RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > More HP in the S/C
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

paredes_fontanals

United States 
More HP in the S/C

I am planning to get a S/C in the next month or so. I read somewhere that by changing the belt of the supercharger with an aftermarket one, it could be achieved 400+ bhp. Does anyone know the name of the company? Diego Paredes Fontanals
----------------------------
Audi A4 soon a RRS S/C
MV Agusta Brutale F4

Post #13603 Sat Feb 18 2006 12:32am
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

It's actually the S/C pulley that is changed, (not the belt). This allows the supercharger to run faster and create more boost. Various companies are working on a package of new pulley, and ECU update, (to increase fuel flow rate, etc.), and potentially new exhausts. Should be easy to get approximately 450 bhp with excellent reliability. Since the S/C engine is the same as the Jag S/C engine, and its been around for a while, the update for the RRS S/C should be easy to do, I'm thinking.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #13609 Sat Feb 18 2006 2:02am
Eurotoys Ltd

United States 
Re: More HP in the S/C

paredes_fontanals wrote:
I am planning to get a S/C in the next month or so. I read somewhere that by changing the belt of the supercharger with an aftermarket one, it could be achieved 400+ bhp. Does anyone know the name of the company?

The upper supercharger pulley is what you are thinking of. Currently we have those available, Supercharger Porting, etc. Future development will include a combination of 2-3 Supercharger pulleys to increase boost that much more.

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=39_155_260_349

Mike 

Post #13665 Sat Feb 18 2006 8:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
paredes_fontanals

United States 
Thanx

Thanx guys. Sorry but the word pulley wouldn't come to my mind @ the moment, that why I wrote belt.
At least you guys understood me. Diego Paredes Fontanals
----------------------------
Audi A4 soon a RRS S/C
MV Agusta Brutale F4

Post #13679 Sat Feb 18 2006 10:41pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

thebishman wrote:
It's actually the S/C pulley that is changed, (not the belt). This allows the supercharger to run faster and create more boost. Various companies are working on a package of new pulley, and ECU update, (to increase fuel flow rate, etc.), and potentially new exhausts. Should be easy to get approximately 450 bhp with excellent reliability. Since the S/C engine is the same as the Jag S/C engine, and its been around for a while, the update for the RRS S/C should be easy to do, I'm thinking.
Bish

Mike,
Can you explain to the board the hp boost products you have so far for the S/C RRS? I'm especially interested in products that my LR dealer will not find objectionable, (i.e. those products that could cause me warranty 'issues').
Also, the number of dealers/installers you have for your products.
TIA,
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #13687 Sun Feb 19 2006 1:07am
Eurotoys Ltd

United States 

Bish,

For both the Range Rover Sport and the Range Rover, I have a smaller upper supercharger pulley that will raise the boost another 1.5 lbs by increasing the superchargers RPM. This is worth approximately 20hp.

I also provide supercharger porting, which improves the efficiency of the supercharger. By raising the efficiency of the supercharger, the Intake temperature exiting the supercharger is lowered. The lower Intake temp gives you more power, approximately 35hp. The drawback to this is the work involved on removing the supercharger and the downtime of the Truck. At this time we do not have these available on Exchange basis, so your supercharger is sent out, modified and then returned.

I have recently signed up with SVC out of California. They offer a rear exhaust for the RRS. I believe they rate that system at 15hp, I have not received any more information on that.

In the next 2-3 months I will be coming out with a Supercharger pulley system that will include the upper pulley, a lower supercharger pulley and a smaller idler pulley. I will keep the board updated on my progress.

Problems with dealers are really up to the individual dealer. Some dealers are ignorant on the subject of Modifications and want no part of them. While other dealers will sell you the parts and install them. I would recommend that the customer try and establish a relationship with a knowledgeable person at the dealer.

I do not have a list of installers that covers the US or Europe. Most of my customers install their own parts or source a good technician locally.

Mike

Post #13800 Mon Feb 20 2006 6:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
avus

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

mike-
on your site you list the need for ECU tuning when fitting the underdrive pulley. what exactly does this entail?
how long of a down time is needed for the porting?
i too am in the chi-city, might have to stop by and visit... hehehe

Post #13801 Mon Feb 20 2006 6:31am
Eurotoys Ltd

United States 

avus wrote:
mike-
on your site you list the need for ECU tuning when fitting the underdrive pulley. what exactly does this entail?
how long of a down time is needed for the porting?
i too am in the chi-city, might have to stop by and visit... hehehe

I have corrected that listing, No ECU Tuning is required for the pulley. The downtime for the porting is typically 1.5-2 weeks, depending on the day that the blower is sent out and shipping selected.

The correct way to replace the upper pulley is to drain the coolant, remove the coolant crossover and fit the pulley remover tool. Their are other shortcuts a person could take to replace the pulley, but damage could occur if not done properly.

I will have a shop at the end of May in Elgin, IL. Very Happy I will post on my site the info when I have it ready.

Mike 

Post #13803 Mon Feb 20 2006 6:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1