Home > General > Guilty Pleasures :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mail Order Ride

Guilty Pleasures :)

Wow

Fresh snow over ice today bringing Sheffield to a standstill

Except for me Laughing

My favourite bit was driving up an unfeasably big incline past several stuck Merc/BMWs whilst I was on standard tyres

I accept I have to obey the laws of physics on the downs but still its mighty impressive

Are all 4x4s so gifted or just LR products in GGS mode?

The last time we had snow I was in a 330d which spent most of its time abandoned in the garage as it couldnt get up the modest incline of my drive

Cheers

Post #246059 Sun Dec 20 2009 7:36pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Most 4x4's will go far further than 2wd's but LR's TR system is very good.

Enjoy your car Thumbs Up

Post #246061 Sun Dec 20 2009 7:52pm
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

My wife's 318d is stuck in the drive as it can't go anywhere. And now I am without wheels. She's commandeered mine! If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #246175 Mon Dec 21 2009 8:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well I have just travelled from London down to Southampton Airport Parkway and while we rattled along at 60-70mph we could see all the roads from about Clapham Junction down to Winchester are totally grid-locked with people trying to drive in the awful conditions. I was supposed to get the train from Sway to London this morning at 9:30.......................... wrong kind of ice on the lines had left carriages frozen to the tracks at Ashurst and at poole there was a power failure - ended up driving 30miles to the airport station and catching a train from there. Tonight driving back to Sway all the plonkers seem to be out on the road - idiots driving at crazy speeds down a snow covered outside lane in their high powered cars....................... mad.

Muffd, maybe she is trying to tell you something, like she wants a 2nd RRS in the household Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #246181 Mon Dec 21 2009 8:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Tim - I don't know which way you drove to Southampton but the roads around here (A3 are fine!) There's a little dusting of old snow about but the councils have kept the roads open all the time. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #246204 Mon Dec 21 2009 9:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I did London to Soton on the rattlers and Soton to Sway by M27 - Basingstoke and Winchester were a winter wonderland! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #246208 Mon Dec 21 2009 9:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1