Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > Wanted RRS 4.2 S/C HST
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

p1 dave

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Wanted RRS 4.2 S/C HST

Hi All

I am test driving my first RRS tomorrow, a HST 4.2 S/C - which the dealer is informing me is as rare as hens teeth... (dont they always....). Is this really the case?

I was wondering if there is anyone selling (or thinking of) their pride and joy either now or in the near future. I run a owners site for a limited edition Impreza (P1) so appreciate that there is a much better class of people and vehicle at an owners site like this (especially when compared to a garage...) so thought I would have a look here as well. I got to early Feb this year but didnt really find anything.

Any help or info would be fantastic
Dave

Post #224155 Sun May 03 2009 10:25pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Factory built 4.2 SC's are rare..................however..................

........every T, D and H are now buying kits of Fleabay and such like and fitting them to anything from an S to HSE models.........LR were not helping the cause by offering a "Stormer" version of the TDV6 that just so happened to have the HST kit bonded to it Big Cry Big Cry

Once the most hated model of the range, it has grown and grown in popularity in more recent months........although saying that, some dinosaurs still prefer the more feminine look of the standard model Whistle ..........so many comments, so little time Whistle

Immitation is the best form of flattery I guess Rolling Eyes

If its the genuine article, buy it. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #224282 Tue May 05 2009 12:44pm
p1 dave

Will

Thank you so much for replying. I couldnt drive the car I am after yesterday as it was a pig for them to get out of the showroom, so we went out in a tattier 4.2 SC Overfinch. All I can say is my god I couldnt believe the pick up, I am used to a 350bhp 1 tonne Impreza and a Focus ST3 and was really impressed with how the RRS drove and picked up speed. Even the girlfriend was able to drive it and was happy with it, unfortunately we only got about a mile each in the car which I dont think was enough for me to make a real decision but I drove away thinking about the how not the why of getting the HST....

I need to look at specs a lot more cause I went to Lookers straight after to see what they had and was told that the HST just has a different grill and side grills to the HSE, is this correct? Funnily enough they only have HSE's to sell....

I've done some searchs on the internet, saw the log book and everything points to it being a real HST so I am happy with that and it did seem pretty good other than higher mileage than I would really want, 2 years old and 41k miles... It also was the colour combination that I have to have....

So many boxes ticked, if they are rare will I ever find one that ticks them all?

Post #224304 Tue May 05 2009 2:30pm
Rocar Moores

United Kingdom 

p1 dave,
Is it a new or a used one you are after? I may be able to help.

Very Happy

Post #224309 Tue May 05 2009 3:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

just a thought

The RRS S/C Overfinch may have had a remap, so may not be a direct comparison to a standard one Idea

Drove past Rocars Moores yesterday, but the wife wouldn't let me call in Sad

Post #224318 Tue May 05 2009 4:35pm
Rocar Moores

United Kingdom 

Shame.....Will she let you pop in when e model year 10's arrive?

Question

Post #224320 Tue May 05 2009 4:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
p1 dave

NPinks - good point and I didnt think of that at all.... Pity the Overfinch smelt like an ashtray and looked like it had been very poorly treated on the inside - on the outside it was spot on!

Rocar, I would say it is used really, I have seen some deals for new ones that might be achievable for me but at full list price it is hard to justify to the Mrs but with saying that we were also talking about a holiday at the weekend she has just spent 2k on a week in Dubai - if that is ok then I should be able to do what I want..... ideal spec would start with Java Black with black leather. If the HSE is just a couple of grills then I think I would be open to the thought of one with the right options....

Post #224324 Tue May 05 2009 5:03pm
Rocar Moores

United Kingdom 

Typical, I have blue and silver! Crying or Very sad

Let me have a look for some others and I will get back to you.
Very Happy

Post #224325 Tue May 05 2009 5:06pm
p1 dave

Well the g/friend likes silver and maybe she is right that Black is a bit gangstar (I still love it thou.....) do you have a link to them?

Post #224331 Tue May 05 2009 5:41pm
Rocar Moores

United Kingdom 
RRS S/C

The blue one has gone!

To look at the silver one go to 'www.perrys.co.uk' if you then use the used car search facility and look for a Range Rover Sport, then select 'petrol' on the advanced option tab it will bring up the car. Ignore the price, if you are interested I can improve on it for you.

Very Happy

Post #224401 Wed May 06 2009 9:05am
p1 dave

Ahh I thought I was getting hot off the press news about the Blue one cause I couldnt see it on the website. I almost felt honoured Embarassed Laughing I will keep any eye out on your website and see if anything takes my fancy. Many thanks for your time and help

Post #224405 Wed May 06 2009 9:18am
Rocar Moores

United Kingdom 
RRS S/C

I might have something else the back end of this week, I will give you details before it gets as far as the website.
Very Happy

Post #224407 Wed May 06 2009 9:24am
Bodster2

Portugal 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Lucerne Green

Hi Dave,

I'm pretty sure the SC HST is the same spec as a standard SC but with the HST kit added to it (Front grill, Painted side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper, rectangle exhausts and rear spoiler). Don't think there is even an HST badge to distinguish it from a standard car with a kit on. 2008 RRS Supercharged
Lucerne Green, HST Kit, 23" Rinspeed Alloys, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.

Post #224430 Wed May 06 2009 11:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1