RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > OffRoaded Sport!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
OffRoaded Sport!

I was at a Rover Rally this weekend and Land Rovers featured very heavily.
Needless to say there were not many RR Sports there, in just one, mine. Also one L322 V8 Vogue on an 02 plate, 1 P38a, an a whole load of Classics.
The Freelander owners were particularly well represented and the Freelander Club set up a brilliant softroad course (there was also a very difficult offroad course to satisfy the Defender owners!)............... The soft road course was tooo much of a temptation though, and despite warm and dry weather there was one muddy patch to drive through. Didin't do my points in the concourse any good though! I ended up be a mobile offroad demo car taking 3 passngers at a time round the course.
Learned something about HDC that is new................... if you engage HDC and switch on the cruise power on the steering wheel you can vary the speed of progress downhill using the +/- switch of the cruisecontrol to increase/ decrease your speed downhill. I also found that Terrain Responce is not that great on it's Grass, Snow, mud setting in that it switches on the HDC that may not be required. With Terrain Responce on you can override HDC by pressing the Yellow button, saving your brake pads from accellerated wear! I also omitted to re-engage it going down a very steep quarry face......... I can confirm that 1st gear Low Box works very well at slowing the car too.
So here is a slightly muddy very dusty Giverby Green RR Sport!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Jul 04 2005 9:30am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #780 Mon Jul 04 2005 8:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cedric

United Kingdom 

That must be the first privately owned RR Sport I have seen that has got dirty!

You ought to get a commission from LR for the amount of positive advertising you are giving.

Post #781 Mon Jul 04 2005 8:46am
Tim in Scotland

Cedric, I am a firm believer that all Land Rovers should be used for the purpose for which there were built ..................... why by an offroad vehicle if you are not going to use it offroad, even once in your ownership of it. I have a Defender for really serious offroading.

Post #783 Mon Jul 04 2005 9:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

And Cedric here is the 2nd one that has admitted to going offroad!
http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12985#1298
Scroll down to LaBigDogs posting.

Post #888 Sat Jul 09 2005 4:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1