RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Ongoing Issues With your Sport, and Customer Service?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Ongoing Issues With your Sport, and Customer Service?

Some of you will be aware of my ongoing issues with Land Rover Australia and Melbourne City Land Rover (MLR), and that I am now pursuing this, in the first instance, via consumer affairs VIC.

It has been an interesting couple of weeks since my first post. Smile All of a sudden I am aware that my issues are not just my own, and that there are other owners suffering out there. Most have the same frustrations! Shocked Notably where after many months of attempted fixes by the respective dealer, or Land Rover Australia, they are eventually told "they all do that" or "its a characteristic" Rolling Eyes Even when the issues were at first ackowledged as issues, and/or not with the car from day one. It is also coincidental that the same individuals from Land Rover Australia are involved in most cases.

I have now had email and phone conversations with a couple of these fellow sufferers, and following these I have agreed to try and see how many more people we can find out there with similar issues with their cars or the customer service with a view to (off line of the forum) discuss a combined direction forward. Hence this post.

So please send me an email at:

RRSportLemon@Gmail.com

Or send me a PM on this site if you prefer, to let me know of your interest in discussing ,and maybe partaking in any group 'action' we may agree. Thumbs Up Twisted Evil

Thanks
2R

Post #244374 Fri Dec 04 2009 3:24am
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: Ongoing Issues With your Sport, and Customer Service?

2nd Rower wrote:
eventually told "they all do that" or "its a characteristic" Rolling Eyes Even when the issues were at first ackowledged as issues, and/or not with the car from day one.2R

Ohhh how many times have I heard that and subsequently (with a lag of many months) the issue has been fixed. I now take "it's a characteristic of the car" as;

1) No idea what the problem is or,
2) it is too expensive to fix or,
3) if we fix it on this one, it will cost a fortune to do everyone's....

As an example, I had a grinding vibration coming through my steering wheel on gear changes early 2006. I took it back about 5 or 6 times and was told by the dealer and by LRA that it was a "characteristic" or even worse "we did not experience the problem". I wrote a letter to LRA and eventually (late 2006), it went into the dealers for 43 days and had the front diff, hubs, prop shafts and transmission replaced.....no more grinding feeling! Problem ended up being some bearing in the front diff that was out of alignment. So it went from "being a characteristic" to being fixed.....surprise, surprise.

I was just told just recently that the noise in my transmission I have complained about 7 times during warranty is...you guessed it, "a characteristic...". I have gone back to LRA and asked for a full report on what it is. If it is a characteristic, they must know what it is....right? I have also challenged LRA to get the head techo who made the call to contact me so we can drive half a dozen other RRS' to see if they have this "characteristic".

2nd Rower, you have my full support on squeezing the lemon! Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #244678 Mon Dec 07 2009 4:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

The dealer should know better, but those 2 issues and their solutions have been written about both here and on disco3.

Post #244688 Mon Dec 07 2009 8:48am
Lateral5

Australia 

Leo wrote:
The dealer should know better, but those 2 issues and their solutions have been written about both here and on disco3.

I'd be very interested in the solution for the transmission rasp because LR don't know....do tell RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #244706 Mon Dec 07 2009 11:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

Search www.disco3.co.uk for +transmission +noise

Thumbs Up

Post #244709 Mon Dec 07 2009 12:09pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Leo wrote:
Search www.disco3.co.uk for +transmission +noise

Thumbs Up

Got over 5000 hits!!!! Still trying to find something that is similar. I know Canaryman has had the same issue on this site, but I think he sold and it is also mentioned at http://www.rangerovers.net/rrsportremedies.html#gearboxnoise a few years back. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #244911 Wed Dec 09 2009 10:51am
Leo

Kenya 

Most common culprit seems to be the transfer box - I know they change this under warranty in SA without making a fuss, not sure about Aus.

Have they checked the propshaft bearings?

Post #244937 Wed Dec 09 2009 1:32pm
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've just started the ball rolling to try and get a mediated resolution to the ongoing problem with my un-roadworthy 2008 TDV8 RRS (see "Stuck in low range" thread on the technical forum).

The car has now been with Land Rover for 34 days, and counting, and during that period LR have attempted to rebuild my car piece-by-piece in the hope that they will strike it lucky and fix the problem. They are still none the wiser so I have formalised my complaint in writing to Land Rover Australia and as a parrallell recourse I have also sumbitted a complaint with the NSW Office or Fair Trading (OFT).

The basis of my complaint is that the vehicle is not fit for the purpose for which it was supplied, and that it is certainly not of merchantable quality.

Alto Land Rover have not been returning any calls as promised and after 34 days of trying still have no idea what's causing the fault or how they are going to fix it. I guess I'm fortunate, in some strange way, that they can't claim that my problem is "Characteristic" of the vehicle, because it is un-roadworthy in its current state.

I am now awaiting a formal written response from LRA (might be waiting I guess) and awaiting advice from the OFT before deciding if I need to pursue any other avenues.

So count me in for any group action. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #245466 Tue Dec 15 2009 1:25am
2nd Rower

Hi 640,

Sorry to hear that you are now confirmed as being in the same boat as so many others!

FWIW, I personally think your independent action with both Land Rover Australia and the OFT in NSW is the right direction to protect your interests. Will be keen to hear the updates to this.

Will also now include you in the discussions RE group action, which will be offline of this site.

Cheers
2R

Post #245468 Tue Dec 15 2009 3:00am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Hey guys,

You may want to consider winding up the heat on all groups concerned via media channels.

I run a Public Relations company in the Hunter Valley and would be more than happy to help you put together some press releases for the various motoring mags, as well as mainstream media such as today tonight, et al.

I had a very unsatisfactory discussion with LRA regarding the nationwide recall on the RRS earlier in the year and would enjoy the chance to repay them in kind.

Regards

Jimmy 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #245626 Wed Dec 16 2009 8:44am
trader

Australia 
LRA CUSTOMER SERVICE

Take it from me too- LRA customer service is woeful . LRA should seriously revamp their concept of client interface.

Post #247313 Thu Dec 31 2009 10:48pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Jimmy Salsa wrote:
Hey guys,

You may want to consider winding up the heat on all groups concerned via media channels.

I run a Public Relations company in the Hunter Valley and would be more than happy to help you put together some press releases for the various motoring mags, as well as mainstream media such as today tonight, et al.

I had a very unsatisfactory discussion with LRA regarding the nationwide recall on the RRS earlier in the year and would enjoy the chance to repay them in kind.

Regards

Jimmy

I'm in!.... Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #248180 Thu Jan 07 2010 10:11am
2nd Rower

Thanks for all the replies guys.. Now that Christmas is behind us, I am going to be looking to move forward with this in the near future.

I will PM you all to see who still has any interest in being involved.

Post #248811 Sun Jan 10 2010 5:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1