RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Anyone fitted the accessory front bumper driving lamps kit?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Simon Sport

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black
Anyone fitted the accessory front bumper driving lamps kit?

Just bought the driving lamps/fog lamps complete kit for RRS with fog lamps already set in bumper. Instruction very good but looks like car needs to be plugged into diagnostic computer at dealership once all the hard work is done. Is this correct. Also, is it a real pig of a job to fit the looms and cut the bumper etc. Any help appreciated. Confused Simon - 2005 RRS TDV6 Java Black _ Best yet!

Previously:
Suzuki LJ
Suzuki SJ410
Land Rover Series 3 Diesel - Slug!
Range Rover V8 1976 - Miss you!
Land Rover One Ten V8 - Brill!
LR Discovery 3 TDV6 - Excellent!
Kia Sorrento 2.5 TD - Barge on wheels!
And that's just the 4x4's!

Post #234062 Thu Aug 20 2009 5:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Simon - yes after fitting they need to be activated by a LR dealer. BTW they are a pig of a job to fit, about 6 hours IIRC. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #234063 Thu Aug 20 2009 5:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I left the job to my friendly dealer in London W3........................................... CHPR are a fine carpark for those from out of town! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #234067 Thu Aug 20 2009 6:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simon Sport

Thanks for the replies so far, the wiring fitment seemed a reasonable job to me, the bumper mods are unclear so perhaps the Main Dealer route is a better option as it will need to be set into the electronics system. Perhaps I'll go along and have a word, see if I can do a deal. I guess disconnecting and reconnecting the battery does not effect ECU set up etc? Simon - 2005 RRS TDV6 Java Black _ Best yet!

Previously:
Suzuki LJ
Suzuki SJ410

Post #234074 Thu Aug 20 2009 7:31pm
Tim in Scotland

It will effect the gearbox ECU Simon, it will clear the memory so you will find that the shift patterns it has learned since the last disconnection are different, but then it will start learning again when you drive off. Might be best to contact the service manager at the dealer to see what else is upset when you disconnect the battery - it might also do things to the immobiliser/ anti theft system................................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #234077 Thu Aug 20 2009 8:25pm
Simon Sport

As it all turned out, it was a long job!!!!! Plus the Genuine Part instructions had wrong block connector and wire colours which wasn't that helpful to say the least...... Got my local dealer Westovers to put that area together correctly and initialise. Overall I saved a small mint though so well pleased with outcome and upgrade of lights. Thanks again for helpful suggestions. Simon - 2005 RRS TDV6 Java Black _ Best yet!

Previously:
Suzuki LJ
Suzuki SJ410

Post #235860 Sun Sep 06 2009 10:32pm
Tim in Scotland

As the nights draw in you will find they are VERY powerful lights and increase the lighted area in front of the car hugely. Makes night driving on the country roads around here a lot easier and you can dazzle the rabbits and deer at 500 metres instead of 100mtrs!
Only problem - road signs can be quite dazzling at night now when on full beam with the driving lights on! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #235887 Mon Sep 07 2009 9:57am
Simon Sport

I'm hoping it keeps the Moose behind the tree line in Sweden rather than rabbits in the UK!! Thumbs Up Simon - 2005 RRS TDV6 Java Black _ Best yet!

Previously:
Suzuki LJ
Suzuki SJ410

Post #235895 Mon Sep 07 2009 11:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1