RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Winch fitting availability in Australia?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Govette

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 S Bonatti Grey
Winch fitting availability in Australia?

Hey guys,
Hopefully without asking you to repeat ground you've already covered, has anyone found a dealer that can get hold of the winch cradle (preferably without winch), or at least understand that someone might need one?
Cheers 4wding only starts when you have to get out the cab. Everything before that is just driving on crap roads!

Post #244180 Wed Dec 02 2009 11:26am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I'm not aware of anyone in Aus who has fitted the factory winch plate and/or protector plate..

I would hate to see dealer prices for those if a dealer or Land Rover Australia actually brought them into Australia..

Look through the Australia and NZ forum section you'll see a few discussion about genuine LR off road products, and unfortunately most are met with negative end results due to cost or similar..

Fellow VIC forum member BKHK even had to personally import the LR seat covers because the dealers wouldn't do them!

Post #244183 Wed Dec 02 2009 11:36am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

The sump plate is a G4 accessory as is the winch.

however pretty certain the winch mounting is the same for Disco 3 as RRS so might give you more scope. If you can get one secondhand then you could fit your own winch which would be a lot cheaper than the LR factory fit option.

The sump guard is totally different though.

If not available from your dealers then try contacting UK dealer as some will export.

Forum sponsrs duckworths and Yeovil Landrovers on disco 3 do export as far as i know

The winch kit in UK is around £1800 and sump plate £450 so loads of dosh Exclamation

Post #244195 Wed Dec 02 2009 12:31pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The winch plate is indeed the same as the D3 but there are a couple of differences with the mounting kit. RLD on our sister site might be able to fabricate the kit if needed. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #244197 Wed Dec 02 2009 12:52pm
Govette

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 S Bonatti Grey

Thanks very much for the help guys. Yep, the LR dealer in Townsville was able to find the winch kit on the computer, (only after I supplied him with the part number??!!). Can back at a little under $5000 not including fitting. Errr, Censored that!! To be honest, I think I'm at the stage of just building my own, and try not to interfer too much with the crush pulse dynamics. Shame Rovertym and Safarigard aren't making any, what with the exchange rate being so good and all. 4wding only starts when you have to get out the cab. Everything before that is just driving on crap roads!

Post #244497 Sat Dec 05 2009 12:04am
Leo

Kenya 

Building your own is probably the best option, or check costs of importing from the UK or USA.

Post #244518 Sat Dec 05 2009 11:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1