RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Some q's froma potential owner in Perth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bennyboy

Australia 
Some q's froma potential owner in Perth

Hi all, my name is Ben and I'm currently considering purchasing a RRS TDV8. I've been reading this forum and to be honest have been a bit concerned by some of the threads, mostly the suspension knocking threads and LR's apparent lack of customer service. (this has even got me to rethinking about maybe a Cruiser Sahara!! Confused )

Just wanted to get the opinions of Aussie owners whether they have had these issues and whether they would rebuy a RRS or if the problems were too frequent.

Also, we only have two LR dealers in Perth, unfortunately owned by the same people. Does anyone have any feedback on their service levels? I'm particularly interested in servicing and if people have found that they are good at fixing problems or just generally helpful or maybe not so helpful?

Anyhow, great site and thanks for reading my post.

Regards,
Ben.

Post #226404 Fri May 22 2009 11:33am
tastech

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
Re: Some q's froma potential owner in Perth

bennyboy wrote:
Hi all, my name is Ben and I'm currently considering purchasing a RRS TDV8. I've been reading this forum and to be honest have been a bit concerned by some of the threads, mostly the suspension knocking threads and LR's apparent lack of customer service. (this has even got me to rethinking about maybe a Cruiser Sahara!! Confused )

Just wanted to get the opinions of Aussie owners whether they have had these issues and whether they would rebuy a RRS or if the problems were too frequent.

Also, we only have two LR dealers in Perth, unfortunately owned by the same people. Does anyone have any feedback on their service levels? I'm particularly interested in servicing and if people have found that they are good at fixing problems or just generally helpful or maybe not so helpful?

Anyhow, great site and thanks for reading my post.

Regards,
Ben.

Ben
Did you watch the Top Gear Australia Episode when they reviewed the Lexus and FFRR, they lexus has really bad sealing and let dust enter the cabin....

I have a tdv6, have had some minor issues. BUt not the knocking suspensiion, but thats likely because i dont have dynamic response... Toyota Corolla...Sad((((
formerly: RRS TdV6 Rimini Red, Alapaca, Sat Nav, Prem Ice, Hybrid TV, Cooler, FPS, Tow pack, roof mounted lighthouse

Post #226408 Fri May 22 2009 12:46pm
bennyboy

Australia 

Yes, I did see that episode, I've been looking into the Cruiser though which by all reports doesn't have this problem to the extent that the Lexus has. Regardless, not sure what I would rather, dust in the cabin or knocking suspension and brand resistant to helping customers sort out issues?

My heart still says RR, but I'm still slightly concerned about spending $130k on a potential disaster.

Has anyone here had experiences with the LR dealers in Perth?

Post #226542 Sun May 24 2009 5:31am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ben - out of interest are there similar websites for the other vehicles you are looking at? My experience of forums such as these is that they are mainly used to post up issues that owners have and are looking for help resolving or just knowing whether they are common problems or not.

I read all the same comments as you and still went out and bought a TDV8. It did have the knocking noises but when I heard them I was happy that I knew immediately what they were and they have been resolved by the main dealer very quickly by fitting new anti-roll bushes.

It's still a great vehicle.

Post #226543 Sun May 24 2009 5:47am
BKHK

Australia 

Benny

I don't know anything about the dealers in Perth. Mine here in Melbourne has been great.

The decision is simple. If you want to make a purely clinical headspace decision and drive an LC200 like everyone else seems to in Perth (The Holden Commodore of 4WDs) then go for it. I have had 2 LCs, they are quite reliable and quite tough......but but I treated them like appliances, useful but with no emotion as they have no character.

If you want to drive a vehicle with some class, great styling (its a lot smaller than an LC200 by the way so I can't quite see the direct comparison) and accept the odd possible issue (it maybe trouble free of course) then get an RRS.

It comes down to how you make your decision. Would I buy another RRS, yes. Would I buy another LC, no, never, because they are boring. I don't mean that horribly, they just don't have any soul.

Post #226544 Sun May 24 2009 8:26am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi Ben, I purchased my TDV6 from the afore mentioned dealer in Osborne Park in 2006 and my experience has been all good. The sales and service have been exceptional. I have had the car for 3 years now and it has been absolutely fantastic. I do have dynamic response and haven't any issues. The services can be expensive but the service is very good and I haven't had any issue with the quality of service. It is prompt and personal.

I have had a couple of mates that have also brought Sports but have purchased from over East and saved themselves a bit of money. That's the problem with WA there is a limited choice of dealers for LR, but that is the same for alot of other brands as well with the exception of the common old Toyota.

Before buying the RRS I drove everything from a LC to Merc ML to a Q7 and I still smile everytime I hop into my Sport to drive. Whether driving down south or down to the shop it is an absolute pleasure. It is just so smooth and classy. Very Happy

As BKHK says if you want reliable, tough but drab and boring then the LC it is. Sheep But if you want style, great looks, class and reliable, in my opinion you can't go past a Range Rover Sport. Thumbs Up

I have a second set of wheels and have done a fair bit of 4WD'ing down around Balingyup and on the coast and haven't found a place I haven't been able to get to yet. The car hasn't missed a beat in 3 years.

Only my two bob's worth but it is easily the best car I have ever had.

Cheers.....Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #226546 Sun May 24 2009 10:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bennyboy

Australia 

Thanks for the responses gents. Compuway, good to hear about your experiences regarding the service level at Ozzie Park, I'm assuming the Cannington would be the same as they're owned by Barbagello. I think I'm now set on the RRS, the only question now becomes whether to wait for the 2010, or try and score a bargain with the 2009?

Tough choice! Laughing

Post #227099 Mon Jun 01 2009 2:07pm
BKHK

Australia 

Bennyboy

The end of the tax year and the Government's tax rebates on capital equipment purchases mean that a real deal could be difficult to achieve right now. You will be waiting a while if you want an MY10 here is Oz. I would see what you can do on an MY09.

Post #227101 Mon Jun 01 2009 2:28pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Bennyboy,

the population of my country is bigger that the whole of Australia's (forget Perth!) and we have only one (1) dealer! Wink
... and only one (1) proper workshop!! Laughing

good service, though and no complaints!!! Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #227123 Mon Jun 01 2009 11:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1