RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY10....gearbox warning on dash!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>

RRSSTEVE

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

BEST THING IS TO GO STRAIGHT TO DEALER WHEN FAULT OCCURS WITHOUT CYCLING IGNITION,THIS WAY FAULT WILL BE HELD IN MEMORY. THEN THE DEALERCAN ASSIST YOU AND LR IN SORTING PROBLEM. STEVE.

Post #250200 Sun Jan 17 2010 12:24pm
rrsowner

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey

Update from LR Customer Service last week when I was following up other issues. Apparently LR now acknowledge there is a fault on MY2010 RRS, mainly related to RRS's fitted with 'flappy paddles' and are issuing a fix to dealers and I was advised to to visit my dealer and get them to sort the problem under warranty even though my RRS is a MY2010 without the 'flapppy paddle' option.

Hope this helps Wink Long suffering RRS Owner, but I can't help it!

Post #252642 Fri Jan 29 2010 9:51pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

I rang my dealer last week to see what the score was on the gearbox warning on dash and the service manager told me that they hadn't got any news of a fix yet but LR were aware of it.

He also told me that he now has 8 vehicles with the same fault but I was first on his list. Smile

On another note, my front number plate fell off yesterday, luckily I noticed before I took the car out otherwise it could have been lost for good, seems that they didn't use enough double sided tape really, especially as the bumper is slightly curved so plate is trying to come unstuck at the ends all the time, put loads of new double sided tape on now so hopefully that should fix it Thumbs Up Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #252772 Sat Jan 30 2010 8:13am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

This topic http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic16584....ctor+lever ..the same?

If it is then refer to TSB LTB00253 "Transmission Fault Displayed In The Instrument Cluster".

It covers 10MY Only VIN-range: AA212145-AA232569

Just involves a change of the "Gear Selector Lever Assembly" - takes 0.5 hours! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #252800 Sat Jan 30 2010 11:49am
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Thanks for that - have just checked my VIN No and is near the end of the range - just waiting now for the gearbox fault to appear Rolling Eyes MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #252803 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:01pm
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

All dealerships should come with a 'Bobby' Laughing MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #252812 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:53pm
merlin1

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

had mine done yesterday plus two new egr valves and the smart key update which includes replaceing both smart keys, time will tell now

Post #255007 Thu Feb 11 2010 4:43pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Richchad wrote:
On another note, my front number plate fell off yesterday, luckily I noticed before I took the car out otherwise it could have been lost for good, seems that they didn't use enough double sided tape really, especially as the bumper is slightly curved so plate is trying to come unstuck at the ends all the time, put loads of new double sided tape on now so hopefully that should fix it Thumbs Up

Hmmm, it didn't fix my number plate using loads of double sided tape, found it on the ground again this morning, luckily at home, so have decided to screw it on now as I can't rely on double sided tape to do the job. Sad

Didn't expect to pay over 50k for a car and then have to go back to the days of when I owned cars that you had to keep sticking things back on.. Laughing Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #255836 Tue Feb 16 2010 2:29pm
Landlord

Gearbox warning appeared today as expected Evil or Very Mad MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #255844 Tue Feb 16 2010 4:00pm
Landlord

Booked in for Monday 1st march for gearbox fault to be sorted - parts have now arrived. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #256819 Mon Feb 22 2010 1:47pm
RR08

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

RichardM wrote:
I almost posted yesterday how mine is fine and I haven't any any problems and then today...

Just picked up my new 10 year model RRS 3.0 HSE from Yeovil Landrover, driven less than 50 miles and went to drive home this evening and got this identical light and warning come on, called the nice people at LR assistance and about a hr later a AA patrol arrived and had a look at the vehicle and plugged in his lap top.

No stored fault codes and nothing obvious he could find, spoke to the dealer and arranged to take the car back in the morning to be looked at, considering it is a new car and less than 50 miles driven very disappointed, just hope it is nothing to worry about.

Reading the forum looks like a common issue.

Come on LR sort it out, we pay a lot for our cars and they can do better than that surely.

Emma Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #257770 Tue Mar 02 2010 3:29am
RR08

CJ wrote:
It would appear that the "gear box" fault extends to the D4 3.0, Ive had my new D4 from mid September and had NO faults until the cold snap!!! Had to wait four days for a LRA man who confirmed my worst fears, he had visited 20 new D4's and 14 new RRS in 7 days ALL with the same gear box faults Evil or Very Mad After a full system reset all ok until the snow returned today and back it came, my guess is water ingress into a connector!
I loved my old Sport why oh why did I sell it Big Cry

I am beginning to wonder the same thing as the fault has also appeared on my car.. all is forgiven I would like my 08 RRS back please, few minor things but nothing like this.

Come on landrover on a 50k vehicle you can do much better than this surely... Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #257771 Tue Mar 02 2010 3:40am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

New vehicles from any mfr can suffer from teething problems - same happened back in 05 with the original RRS. They'll all get smoothed and sorted. A few will no doubt remain and become "that thing that happens" but you can say that of any car at any cost Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #257784 Tue Mar 02 2010 8:41am
RR08

RR08 wrote:
CJ wrote:
It would appear that the "gear box" fault extends to the D4 3.0, Ive had my new D4 from mid September and had NO faults until the cold snap!!! Had to wait four days for a LRA man who confirmed my worst fears, he had visited 20 new D4's and 14 new RRS in 7 days ALL with the same gear box faults Evil or Very Mad After a full system reset all ok until the snow returned today and back it came, my guess is water ingress into a connector!
I loved my old Sport why oh why did I sell it Big Cry

I am beginning to wonder the same thing as the fault has also appeared on my car.. all is forgiven I would like my 08 RRS back please, few minor things but nothing like this.

Come on landrover on a 50k vehicle you can do much better than this surely...

Dropped the car off at the dealership for 8.30 am this morning waited till after 10.30 and finally decided I needed to go to the office, dealer loaned me a defender 90, fun to drive.

After the dealer carried out various software and other downloads and things which I am not really sure of, still the same problem, arrived at the dealers tonight at 5.00 pm, problem still not fixed, they have referred to LR technical, now rather upset and my new car is still at the garage, Yeovil LR loaned me a Range Rover at the moment, though I would prefer my own car back to be honest.

NOT HAPPY GIRL, really looked forward to my new car as I am supposed to be driving to Scotland on Thursday for weekend and now no RRS.

Emma Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #257911 Wed Mar 03 2010 1:15am
Landlord

Mine repaired on Monday. Simple job took about 2 hours, replaced gearbox selector. There is a service bulletin for it details above. If your dealer calls Roger Young in Saltash they can update them. Drove to London and back yesterday no problems.

Under the Assurance programme when a new car goes in to dealer now they will automatically update all the software. Again mine was updated Monday took 3 hours.

Beginning to really like this car as much as the last one Thumbs Up MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #257922 Wed Mar 03 2010 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>