RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Warranty Renewal - And new car finance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NickM

United Kingdom 
Warranty Renewal - And new car finance

Would appreciate some help here - whilst waiting for Kam to come back with his warranty details, am just looking round to see whats on offer - I note now that Tesco (Finest) do not sell the product to new customers anymore - and even if they did, you would have to add breakdown cover to it as well - do I assume that with LR Warranty extension it comes with breakdown cover anyway? And does anyone know how much it costs - my car is up on it's warranty by the end of the month.

Also I looked to buy a new car from James last month with the offer of the 0% APR, ba;ance payment after 2 years etc - as I own my car would have been ideal to just swap in my car and get a new one, for very little outlay - unfortunately I got refused on the credit, and checking my Experian report, nothing untoward on there - but I was just told than lending criteria is now higher than ever - which is a shame, as even if I got credit elsewhere, I still wouldn't be able to take advantage of the LR offer - any suggestions?

Post #243660 Wed Nov 25 2009 9:01am
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

NickM

re the LR extended warranty:

Annual cost including LRA £975 without around £800.
Option to pay over 10 months interest free. This also means although you enter into a 12 month policy, it works like pay as you go. So if you sold the car and chose to cancel after a couple of months, that's it, no trying to claim a refund of the annual premium and nothing extra to pay.

Had mine for 6 months now and just finding out how good they are at handling claims.

Three problems:

Drivers electric window motor, making excessice noise (not packed in yet, but sounds like it's on it's way out) - LR have agrees to replace.
Air Susp Compressor making excessive noise - LR want Dealer to make further checks - this seems fair enough could be a part needs replacing instead of the compressor.
Audio Unit, the 6CD stack has packed in, radio and bluetooth still works - LR have said they will repair the unit and not replace it. This will take 4 weeks (estimate), and involve an additional visit to the Dealer to refit. In the time they are repairing the unit LR expect me to have a hole in the Dash where the Audio unit should be, and have no radio or bluetooth. My dealer is trying to persuade LR that this is not acceptable.

Will let you know any progress on the claims, as I'm expecting some news any day.

LR Finance, surprised you were refused, I would have thought any credit agreement where a 55% deposit is put down the credit risk would be quite relaxed. Unless LR have even less confidence in future values now. As I had been thinking of using this deal to get into a MY10 as well, like you I have no finance on my car.

Post #243677 Wed Nov 25 2009 12:13pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Thanks islider - I called AA today and theirs with breakdown cover is £370 for the year, and thats includes a maximum £3000 per incident claim value - with a £50 excess. I am going to wait for Kam to get his up and running and see whats what - it's just that a good breakdown service with all bells and whistles, can add up to £200 to the warranty - so it makes LR look modertae value - but not good value if your car is ok - I had a full check done on the car whilst in for the recall and all looks fine.....so they say....but I trust CHPR, so no reason, not to doubt them

Post #243681 Wed Nov 25 2009 1:23pm
islider

Nick,
meant to add, the total limit on claims with LR is the original price of the car when you purchased, and obviously LR Dealers are preapproved for warranty work, whereas some warrantys have an increased premium if you want to use a Franchised Dealer.
As you say the LR is far more expensive than others, and remains to be seen whether or not provide any better value.
Think the monthly option is one of the best parts of the LR policy, but after four months your AA policy would be paid for.

And seeing as LRA send the AA before LRA, your breakdown cover is almost comparable to LRA.

IMHO a warranty is a must once over 3 years, mine is now making more funny noises as it get's older than I do. Wink

Good Luck whichever one you choose. Thumbs Up

Post #243682 Wed Nov 25 2009 1:36pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hi Nick.

Will get the details over to you with prices asap, we can also offer Road Side assistance with Mondial for knock down rates, all singing all dancing, will send you these details too! Mondial are the providers for Merc, Bmw and Audi currently on their approved Road side assistance and they are major players across Europe.

On the warranty issue, you can get purchase price of vehicle cover, and they negotiate with the dealers for you, to make it fit within the criteria of the warranty should you wish to take the car to an approved LR dealer, they have made agreements at group level for hourly labour rates and they pay for the parts themselves, so all is as good as dealer warranty at much less of a price.

Finance wise, banks are putting up brick walls left right and centre, which is leading to a lot of this, we have had similar scenarios where we would lend our own cash to! and the banks are saying no, 'not for us' or 'we don't currently have an appetite for this customer type'. They have limited funds, so they are backing only people with recently 'credit experience' and people who can show absolutely everything including their inside leg measurements if asked! don't take it personally mate, things should get better in the next 12 months or so! (we hope!!).

Post #243696 Wed Nov 25 2009 3:48pm
islider

Kam,

I know it was addressed to Nick, but thanks for that explanation very useful for me also. Thumbs Up

Re Mondial, don't they provide the LRA service as well?

Cheers

Post #243698 Wed Nov 25 2009 4:11pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mondial lost their LRA contract this Autumn - now provided by the AA Shocked

Chap who was Mondial (who last fixed my Disco suspension) was mighty p*ssed off about the whole thing Question It appears he may have been out of a job Question Not seen him since to ask (as it were) Question Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #243709 Wed Nov 25 2009 7:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

I didn't know mondial were used by LR but not surprised.
We will probably be sorting out a bundle deal.

Currently looking at offering:
-Warranty's
-Road Side Assistance
-Tyre Insurance
-Paint Scratch/dent insurance
-Alloy wheel damage insurance
-GAP RTI Insurance (transferrable to other cars..)
-Also, insurance excess insurance, which basically covers your excess on an annual basis for a smaller excess! (ridiculous but in demand and makes it cheap if you have to claim ever!).
Looking like £1k excess will cost around: £80.00 per annum all in!

As well as Finance which we have been doing since 2005 independantly!
PM/Email me for further information, looking to roll out in the next week/two.

Post #243714 Wed Nov 25 2009 8:32pm
islider

Kilovolt wrote:
Mondial lost their LRA contract this Autumn - now provided by the AA Shocked

Chap who was Mondial (who last fixed my Disco suspension) was mighty p*ssed off about the whole thing Question It appears he may have been out of a job Question Not seen him since to ask (as it were) Question

Cheers Kilo,

Is it AA only operating LRA now.

As I had heard somewhere, can't remember where or who, that someone had called LRA and were offered the AA who could attend within the hour or proper LRA in a Disco within a couple of hours.

Or have I just imagined it all. Confused

Post #243766 Thu Nov 26 2009 4:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1