Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Supercharged vs HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
Supercharged vs HSE

Hello everybody,

Going through this interesting forum I have noticed that the majority of you are going for HSE range rover sport
and upgrading it to supercharged appearance changing wheels, logo vents est. This make me think twice before placing the order
I’m in an opinion that if you are buying range rover sport go for proper one SPORT should do what it design to do
It’s a land rover product and it’s a range rover it means best off roader with a lot of luxury, it’s a piece of engineering as I’m engineer so I appreciate it very well…though the reliability is an issue but as all new models are overcoming it after two or three years of production…that’s why I was waiting and holding my order Laughing ..to be honest I would like to know why most of you guys prefer HSE non supercharged RRS..is it a cost or maintenance or reliability again or you just want to have it for a quite nice drive during weekend, coming back to off-road capability I believe that 30% only are driving it off-road I’m not sure just guessing
Now coming back why I’m purchasing it: Good looking car , hardcore off-roader sport not fast as Evo but it is the best aerodynamic Land lover product ever built

Post #13693 Sun Feb 19 2006 6:58am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

sportman - for me it's the cost. I'm very happy with the HSE but I would love a SC but the mpg and cost of the vehicle prohibits me. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #13696 Sun Feb 19 2006 8:15am
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Cost is the major reason for not getting the SC its almost the same price as the regular RR HSE. So for that money, might as well get the big one. The reason everyone is upgrading the looks is because the chrome acents and black badges look better. It's not to make the HSE look like the SC. It's purely because it looks better.

Post #13698 Sun Feb 19 2006 9:01am
kam100

United Kingdom 

At the time of buying, Cost of running and buying were why i bought the Diesel HSE. Also residuals, although all the RRS' are doing well on their prices right now, the market for the diesel is greater then for the SC on the used market also so it should keep demand up therefore the prices quite stable and uniform across the country.

If i lived in the UAE, i woudn't care about the cost of ownership, how much is ur petrol per litre in dirhams? water is more expensive then oil out there!! so knock yourself out and buy the SC, we all would if the running and buying cost wasn't as much as here. If im right, the RRS is only offered in 4.4 V8 HSE form and SC over there? correct me if im wrong though.
So obviously the one to go for would be the SC.

Post #13714 Sun Feb 19 2006 12:16pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

you are 100% right two options are available 4.4 V8 HSE coming in June and SC now being sale more that a year..but for the HSE non supercharged the maintenance package is available which means 5 years unlimited warranty with free services till 100,000 km who cares I would get Supercharged baby..spacially that I will be coming from my Evo 8 to RRS
I had chance in UK to test both diesel and Supercharged...man no comparison at all..I guess it worth to pay extra for much fun and stylish

Post #13717 Sun Feb 19 2006 1:22pm
mole

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

sportman wrote:
Evo 8 to RRS

Big difference!! Are you not keeping the 8? I have both as I could not live without the Evo Cool Old enough to know better,
Young enough not to care!!!

Post #14066 Tue Feb 21 2006 7:28pm
PaulB

England 

Let's get it right Mole, your Mum has the RRS and you have the Evo. Wink

Post #14072 Tue Feb 21 2006 8:19pm
mole

Owns..yes! but I drive them both as much as each other as we car share.
But my point being; I couldn't get rid of my Evo for a RRS of my own, (as much as I do love the RRS) as I'm a racer at heart Cool Old enough to know better,

Post #14077 Tue Feb 21 2006 9:17pm
Hang Over

Isle Of Man 

I visited an independant dealer yesterday afternoon to talk about the RR sports. He told me that i would easily stand to loose £20,000 if i bought a Supercharged Sport, he felt that the residual prices would not hold as well as the HSE diesels. So possibly a second hand SC would be the way to go in a years time! im certainly thinking about it.. just dont wanna take such a hit in the first year or two!

He knows that resale price etc is important to me and was very straight talking. Also he felt that the HSEs would hold thier value well but may experience a slight dip in 6 months time when more and more of the fleet / rental cars come on to the market.

At present he is able to offer £600 off list price on a HSE, but 6 months ago he was charging £300 - £500 more than list to beat the wait! He has two available for immediate delivery.

Post #14142 Wed Feb 22 2006 12:01pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hang Over wrote:
I visited an independant dealer yesterday afternoon to talk about the RR sports. He told me that i would easily stand to loose £20,000 if i bought a Supercharged Sport,just dont wanna take such a hit in the first year or two!

WOW Shocked , So, when my S'chrgd is 2 years old [ sept 07 ] my car will only fetch £39000 Big Cry 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #14166 Wed Feb 22 2006 12:33pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

That's probably not far off for a 2 yr old car that cost nearly 60k new. But just think of the enjoyment you've had out of it in those two years! And the relationships you've formed with the employees of your local petrol station! Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #14181 Wed Feb 22 2006 1:11pm
PaulB

England 

mole wrote:
I'm a racer at heart Cool

Kids eh ? Rolling Eyes

Post #14195 Wed Feb 22 2006 2:07pm
mole

PaulB wrote:

Kids eh ? Rolling Eyes

Amazing what jealousy does to some people! Rolling Eyes Old enough to know better,

Post #14217 Wed Feb 22 2006 7:29pm
PaulB

England 

mole wrote:
PaulB wrote:

Kids eh ? Rolling Eyes

Amazing what jealousy does to some people! Rolling Eyes

..of what ? Very Happy

Post #14218 Wed Feb 22 2006 8:00pm
mole

I don't want to drag this man's topic down with off-topic drivel but PM me if you want to continue whatever it is that you've started. Old enough to know better,

Post #14219 Wed Feb 22 2006 8:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>