Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > A word of warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
A word of warning

Hi.

Not sure if this is in the right place but here goes. Last October I purchased a new 58 plate Volvo XC90 SE from Doves Volvo in Croydon. It was bought as an MY09 model but turned out to be an MY 08 on delivery. I found out cos the reg doc arrived before the car by an hour. Since it was delivered it has been a complete nightmare. Gearbox problems, fuel problems, electrical problems etc etc. You name it and it has probably gone wrong in it!! Been trying to get a rejection on the car since Feb when after 7 calls from me and 2 from VCUK customer service I finally spoke to the sales manager who proceeded to offer me 22000 for the car "in current market condition". Later on in the arguments it transpired that the car had actually been delivered to Doves horsham on the 27th March 2008. It had been lying for nearly 7 months before it was sold to me as "new into stock at a big discount". The car was off the road for nearly 5 weeks over the Easter period and beyond not to mention the other days here and there. At one point I was in the garage 4 times in 11 days with it. Such was the state of the car I reported it to VOSA!!!! They advised me to stop driving it for insurance purposes. That was another 3 weeks off the road waiting for a loan car from VCUK to arrive. The full story can be seen at... http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=67315

Funnily enough though they have now upped the buy back offer to 27250. Still WAAAY less than I paid for a substandard vehicle.

I know that Doves trade under Invicta Motors, Cambria Motors, Grange Motors and Motorparks and that they also have LAnd Rover, Jaguar and Aston Martin franchises in the group and wanted to warn anyone thinking of buying there to BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT THEY ARE ORDERING AND GETTING.

I'd hate for anyone to have to go through the same palaver and expense of solicitors fees etc that Ive had trying to get a decent car.

Be careful buying.

Cheers

4WD Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #227037 Sat May 30 2009 2:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1