RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > How many miles should a V6 RRS HSE do
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

garythebong

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
How many miles should a V6 RRS HSE do

i have just got my brand new RRS HSE V6 I filled it up for £100 and i drove in and out of rush hour traffic to manchester and back roughly a round trip of 16 miles every day, I only got 320 miles out of a full tank, is this right or is my economy screwed? the car has now done 340 miles from new Living the dream!
Santorini Black RRS HSE V6, hybrid tv, privacy glass, ebony leather with white stitching with leather door cards 20" alloys.

Post #229548 Thu Jul 02 2009 6:57pm
D8 X PB

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Have had my new v6 for 12 days and filled it up like you and i am doing town driving with minimal dual or motorway but have not been heavy with my right foot and i managed 135.1 miles and the gauge is sitting just above the 3/4 mark, and the average fuel is saying 32.1 to be expexted, i am delighted Very Happy .............but we leave to go back home to france on saturday and it is 1200 miles of motorway and peage to our house from scotland. so i will keep you informed of my fuel return Rolling Eyes Stay above ground at all costs

Post #229556 Thu Jul 02 2009 7:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Gary, your car is brand new, don't expect wonders until it has a few miles on it! Also your car needs to do some long drives. The engine needs to bed in a bit and do you drive in commandshift or plain automatic mode?.
D8, you are doing very well! in 2.5 years of owning a TDv6 and with gentle driving to Stirling and home and regular trips to the south coast the best I ever saw was 34mpg on the trip and daily driving with no commuting 26-27mpg. My present TDv8 manages 27-29mpg in day to day driving and up to 32mpg driving with restraint on the motorway 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #229559 Thu Jul 02 2009 8:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
D8 X PB

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

hi tim
now you got me thinking to the trustworthyness of my av fuel computre readout Shocked
still i will let you no the truth when i get home Stay above ground at all costs

Post #229566 Thu Jul 02 2009 9:03pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Trip computers are notoriously optimistic - best thing is to fill the tank either brimmed or to the first time the cut-out on the pump works, write the miles from the odo (not the trip) and and then drive. Next time you fill her up note the pence per litre and the miles on the till receipt and when you get home get your excel spreadsheet or calculator flashed up. I used to religiously keep a spreadsheet on my laptop that synched with a pda, but recently I haven't bothered noting the mpg that way.
I get my best mpg's just after I have filled up at the Shell filling station at Cumbernauld on the eastbound carriageway of the M8/A8 and then there are 4-5 miles of downhill until you have to climb a little - it gets the computer off to a good start and I have seem 55mpg on that wee short run on the TC. I also always reset the MPG readout of the trip computer whenever I fill her up. Last Monday I did Southampton to Stirling on 3/4 tank of diesel - 476 miles, sat at 70-75 on the cruise and with the aircon belting out cold air. Not bad for a 3.6litre twin turbo V8! 31.4mpg was on the TC readout when I re-fuelled at St Ninians in Stirling. I have also found I get 3-4 mpg more if I use branded fuel instead of supermarket diesel and a lot less black smoke when I do put the right foot down 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #229570 Thu Jul 02 2009 9:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

My V6 is now just under a thousand miles on the clock and after the 1st reset on the trip computer I also worked it out by litres added and they were within 0.2 mpg. Since that reset I have had a weekend up north pulling the caravan on A roads, fair amount of town driving, trip to Dunkeld 4 up, and a few short trips at 50-60. Also been some "spirited" driving just getting a "feel" for the overtaking and handling and Im currently showing 24.8mpg. Going to be filling up today for going on hol tomorrow so will work it out properly when I do. On an up note so far its beating my previous xc90 by FIVE mpg for the same kind of use!!!!! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #229586 Fri Jul 03 2009 9:25am
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

I've checked mine on the AI run home to Scotland 4 times now. Seems to be about 35 ish avarage at a relaxed 65/70 on the cruise control. Verified by necking the tank at both ends of the 367ml run.
I'm very happy with it. Rolling with laughter

Post #229957 Tue Jul 07 2009 5:01pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Well im just back from 2 weeks touring with mine. just under 2000 miles for the fortnight so the official figures for mine are, Towing the "pikey wagon" (keeping Tim happy lol) from Aberdeen down to Sandringham over the A66 and then the A1-A17 Average 22.5. Filled up for a trip to France and going down the A roads through Norfolk and Cambs to the M11 36.2 mpg (computer said 37) Motorway from Cambs to Dover 34.6 (comp 35.1).
Average for rest of hol which was run back to Sandrngham from france solo, towing van to Leek, couple of solo runs out on A roads, pulling van up to south LAkes then runs around solo and the final run home to Aberdeen towing the van averaged 24.5 mpg on comp so would reckon about 24 real world. Overall im chuffed to bits with it at those figures especially the 36.2 figure at 55-65!! Also it out pulls my old 5 series and the XC90 on EVERY hill on the run home from the Lakes to Aberdeen. Crooklands in top. Shap in top. Cairnies south of Perth 5th! Chuffed to bits with it both as a day to day car and tow car. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #231201 Sun Jul 19 2009 11:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1