RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > London Bombs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
London Bombs

Hope that all you folks down there who post on this site and work in the City and/ or use the tube for getting to work are safe and OK.

Post #859 Thu Jul 07 2005 10:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Please accept my sympathies too.
Where I come from, politics aside, we consider this a dastardly and despicable act. Whatever the reasons - we cannot condone this. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #861 Fri Jul 08 2005 12:41am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Hope all are safe too. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #862 Fri Jul 08 2005 1:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cedric

United Kingdom 

Not a lot of fun here, I work in Fenchurch Street, very crowded with everyone trying to get home last night.
Amazing how seems to be just as normal this morning, except only about half the people coming in.
Lets hope that whoever did this thinks they have achieved whatever they were after and thats the end - though what they have achieved completely mistifies me.

Post #863 Fri Jul 08 2005 8:34am
MDP

United Kingdom 

This sort of terrorism has never achieved anything ,anywhere.....period!  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #864 Fri Jul 08 2005 9:16am
Tim in Scotland

G8 Protesters

Ha - Eco friendly my a*se...................
If something good has come out of the awful situation in London it is that the anti-global, anarchist and eco whatevers camping up near here have been so eclipsed in the media that many of them have packed up and gone home!
It interesting to see the absolute squalor and disgusting state they have left behind them - they have just dumped their garbage (plastic bags and PEL bottles) for somebody else to pick up, it isn't even put in the various skips that are segregated for glass, compostables, plastics and mixed waste it is just thrown down and where it lands it has stayed. The camping ground they were allowed to use has been declared a "brown" field site. I'll give you one guess what they have done with human waste............ and they claim to be educated and civilised people.
Also interesting when I drove passed their camp this morning was to see the "Eco" friendly transport they are using.................. not one Toyota Prius or Lexus R300h, no Sinclair C5's and no Honda Insights in sight! A few fit and hardy sorts on push bikes with trailers behind them, a few motor bikes and lots of hitchhikers, looking for a lift in somebody else's car that they have branded a gasguzzler no doubt, to salve their conscience (so they can brag to their compatriots that they managed to get there and back at no cost!)! But also loads of ancient coaches and vans belching out diesel fumes because these folks don't maintian their trucks properly. They are an eco-joke!

They get absolutely no sympathy or support from me, not that they got much in the first place. They make me FUME with anger at their lack of thought for the locals who want nothing whatsoever to do with their protest.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Jul 08 2005 1:19pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #865 Fri Jul 08 2005 12:26pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I totally agree Tim,. they are all hypocrits and nothing but a drain on society.

Not enough discipline at school or from their Parents! 

Post #866 Fri Jul 08 2005 1:06pm
Tim in Scotland

MDP wrote:
I totally agree Tim,. they are all hypocrits and nothing but a drain on society.Not enough discipline at school or from their Parents!

Some of them look old enough to be my parents........ and I'm 48! Maybe it's just that they look that old because they new a hosing down and scrubbing (preferably with a wire brush so it hurts!)

Also interesting is to see how the high, mighty and powerful travel............ we are right under the flight path that they are using between Prestwick Airport and Gleneagles (and it hasn't changed for 5 days either!), for stream of Chinook Helicopters, certainly a two finger salute to the eco-warriors that one! Also now it is all over bar the decleration, I can say this................ If I were President whoever there is no way you would get me flying in a Chinook, a) they have a tendancy to fall out of the sky, b) they are incredibly slow so any old terrorist with a missle hidden in the back of a Transit van could take a potshot and c)they are so noisey (and in convoys of 3 or 4 at a time they even make the house shake) that we get about 5 minutes advance warning that they are about to fly over d)They are giving the passengers a go look at the local countryside.............. flying at about 100ft, so they are really sitting ducks!

Post #867 Fri Jul 08 2005 1:31pm
Cedric

United Kingdom 

Tim
I am very keen on safe guarding the environment, having worked as a volunteer with a lot with conservation organisations in the past and even planted my own 9 acre hardwood area (which I unfortunately no longer own).
I thus find it particularly upsetting that extremist groups such as you describe should be doing nearly as much to damage any good that might come from the conference as the bombers are doing their cause. I doubt if any are really that interested in what cause they are supporting, otherwise they would do something positive, they are just interested in the protesting.

What is encouraging is when companies such as Land rover sponsor Born Free etc and actually probably encourages me to buy their products.

Post #868 Fri Jul 08 2005 1:39pm
Tim in Scotland

Cedric, these numpties have even been pulling up the deciduous trees planted all round Stirling by school kids and the council last year, to burn and use as missles..........................
I think most of them are about as much ecowarriors as I am, they are there just to trash the place in the name of "having some fun" to quote one interviewed recently in the local paper, they are not interested in protesting about Globalisation and protecting the environment, they are out to cause havoc.

Post #869 Fri Jul 08 2005 1:53pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

There are an awfull lot of people out there who work very hard towards protecting our enviroment & society in general have taken to stepping up their efforts.

These people though ......... Evil or Very Mad ............ are just .. Exclamation 

Post #870 Fri Jul 08 2005 2:14pm
Bobby

Cedric wrote:
Not a lot of fun here, I work in Fenchurch Street, very crowded with everyone trying to get home last night.
Amazing how seems to be just as normal this morning, except only about half the people coming in.
Lets hope that whoever did this thinks they have achieved whatever they were after and thats the end - though what they have achieved completely mistifies me.

Cedric,

I'm with you. Lets hope they've achieved whatever and will now leave the good people of London alone.
Local speculation here is somewhat different from the Western way of thinking and this explanation might, just might de-mystify you.

People living in Iraq and Afganistan do not have good television or press coverage. The rest of the world (read Western World) is not interested to know how a local commoner there feels. So, enter these groups of people.They say you will not watch what is going on in their country so you will never appreciate their suffering.

Now they bring the suffering to the Western World. All the TV people are suddenly there - the whole world watches. Now the people of London will feel what the innocent people of Iraq and Afganistan felt on the many nights and days during the 'coalition air attacks'. All the commentaries we hear and read now are exactly what the people of Iraq and Afganistan have been saying these past years.

So many innocent people died - Osama is still elusive and the WMD in Iraq ..... .

Rightly or wrongly, maybe this explanation helps ...? Malaysia Boleh!

Last edited by Bobby on Sat Jul 09 2005 11:23am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #875 Sat Jul 09 2005 5:16am
Bobby

MDP wrote:
This sort of terrorism has never achieved anything ,anywhere.....period!

Agree - 110%!!!
Look at Iraq and Afganistan today!!
All the terror these couple of years never achieved anything .....! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #876 Sat Jul 09 2005 5:22am
Bobby

Understand that one suspect is caught and its only a matter of time the rest are caught too. Hopefully all the rascals (what I would like to call them, unfortunately, cannot be printed here) will be behind bars soon and things will return to normal in London. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #952 Wed Jul 13 2005 10:43am
MDP

United Kingdom 

As we speak...... the web is closing in Very Happy 

Post #955 Wed Jul 13 2005 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>