RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Armrest Cooler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Michael997

United Kingdom 
Armrest Cooler

Has anyone had a armrest cooler retro fitted to their car? when I bought my car it was in stock so I could not add many options but I did add a armrest cooler and paid for it, when I picked up the car I was told the cooler had not arrived so it would be fitted at a later date, now I am being told they made a mistake and it cannot be retro fitted by the dealer. Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #13563 Fri Feb 17 2006 6:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

There is no official procedure to retrofit a factory option like that, so some service departments may refuse to do something "unsupported." I'm sure it's possible, but it may be painful. There are two different spare part numbers for the cooler part... one for vehicles with PTI, one for without.

Post #13565 Fri Feb 17 2006 6:50pm
byron

Greece 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Well, here in Greece the LR distributor only imports fully loaded S/Cs and the only extras are the cooler and the rear lock dif.I added the rear lock dif and when I started thinking bout whether I should put the cooler as well the sales rep who was all over professional advised me to think about it and retrofit it in the future as he said it is absolutely possible. RRS S/C,Bonatti Grey,Ebony Interior,Lined Oak Finish, Rear Lock Dif, DVD,Sunroof,ACC

Post #13606 Sat Feb 18 2006 1:21am
antics22

United States 

to be quite honest, I dont make use of my cooler at all... to me, it seems more of a gimmick because most drinks that I am drinking at the time will stay cool in the duration it takes me to drink it... If I try to store any drinks in the cooler, I can only fit about 2 12oz cans in there and if I try water bottles, they wont even fit unless I remove the tray...

I say save your money, and get some roof racks instead, or something functional for the RRS like a trunk liner...

Post #13616 Sat Feb 18 2006 8:04am
ST

I wouldn't bother with the cooler......the bin is a great place to store all of your crap!!! Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #14551 Sat Feb 25 2006 8:17am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

The cooler is a simple retro fit item. It is only a plug in accesory and the plug is already on the harness under the cubby box.

I don't understand why your dealer won't do it.

Post #14565 Sat Feb 25 2006 11:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1