RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Question for James at CHPR (now Lookers Park Royal)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Kaine

United Kingdom 

touché Thumbs Up

Post #237332 Fri Sep 18 2009 5:30pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

James - is giving Lisa's number e a reply to islider's statement about virgins? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #237334 Fri Sep 18 2009 5:46pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I've yet to deal with a stratstone dealership which are decent or provide a level of service equal to the prestige and value of the vehicles they sell.

Some of the premium brand dealers have obviously transferred their chavvy sales guys from one of their lesser brand dealerships e.g Ford/Vauxhall as a promotion of some sort and believe they can use the same technique and style to service their clients.

Or maybe I've just been unlucky. Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #237343 Fri Sep 18 2009 9:23pm
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Will,

good advice on the escalating the issues, thing is I have previously done this with their Head Office, Land Rover etc.
That sorted it last time, and to be fair to them they told me to contact Dealer Principal and Service Manager direct in future. But I hate pulling rank on people, I come across as a right anal Censored . Whistle
Shouldn't have to namedrop every time you want decent service, saying that did refer the Service Rep to his Manager and it didn't seem to register much with him.
And there was me thinking they would have a 'marker' in their system against my reg, warning them I'm a complaining git and to tread carefully. Obviously they've missed a trick there. Laughing

I was going for the relationship bit, they were supplying dealer, I use them for service and maintenance work. Which is not small as a revenue stream for a business.
Then I would buy the replacement RRS from them, look after me and you get my money for years to come.
But I think their business model doesn't include repeat business factor, and I thought from a marketing point of view that was the cheapest and most effective. Rolling Eyes

As there is a decent golf course nearby, I've even gone and played golf while they have the car for a minor piece of work to give them four hours to complete it. Am I being to good to them. Laughing

Post #237373 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:20am
islider

James,

thanks for the feedback, and Lisa's details, I may well ask you to take a look. Even though you are a fair bit further, if I get good service the travelling time would be time well spent. Especially if I don't need to make repeat visits.
My other nearest Dealer is part of Lookers also and had also considered giveing them a try, if you guys put your motto into practice.

Alternatively, you might confirm that I'm one of those idiot customers that are impossible to please. Laughing Laughing

Post #237374 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:27am
islider

mcalia,

think you maybe right, I know Stratstones are now so big as a company that they just work on numbers and quotas, not relationships.
They're run by Accountants not Car People, like most large companies.
Ironically, it was bad treatment at a BMW Dealer that made me consider an RRS in the first place. And that was when I was trying to spend money at Sytner, they hadn't even got my money and they'd Censored me off.
At least Stratstones weren't too bad in the buying process, until they got their grubby mitts on my money that is, and then the service level fell off a cliff.

Post #237375 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:35am
Lookers Park Royal

We'd come and collect it if it were for a decent sized job (an annual service etc) as opposed to a replacement stop light bulb!! Wink

Alternatively if you come in then you can have a loan car (one of our rather nice FL2's Whistle ).

Or............... Drop in during the morning, nip into London for some shopping amd pick it up on your way back out (we're next to the tube and only 15-20 mins to the West End). Very Happy

James Thumbs Up

Post #237376 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
islider

Just thought of one more thing that confuses me.

Whilst waiting for the car to be moved from one parking space to another, before getting anywhere near the workshop, I had a good look at a MY2010 in white that was waiting to be prepped for handover. And it did look very good, even the front is growing on me.

And I was having a good look, underneath wing mirrors looking for the cameras etc. Not just going 'ooh nice car'.

Don't they realise, they have a customer looking at the new model who has had his current one for a couple of years, probably ready to trade up.

I know let's Censored him off so he leaves without getting the warranty work done, that will help him into a new car with us, won't it????

I know they're service guys and not sales people, but this place is just not connected up. In any business customers pay the bills, wages etc, without them you don't have a business.

Oh well, it's all part of the 'Land Rover Experience'. Thumbs Up

Post #237377 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:43am
islider

James,

all three are good options for me, and next service is due in November.

Any golf courses nearby? Doubt it?

Are you far from Wembley Stadium, could do the tour whilst there.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #237378 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:47am
Lookers Park Royal

We're 10 mins from the Stadium.

As regards Golf........................ The Grove is 25 mins and Stoke Park about the same too.

Regarding your previous post.... You are suffering from 'buying signals' which a dealer can usually treat effectively by administering a warm smile, some genuine interest and a blank order form!!

Give Lisa a call in Nov and we'll look after you.

James Thumbs Up

Post #237379 Sat Sep 19 2009 10:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
islider

Thanks James, and your location is growing on me. Thumbs Up

Forgot to mention, your first reply was very diplomatic and appropriate. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

And if you can treat symptoms of customers as well, think you have everything covered. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #237383 Sat Sep 19 2009 11:00am
mccalia1

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
We'd come and collect it if it were for a decent sized job (an annual service etc) as opposed to a replacement stop light bulb!! Wink

Alternatively if you come in then you can have a loan car (one of our rather nice FL2's Whistle ).

Or............... Drop in during the morning, nip into London for some shopping amd pick it up on your way back out (we're next to the tube and only 15-20 mins to the West End). Very Happy

James Thumbs Up

I think I'll be heading to your dealership for it's next service! Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #237401 Sat Sep 19 2009 3:22pm
mccalia1

islider wrote:
mcalia,

think you maybe right, I know Stratstones are now so big as a company that they just work on numbers and quotas, not relationships.
They're run by Accountants not Car People, like most large companies.
Ironically, it was bad treatment at a BMW Dealer that made me consider an RRS in the first place. And that was when I was trying to spend money at Sytner, they hadn't even got my money and they'd Censored me off.
At least Stratstones weren't too bad in the buying process, until they got their grubby mitts on my money that is, and then the service level fell off a cliff.

Interesting, I've had a good experience with Sytner group, well it was a Guy Salmon dealership near me. Thei4 sales wasn't much to go by but the servicing was quick, efficient and honest. Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #237408 Sat Sep 19 2009 3:50pm
islider

mcalia,

didn't get past the sales guy at Sytner, so thought I couldn't chance dealing with them further down the line.

Interestingly my dealer do offer loan cars, if you book in advance, usually three weeks so not that convenient for warranty work ok for a service. And also pickup, but after watching the motorised musical chairs in the car park, I'm not sure that I'd trust their drivers with my car any longer than I'd need to.
Was told by one of their drivers, that another driver was let go, after he had three accidents in customers Range Rovers, final one a write off I think. Shocked

Thinking about I have GAP insurance, maybe I should ask them to collect it Whistle

Post #237410 Sat Sep 19 2009 4:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12