RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > what do i do next?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

my toys

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
what do i do next?

Hi all im in need of some help!

from the begining:
I have a 55reg spercharged 22k mileage and extended warranty.
I put my car in for a sevice at a highly recomended main dealer for 60k sevice and a slight knocking noise from the front. They did the sevice and replaced some anti roll bar bushes and all was sorted, Tight and drove really well!
Untill 70mph on the motorway and the car starts shaking and vibrating all over the place, Jump out and the smell of brake dust nearly knocked me over! lol ... Assist guy comes out and says its been over adjusted so he backed it right off so it would'nt work if i put it on and told me to get to the dealer.
Now this is where the problem is i started off on my journey again and the car is driving like Censored , knocking and vibrating so much worse than it was before it went in for bushes!
Taken to different dealer and they suspect it to be the ARC ? so they have found a new fault i thought, Landrover send a assesment guy out as its expensive job aparently, He says there is nothing wrong with it and now the dealer is saying that his tech guy says the cars all fine and driving normaly and ready for pick up.
I can't understand this as he has'nt fixed anything (apart from rear discs payed for by the 1st dealer that messed up)
HE is now saying there is no fault even though he found one in the first place, Is this landrover just being Censored and not putting there hand in there pocket? the car feels so bad, so what do i get them to change this time? anyone had the same sort of thing. Sorry for going on!
regards

Post #239612 Fri Oct 09 2009 9:16pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

First of all, sorry to hear your pain. Can you clarify whether your car has 22k as you said you put the car in for a 60k service?

Any reason why you didn't take the car to the original dealer who repaired the bushes? Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #239613 Fri Oct 09 2009 9:54pm
my toys

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

the car has 22k but the 60k is a 4 year service.. The reason was they could'nt fit it in straight away and to be honest they messed up big time doing the service so was quite happy it was'nt going back!

Pain in the arse really as the knocking originaly was never actualy that bad but now it's awful!
could the vibrating lossened anything or damaged anything? I would'nt have tought so.

Post #239614 Fri Oct 09 2009 10:01pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

It may be unrelated but you may want to read this thread about the infamous knocking:

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic7227.html?highlight=knocking

Post #239618 Sat Oct 10 2009 7:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1