RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Looking for a Snorkel and a set of Expedition Racks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Excellent Thumbs Up

So, you've managed to make the snorkel fully watertight ?? Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #276768 Mon Sep 27 2010 10:25pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Here's the site:

http://dynamictyres.com.au/html/s02_articl..._top_id=55

Post #276769 Mon Sep 27 2010 10:26pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

MikeS wrote:
Excellent Thumbs Up

So, you've managed to make the snorkel fully watertight ??

Sealed at the guard and sealed through to the air filter box including the drain holes there.

Will fully seal the filter box with sealant and the two connecting ends of the hose leading from the filer box just before our cape trip next year.

Am going to run the smoke machine through it this week to ensure there are no gaps anywhere. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #276774 Mon Sep 27 2010 10:50pm
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you considered a winch Jimmy? Could come in handy on a Cape trip. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276954 Thu Sep 30 2010 7:30am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

640Newton wrote:
Have you considered a winch Jimmy? Could come in handy on a Cape trip.

Would love to get a front bar and winch but am not a big fan of the official LR gear.

Unfortunately no-one makes an ADR compliant bar here in Oz.

Got any ideas? 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #276955 Thu Sep 30 2010 7:54am
640Newton

[quote="Jimmy Salsa]

Would love to get a front bar and winch but am not a big fan of the official LR gear.

Unfortunately no-one makes an ADR compliant bar here in Oz.

Got any ideas?[/quote]

I can't find one here in Oz either other than the LR ones. I'm also struggling to find out whether or not I can even fit any of the land rover front end equipment (bar, winch, bash-plate) with the ACC fitted to my TDV8. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276957 Thu Sep 30 2010 8:03am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Quote:

I can't find one here in Oz either other than the LR ones. I'm also struggling to find out whether or not I can even fit any of the land rover front end equipment (bar, winch, bash-plate) with the ACC fitted to my TDV8.

Had heard there were some issues with the TDV8. Can you get any gear from UK or US? Dollar is up at the moment.

I have spoken with ARB and they believe that there is no demand for a bull bar for RRS. Was thinking we could get a bulk order together from everyone on the forum and see if they are up to making one. Alternatively, go to TJM and convince them to do one to stick it up ARB for being so slack. Could bring a whole heap of landy business their way.[/quote] 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #276958 Thu Sep 30 2010 8:07am
640Newton

Jimmy Salsa wrote:
Quote:

I can't find one here in Oz either other than the LR ones. I'm also struggling to find out whether or not I can even fit any of the land rover front end equipment (bar, winch, bash-plate) with the ACC fitted to my TDV8.

Had heard there were some issues with the TDV8. Can you get any gear from UK or US? Dollar is up at the moment.

I have spoken with ARB and they believe that there is no demand for a bull bar for RRS. Was thinking we could get a bulk order together from everyone on the forum and see if they are up to making one. Alternatively, go to TJM and convince them to do one to stick it up ARB for being so slack. Could bring a whole heap of landy business their way.
[/quote]

Yes, I spoke to ARB as well and they weren't interested. I'm happy to import all the stuff from the UK or US but before I order I want to be sure that they are going to fit my TDV8 (otherwise I'll have to sell it all to you if it doesn't fit. Laughing ) I also noticed that they do a rigid cargo barrier in the UK now so I'm keen to get that as well. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276959 Thu Sep 30 2010 8:14am
garrycol

Australia 

Bump

New to the RRS

Jimmy are you happy with what you have done with the snorkel?

Have you considered modifying a D3 bar - I did see a pic of one on a RRS and it sort of looked OK.

Are you happy with the roof rack?

Does anyone know if a D3 replacement long range tank will fit a RRS - not sure what I would do with the spare - as you guys have done - one step at a time I guess.

Cheers

Garry

Post #282185 Tue Dec 07 2010 4:50am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Hey Garry,

Welcome to the world of woe and wonder.

As in "Woe is me, that part/service/repair was f%$king expensive"

and

"I wonder how the f&$k the car does that so well."

Am very happy with the snorkel though haven't had the water up over the bonnet as yet to give it a truly good dunking.

As for the bar, while some have done the mod you referenced, it is actually an illegal modification that does not meet ADR compliance and will void their insurance, so I've stayed away from that one.

The racks have been good and are light enough for me to easily remove the expedition tray as necessary. I generally leave the bars on for everyday use. I have added an MSR waterproof bag which is a little fiddly, but guaranteed waterproof. Worth the extra coin for the peace of mind.

I have just started speaking with a mate from ARB about the possibility of fitting a long range tank and he believes it should be the same as the D3. I also understand they are about to release a swing away rear wheel carrier for the RRS that mounts onto the rear bumper thus solving the problem of spare wheel location.

With that scenario, you could also then carry a second spare on the roof for longer expeditions such as Cape York and the Simpson. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #282188 Tue Dec 07 2010 7:11am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Rimini who comes by the forum now and again has a long range tank on his TDV8, he also has the 4x4 intelligence swing away wheel carrier..

Post #282203 Tue Dec 07 2010 10:13am
DSL

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Disco3.co.uk!

See we have our uses!!! Jimmy, surely you don't want to look like this?? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Post #282216 Tue Dec 07 2010 11:58am
garrycol

Australia 

Jimmy Salsa wrote:

As for the bar, while some have done the mod you referenced, it is actually an illegal modification that does not meet ADR compliance and will void their insurance, so I've stayed away from that one.

The racks have been good and are light enough for me to easily remove the expedition tray as necessary. I generally leave the bars on for everyday use. I have added an MSR waterproof bag which is a little fiddly, but guaranteed waterproof. Worth the extra coin for the peace of mind.

Thanks for the information - I understand the D3 bar only had to be modified because the RRS grill comes down a but low - I wonder if modifying the grill is the answer - I have noticed they come up cheap on ebay form tiome to time.

I cannot see on your car but what type of bars to you have you roof rack attached too - rails and cross bars or just Rola type bars.

I have had a look at your vids - great stuff - good quality video - I am not sure I would be that adventurous in the RRS but then I have another older landie for that stuff.

Cheers

Garry

Post #282218 Tue Dec 07 2010 12:22pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

DSL wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:
Disco3.co.uk!

See we have our uses!!! Jimmy, surely you don't want to look like this?? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up "That's exactly the look I'm going for Very Happy 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #282299 Wed Dec 08 2010 1:49am
DSL

United Kingdom 

Excellent, don't meet too many RRSers that like the mud instead of the detailer's shop. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Mind you the D3s that day did get a bit grubby too!! Mr. Green Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

Post #282348 Wed Dec 08 2010 3:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>