Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > WET CARPETS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

wullie

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
WET CARPETS

Hi Guy's
I was hovering the car out today and noticed that the front n/s carpet was wet, the rest of the carpet areas are fine, seems to be only the n/s front. I lifted the front carpet up the best I could only to fined the foam-sponge material soaking wet. The car does have a sunroof. Any ideas where the water may be coming in.
Has anyone had this problem before 2006 HSE ?? Sad

Cheers Wullie

Post #222305 Tue Apr 14 2009 6:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Have you had a windscreen replaced? If so they damaged the filter box when replacing the screen. If no windscreen replaced it will possibly be a drainage hose that has come detached under the glove box. Do a search and there is plenty of info on this. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #222306 Tue Apr 14 2009 6:43pm
dadanek

Czech Republic 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

We have that problem in our 2 cars... in Volvo cabrio, and in XK - in both cases it was caused by the broken tube from some air condition... dont know exactly what. But it is on 90% connected with air condition.

Well, in jag X-type I have also wet carpet, when I drive through big slop Laughing RANGE ROVER, MORE THAN A CAR, LESS THAN A KITKAT

Post #222308 Tue Apr 14 2009 6:46pm
wullie

Thanks Guy's that was very helpfull Very Happy I have printed out the SB's and now I know where to start, I will check it out and let you know what I find. I have only had the car for 2-3 weeks windscreen looks original.

PS, are workshop manuals available on CD or book form yet for these cars

Cheers Wullie.[/b]

Post #222313 Tue Apr 14 2009 7:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jonny Fresh

England 

weak bladder?

Post #222340 Tue Apr 14 2009 9:01pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Also check NSF A pillar external trim w or w/o wndscreen change if it is loose this could cause ingress - Bobby will turn up soon with SB detailing the washers that were changed to improve water tightness

Post #222355 Tue Apr 14 2009 10:32pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

MAW wrote:
Also check NSF A pillar external trim w or w/o wndscreen change if it is loose this could cause ingress - Bobby will turn up soon with SB detailing the washers that were changed to improve water tightness

What? You mean this...?

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...illar2.pdf Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #222358 Tue Apr 14 2009 11:58pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #222387 Wed Apr 15 2009 8:28am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

That's the one Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #222397 Wed Apr 15 2009 9:33am
wullie

Hi Guy's
First of all Jonny F, ma bladders fine nae leaks and it wont stretch to the n/s floor area. Laughing thats the wifes seat Rolling with laughter Thanks again for the info I have printed the pic's of the outer pillar moulding and will check this as well. Today after reading the first SB from L/Rover I done the water check on the sun roof, I opened the sunroof poored water down the drain holes as described in the SB, then checked for water coming from all the drain holes, water came out from the rear drains at the rear bumper and also from the o/s front but no water from the n/s drain, I poured more water down the n/s drain hole on the sunroof but still no water drains onto the ground (carpet will be even more wet now) Im sure this is where my leaks coming from. I will investigate more tomorrow and keep you informed.
I also fitted a new pollen filter today and it was dry so no water coming in through there.

Cheers
Wullie

Post #222523 Wed Apr 15 2009 9:22pm
wullie

I think am gonna need help from you guy's, after further investigation I have found the drain tube that runs down the n/s 'A' post. it must exit out behind the fuse box and come out the lower bulkhead behind the plastic wheel arch cover. When testing with water on the sunroof the water runs down all the wiring behind the fuse box and below the carpet. The thing is I can just only touch the tube with my fingers, I cant see where it goes or even feel where it should go. Looks like I might have to strip out the lower half of the dash/glove box and maybe the fuse box. any ideas would be much appreciated,
The technicl bulletin refers you to GTR workshop manual 86.70.56 and to remove the CJB (central junction box) to gain access to the roof opening panel drain tube. can anyone help with this part of the manual PLEASE Bow down .

Cheers
Wullie

Post #222757 Fri Apr 17 2009 7:03pm
wullie

re routed drain tube

Thats it sorted Guy's
It was the n/s sunroof tube that was disconnected and p Censored ing water all over my electrics and carpet.
I removed the n/s 'A' post inner trim that covers the air bag, that let me into the drain tube, I pulled it up from behind the fuse box, I then removed a plastic plug from behind the outer air scoop, extended the tube so that it would reach out the hole where I previously removed the plug, fitted a grommet with some silicon just in case and bingo works great. No more water leak. Why Landrover has to make things so hard beats me.
Thaks for all your suggestions and help

cheers
Wullie Cool

Post #223313 Thu Apr 23 2009 9:14pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Well done Wullie and thanks for the update Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #223336 Fri Apr 24 2009 8:53am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Glad it worked out well for you and thanks for posting the update. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #223346 Fri Apr 24 2009 10:48am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I think this has happened to me today Sad

Finally the snow has started to melt so i gave the RRS a quick jet wash (on a lower pressure) just to get the road salt off etc. I washed the wheel arches whilst i was on washing also.

I went into the NSF (passenger side) and the carpet was soaking wet as if id poured a bucket of water onto it, i could wring out the carpet mat. I pulled the trim up to reveal the edge of the carpet and found that the channel that the electrical wiring runs along was full and overflowing with water. It has seeped through the whole footwell in the NSF and started to seep into the NSR.

I got a trigger spray nozzle and spent over 2 hours sucking water out of the channel under the sill trim and it was relentless, i thought it was never going to end.

Anyway, i m now unsure if a) i have a loose A pillar external trim, b) a disconnected drain tube behind the A pillar, c) i have a disconnected air con pipe or d) i have jet washed up inside the wheel arch and managed to get water into the cabin that way.

I have read a few threads about the first 2, can anyone help me a bit more with the diagnosis and repair if it was one of these please?.

Will the wiring under there be damaged as a result of this water or will it be ok if i get most out manually (i think i have) then spend all day tomorrow with my missus hair dryer on the whole area?

I wary of pouring more water down it TBH.

Any help most appreciated.

Carl

Post #284389 Thu Dec 30 2010 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>