RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Side step TRIM!?!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DJH

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Side step TRIM!?!?

Having recently noticed that the brushed chrome/ aluminium trim is "missing" from round the edge of my nearside side step and seeing that it seems to just clip or bolt on to the step itself, I took a trip to the parts dept of the local stealer (who was as helpful and customer freindly as usual Wink Censored ). They tell me this trim is not available as a seperate item and its time for a new step at about £200+vat+fitting. Having then searched fleabay and trawled the net for Land Rover breakers, I can't find a step that is is in good enough nick (or much cheaper than a new one to make it worth while). So, reluctantly, I place the order with the helpful gentleman at in the parts dept ( Whistle !) who rings me a couple of days later to say Land Rover have no stock and have no ETA either!
Anyone got any suggestions ( Embarassed prehaps should word that differenltly!)?
Incendently, a couple of the breakers I spoke to reckon that this is a common thing to go "missing" as some not so honest RRS drivers knock theirs off and go out looking for others to half inch! Not sure I believe this but mine definatly wasn't loose and certainly hasn't been knocked. So, has anyone else here had this experience?

Post #227538 Mon Jun 08 2009 10:35am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You could try contacting forum sponsor Duckworth Parts to see if they can confirm/source the part you need?

Details on the Sponsors Page Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #227539 Mon Jun 08 2009 10:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1