RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Warnings in info screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Warnings in info screen

In the last month I have had several warnings come up on the display in the dash......... not all at once (yet!)

"Warning - Low Power Mode" when switching off the ingition but leaving the key in place. Wonder if this has something to do with the key fob battery charging?

"Air Suspension raising slowly" - speaks for itself and is pretty evident visually, a quick gunning of the engine seems to assist the air suspension compressor.

A few times I have had "Offroad Height Selected" come up when it hasn't been selected. This was a regular alarm in my TD6RR too.

Anybody else gettting.

Post #900 Sun Jul 10 2005 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
off road height selected

tim, i had this message, but after playing around, i found that to raise from acces mode to regular mode i only have to touch switch once, i held it down,to long and car went into off road height

Post #904 Sun Jul 10 2005 6:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Scorpio, the RR I ran had a useful repeater switch with the lecky window switches for selecting access height! The Sport makes do without, but then it isn't a mountaineering expendition to get into the Sport even at Normal height!

Post #905 Sun Jul 10 2005 6:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Toodeep

United Kingdom 

Tim

Is this "Low Power Mode" something to do with leaving something electrical on with the engine not running? Something similar comes up on the radio if I try to turn the volume up beyond a given level with the engine off whereas I can crank it up to my hearts content whilst driving. Evidently this protects against discharging the battery whilst parked. Just a guess. Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE in Bonatti Grey + 20" Stormer wheels (ex X5 and ML driver)

Post #978 Thu Jul 14 2005 11:52pm
BN

England 

These cars are so electrically intensive and sensitive that a battery voltage minimum of around 12.2 is set. Anything below that will cause all but the starter to either hybanate, go into low power mode or simply not work.

The battery in the vehicle is that of a motorhome or caravan auxilliary battery - 110amp hour, thats very big for a car, but possibly not big enough to sustain all the power we demand.

Another thought I have had recently is that if any of the buttons and knobs are 'fiddled' with when the vehicle is parked, they appear to trigger something odd when the car is started next time. For example, I sat pulling and pushing the parking brake switch out of boredom the other day. When I started and drove off, I received a warning that the suspension was going to lower and that I had a parking brake error. I stopped, switched off and rebooted. Never seen the problem again.

Post #981 Fri Jul 15 2005 6:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1