmas! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #249599 Wed Jan 13 2010 8:17pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

You're doing well Tim - the rubbish + recycling still hasn't been collected since before Xmas on our estate. Today was the usual colleciton day too!! '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.

Post #249603 Wed Jan 13 2010 8:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1