RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > MY10 problems ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wo ping

Scotland 
MY10 problems ?

I've done about 1500mile in my 3lit MY10 and love it but the following has happened:

1: service warning comes on on every start
2: the service / oil quantity section on the selectable centre display isn't there.
3: on two occaisions it hasn't started. I've had to get out lock the whole thing up again and re-open it before it starts.
4: the fuel economy has gone down from about 32MPG on motrways down to about 26.5MPG
5; 'Battery low start engine' warning has come on a few times. (it's done 70 miles a day so it's not flat !)

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow but wanted to post it here first to see if anyone has any ideas before they try and fob me off with 'no fault found' all the above have happened at different times. not on the same day.

other than the above it's a staggering car. my 9th land rover. just love it - but why do they always have to break? Big Cry

Post #240732 Tue Oct 20 2009 11:16pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Sounds like a duff battery, giving many symptoms similar to previous model and the the batteries have been known to be troublsome

Post #240768 Wed Oct 21 2009 10:16am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Yep, agree with lespes... get it back to the dealer for a new battery. For some reason, batteries do seem to be duff quite regularly. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #240770 Wed Oct 21 2009 10:18am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Re: MY10 problems ?

wo ping wrote:
2: the service / oil quantity section on the selectable centre display isn't there.

I read that the new petrol V8 didn't have a dipstick and was displayed on the dash, but is that the same for the new TDV6?

Also read in the following thread that Sept build onwards there was to be a Binnacle display update, look for the post listing all the MY10 info - when was your car built?:

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13887-180.html

Post #240778 Wed Oct 21 2009 11:35am
wo ping

Scotland 

recent build. certainly towards the end of the pre launch bunch if I remember rightly.

there is no oil dipstick so you are meant to view it on the TFT screen on the 'service section'.......

the problem I have is that I have only seen the service section once then it disappeared and is now gone !! so I can't see the oil level or miles left to a service info .

but why would the battery affect that ? also why the 20% drop in fuel economy on the same runs ?? I actually think it sound more like a V8 than it did when I bought it so hopefully someone has thrown a V8 lump in when |I wasn't looking Laughing would explain its new taste for diesel.!!

cheers

WO

Post #240806 Wed Oct 21 2009 1:11pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the world of Range Rover ownership. This is quite normal. Think of it as 'character'. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #240808 Wed Oct 21 2009 1:13pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

MY10 problems ?

They don't look as good as the MY09?

Post #240821 Wed Oct 21 2009 2:20pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

no they look better Thumbs Up

Post #240829 Wed Oct 21 2009 3:04pm
cheesy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Hi had my MY10 now for 3 weeks and had to take it into main dealer as car was holding back at low speeds and very hard to drive as needed to be pushed on as though brakes was stuck on!!!! LR main dealer contacted service support who gave a softwear upgrade on the transmissioin!! WORKED now back to usual excellent super driving!!!!!!!! sigh of relief

Post #241021 Thu Oct 22 2009 9:33pm
TonyR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

from memory the oil level is only shown when in park AND engine switched on (i could be wrong here and only shown when ignition on but engine not started).

luckily i have no faults to report after 1200 miles Smile

Post #241046 Fri Oct 23 2009 11:38am
949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

From the Owner's Manual:
"Checking the oil level
Check the oil level weekly, when the engine is hot and with the vehicle resting on level ground.
Note: Switch off the engine and let the vehicle stand for ten minutes to allow the oil to drain back into the sump. Do not start the engine. The oil level can be viewed in the message centre when the ignition is on, the engine stopped and the transmission in Park (P).
Note: The system will not give a reading until the oil level has stabilised." 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #241069 Fri Oct 23 2009 6:50pm
wo ping

Scotland 

my god you've read the manuals ????

I've always maintained if you need to read them then you've turned into your Dad. ----- looks like I need to read them Big Cry (then go for a nap).

thanks,

will try the oily bit the proper way

Post #241081 Sat Oct 24 2009 11:53am
949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Very Happy That's what one does if you still have to wait 4 months before you get delivery of the new my2010. Go through the online manual and pretend..... Embarassed 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #241087 Sat Oct 24 2009 1:20pm
wo ping

Scotland 

1900miles now . red warning triangle on TFT screen. ' DPF full take vehicle to dealer ' accompanied by horrible burning smell (melting plastic type ).

booked in first thing monday but land rover assistance are sending out someone first things as they're not sure it should be driven.

hopefully this will be the cause of the ever decreasing fuel economy and 'service required' light.

an x5 would never have had this much ''character''. even so I still prefer the sport.................. I'll have to steal the wife freelander now. - this only has 300 miles on it so there's a good chance it'll last the week before something falls off.............maybe Shocked Shocked

Post #241098 Sat Oct 24 2009 7:40pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

wo ping wrote:
an x5 would never have had this much ''character''. even so I still prefer the sport.................. I'll have to steal the wife freelander now. - this only has 300 miles on it so there's a good chance it'll last the week before something falls off.............maybe Shocked Shocked

Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter

Post #241107 Sun Oct 25 2009 3:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1