RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Parking Sensors..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kam100

United Kingdom 
Parking Sensors..

This is something that really gets on my nerves and is something i have had to watch out for, as becoming over reliant on them can cause problems!

Basically i jump in my RRs start her up and stick it in reverse, and then roll back. This first manouevure doesn't turn the PDC on!!

Its only when i engage drive and roll forwards, that it comes on, then reengage reverse and its on still. Now this has almost caused me to hit something, but thankfully i have always manually been checking in the mirrors anyway so haven't actually run into anything yet so its fine, but i am wary of this a lot.

I think sometimes, when i stop the car and stick it in reverse it doesn't come on, but always comes on when i slow down and am in D, like when i pull up onto my driveway or something.
This happen in all yours? this wasn't something that the new software upload sorted either.
And quite a few of the functions work better since, and was hoping this would be one of them.

Post #13998 Tue Feb 21 2006 2:08pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Kam - exactly the same problem. I have been mening to mention this on site and have added it to my issues list when my car goes in for repairs. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #13999 Tue Feb 21 2006 2:14pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

There is a known problem with the PDC on older models. There is a technical bulliten on this. A search on this forum will find the details.
When my car went in for some warranty fixes the other week, this was on my list, along with a print out of the GTR bulletin. The bulletin says that the PDC control unit should be replaced with the newer version, but only for customers who complain about the PDC operation. One of the things that is fixed with the new ecu is the commands/circumstances that turn on the PDC.

Maybe on Sunday we'll find the time to compare how mine now operates with yours. I'd like to know too, to see if I actually do have a new ecu. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #14000 Tue Feb 21 2006 2:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Don't remember having this issue. Mine always seems to switch on when going directly into reverse.

The sensors come on when your speed falls below x?, which is slightly annoying in small lanes but you can switch them off.

This is the first car where I have had sensors and I can't get use to them. Over sensitive and distracting noise! If only they could read out the distance!

PS. I suspect mine is the newer unit (Dec 05 build) Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Last edited by Robbi on Tue Feb 21 2006 3:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #14003 Tue Feb 21 2006 2:40pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

We will have to compare on Sunday i think.
Its not overly annoying, as im used to it now and tend to be careful..
I sometimes even press the button to get it to come on, but even then it doesn't want to come on!? strange piece of kit, but if im in a tight spot i stick it into d, let the pdc engage then back into R and it then works.. odd..

Once you get PDC its dangerous driving other cars. My sisters Saab is the only car we have without sensors and i have to remember this when i reverse that towards the house!! Bmw visual display pic on the newer models is very good, makes much more sense then just the sounds.

Post #14007 Tue Feb 21 2006 3:06pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Kam - I get into mine each morning & straight into reverse to turn around on the driveway and as i get closer to the fence/garage " BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP" ............. so it works immediately & so should yours. Get your dealer to replace the PDC unit/software.

Cheers

Martin 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #14013 Tue Feb 21 2006 4:02pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Mine was intermittant. It worked fine about 90% of the time. However, we have had a few near missed reversing out of our gates, when swinging the front out. It was the front ones that sometimes didn't come on.
Since the dealer has fixed it (and I assume they changed the ecu as per the bulletin I gave them) it has worked fine everytime. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #14015 Tue Feb 21 2006 4:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

KAM, if you want the GTR doc to print out and take with you send me a PM with your email on and I'll send it out. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #14016 Tue Feb 21 2006 4:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Cheers guys.. so this isn't normal then!
RRUK u have a PM.
Thanks again.

Post #14036 Tue Feb 21 2006 5:27pm
ST

I have the same problem in the D3....... Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #14153 Wed Feb 22 2006 1:20pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Mine doesn't bug me that much, as i don't have a tight squeeze driveway gate, its quite open after the Saab (RRS blocker) has been moved in the morning.
So never really notice on first starting up from home, only when ive jammed the car into a space when im out and need to manoevure out straight away after start up, need to remember about the PDC or i will have other worries to think about rather then the PDC!!

Post #14241 Thu Feb 23 2006 1:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1