RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Latest iPhone software upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Latest iPhone software upgrade

Last week when I synchronised my iPhone with iTunes my iPhone got the latest upgraded software............... since then I haven't been able to receive any data except by wifi. Have just spoken with my contact at O2 select and there is a glitch with the software when you download it. If you find the same problem with data then check in
Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network and check the setting for APN is still mobile.O2.co.uk if you are with O2. It may have been reset to data.o2.co.uk or something similar.

This occured after installing version 3.0.1 (7A400) software 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #234175 Fri Aug 21 2009 1:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Also have just been told by O2 that for some reason my contract was not changed to the iPhone tarrif last year when I got the phone and instead of having an 18 month contract I still have a contract for 12 months and in October will be entitled to a free upgrade to the 3GS instead of having to wait until the 18 months is up Cool 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #234178 Fri Aug 21 2009 1:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Those sort of mistakes are always welcome Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #234179 Fri Aug 21 2009 1:57pm
Tim in Scotland

They have given me the option of changing to the iPhone tarfiff in October and will also give me a refund of all the excess charges I have incurred as on my current tariff I an paying to send/receive emails and data (which I would when abroad anyway) - so it looks like I could do quite nicely if I change contract AFTER getting the upgraded iphone (not that I ever watch video on it anyway!) but at least I now know why even in the UK I was getting quite hefty bills despite not really using the data facility except when I was in a wifi hotspot. I must admit the iphone is the first "smart"phone I have owned that I could easily get into my home email account when abroad, I always had problems setting up Blackberries and Nokia clever phones - they were too complex for less than techysmart owners! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234181 Fri Aug 21 2009 2:03pm
BKHK

Australia 

Tim

I am thinking about an iPhone but I need it for my business use. I am currently a blackberry user. Is the iPhone a useful business tool or is it really a toy?

Thanks BKHK

Post #234183 Fri Aug 21 2009 2:09pm
Tim in Scotland

BKHK, I don't use mine for work (I get a satellite phone for that!) so mine isn't used for business, only for private use. For me it is great as I now only need to carry on device around the world, although I wish I had gone for the bigger memory now! I see a lot of businessmen with iphones in my travels so they must have some uses for them. It took a bit of getting used to the touch sensitive screen, especially the keyboard but I have learned how best to press the keys to get the right one every time! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234184 Fri Aug 21 2009 2:24pm
jkp

Scotland 

BKHK

I use mine for business and although some will say the BB and Nokia smarts are more powerful, it suits my needs perfectly.

I receive my mail and can send out on any account I choose.

I can update my diary on the phone and it updates my laptop outlook account for me, as well as keeping a copy online.

and I can listen to my choons while I work as well as the games and apps to keep the wee fella happy when he gets bored when we are out.

Does everything I need. the only thing I was missing was MMS, which you can do now Thumbs Up Need detailing or cleaning products, drop me a pm for forum discount prices.

If you dont want to clean it yourself, give me a shout for a quote on your detailing requirements. From a simple valet to machine polishing to remove bramble rash and swirl marks.

Post #234205 Fri Aug 21 2009 5:06pm
Pelyma

England 

I've been using mine for nearly a year, imho it does email better than BB especially if you have attachments like pdfs to view. Its biggest weakness is battery life so if you aren't able to charge during the day if you are a very heavy user you may find it a problem. Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #234214 Fri Aug 21 2009 7:28pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

currently have a BB and iPhone - its the only way forward Whistle

Post #234219 Fri Aug 21 2009 9:14pm
Tim in Scotland

I have managed to make the battery in my iPhone last a lot longer by only having the data roaming on when I need it, the wifi on when I know I am likely to find hotspots and the BT offwhen I'm not using it. BUT the most efficeint way to save on battery is to press the power button gently and blank the screen while the phone is in my pocket. Using any application that requires the receiver to search for signals will eat the battery very very quickly. I have a stick on holder in the car and recharge it using the cigarette lighter socket. There are also 1000's of very clever apps as well, from useful programmes through to silly games - some are free others you pay for. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234221 Fri Aug 21 2009 9:22pm
BKHK

Australia 

Thanks Guys. Will it work with the RRS BT?

Post #234228 Fri Aug 21 2009 11:30pm
Wozz

Works perfectly with my BT in 09 RRS WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award
'09 TDV6 XS Stornaway Grey

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
'08 A4 TDi SLine Avant (Gone)
Large pack of Flake Cakes (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #234230 Sat Aug 22 2009 1:16am
Tim in Scotland

Yes, works no problem with RRS BT, barring the usual foibles of the LR BT software 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234241 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1