MrHWed Mar 18 2009 8:39am
kljwFri Apr 17 2009 3:08pm
4wheeldriverSun May 17 2009 5:13pm4wheeldriver is confirmed
MaverickThu Jul 16 2009 9:40pmMaverick is confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

Maverick

Scotland 

Looks like I'll be meeting up with you lot at Stirling Services, not much interest from Northern peeps for a drive to Loch Tay. Have emailed 4wdr regarding this plan, I'll keep you posted with the outcome! Thumbs Up

Maverick Maverick off disco3!
Drives white 1996 Defender 90 300TDi

R.I.P. Smudge! 24.10.08
R.I.P Hesko! 29.4.09

Post #231475 Tue Jul 21 2009 8:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Everybody who is signed up here and on Disco3 should have received a PM from me today (Sunday) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #231882 Sun Jul 26 2009 6:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Roadworks ooop North (the really oop North)

For those joining us from the NE and returning there, 4WDriver has advised that there were 3 mile long tailbacks at Bankfoot, between Dunkeld and Luncarty, on the A9 today. With the 'vanner's and those who cannot drive at more/less than 40 regardless of the speed limit out in force at the moment you may want to divert through Dunkeld/Capeth/Stanley and rejoin the A9 just north of Perth at Luncarty 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #231945 Mon Jul 27 2009 2:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Maverick

Scotland 

Got home about 40 minutes ago! What a cracking day out, and good to finally add some faces to names! Thumbs Up What an awesome route Tim, some absolutely spectacular scenery, smae I didn't take any photos, but was a bit busy driving! Laughing

Had a rather interesting drive how, got some major brake fade, pedal pretty much travels to the floor before I got any brakes! Shocked Maverick off disco3!
Drives white 1996 Defender 90 300TDi

R.I.P. Smudge! 24.10.08
R.I.P Hesko! 29.4.09

Post #232463 Sun Aug 02 2009 8:51pm
Tim in Scotland

Glad you made back in one piece without a tow truck Mav. Good to meet you and the others. Like you I took no photos due to driving but Wolfgang and Angelika have loads between them so I will scrounge a few from their collection.

We all enjoyed the day and Wolfgang and Angelika have asked me to say thank you to all for making them feel so welcome - they have never been in a Land Rover before, let alone seen then play offroad (even if it was tame offroading.

I will be adding JMC's side trip to the Loch Turret dam to the route plan for next time, have also a couple of other single tracks up my sleeve as well, but would prefer to drive them in the Defender before running the Sport over them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #232464 Sun Aug 02 2009 9:43pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Just to add my thanks to Tim for his organisation of a first class day out for all!! Really enjoyed it!! HAve never been on some of those back roads and tracks before so was some excellent views. Tim. I have the video of you "offroading" the RRS if you want to donate to the site to prevent publication........... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #232494 Mon Aug 03 2009 10:29am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Should we start a bidding war???? Whistle Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #232532 Mon Aug 03 2009 5:22pm
4wheeldriver

Looking for bids to publish from other members and see if Tim can beat it for NON publication!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #232534 Mon Aug 03 2009 5:30pm
Tim in Scotland

Publish it 4wdr!
I have no worries at all about taking my RRS offroad, that little slope was a gentle run compared to what I do in the 90. My last RRS went off the tar regularly and my FFRR only lasted 3 weeks before it went off into the forests and got all muddy, the TDv8 has resisted for 1year 22months!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #232543 Mon Aug 03 2009 8:22pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Publish it 4wdr!
I have no worries at all about taking my RRS offroad, that little slope was a gentle run compared to what I do in the 90. My last RRS went off the tar regularly and my FFRR only lasted 3 weeks before it went off into the forests and got all muddy, the TDv8 has resisted for 1year 22months!!

Thats pretty old for a TDV8 Tim Wink
Anyway, RRS are great offroad, don't listen to JMC Whistle Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #232549 Mon Aug 03 2009 8:50pm
Tim in Scotland

I have experience of both RRS (My TDV6), FFRR offroad and Def90............................ I know which one I prefer to smash up and bash. Whistle

Some more photos of the run on Sunday thanks to Wolfgang and Angelika who were travelling with me

The RRSport Contingent

Some of the rest

A handsome local on the road to Loch Turret

A lovely sunny day on the road from Amurlee to Kenmore - view over Loch Fruchie

Loch Tay from the Tay Bridge at Kenmore

Hey look out there on the loch folks, one of the group is in the water swimming

Our group's very happy swimmer

3 locals on the road from Ben Lawers Visitor Centre to Bridge of Balgie and the 6 raindrops of the day!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Aug 04 2009 8:00am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #232552 Mon Aug 03 2009 9:16pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

What's that blue stuff in the sky? Haven't seen that in a long time Shocked

Great pics Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #232562 Tue Aug 04 2009 7:02am
Tim in Scotland

We've been hogging it up here for the last few months........................... but don't tell anybody as we have enough grocks on the roads as it is and if the word gets out we'll be getting the likes of VA venturing north of Luton for the first time in their life and getting lost.
The sun might have been shining but it hasn't always been warm and there was a strong breeze at the weekend.

Seriously we have had a lovely summer this year, even though we have had quite a few rain showers, they have managed to stay hidden until after dark for the most part, although yesterday was a let down! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #232569 Tue Aug 04 2009 7:58am
4wheeldriver

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Publish it 4wdr!
I have no worries at all about taking my RRS offroad, that little slope was a gentle run compared to what I do in the 90. My last RRS went off the tar regularly and my FFRR only lasted 3 weeks before it went off into the forests and got all muddy, the TDv8 has resisted for 1year 22months!!

And here was me hoping to raise some funds for the site too................. Big Cry Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #232592 Tue Aug 04 2009 11:10am
Tim in Scotland

I attempted a winter run over the route this afternoon - it wasn't a dismal failure and I'm sure with an earlier start and some more cars it would have been a great day out, especially driving the virgin snow on the high section of the Amulree to Kenmore road.........................

The main roads were all clear bur on the A822 through the Sma Glen the track was down to one car width BUT the snow was thawing/ melting quite quickly.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Going up to Loch Turret

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Th locals out demonstrating about all the Land Rovers on the track............. I waited 15 minutes for them to stop their protest before turning round and heading toward the Sma Glen. Driving back down I stopped to chat with a family trying out their new D4's abilities, I wonder if they made it beyond the locals protesting!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

As I found they really do mean it too!

Click image to enlarge

Normally you can see the track winding up the side of the far away mountainside, not at the moment
Click image to enlarge

I decided that as I was by myself and it was a bit late in the afternoon to risk trying a crossing to Kenmore I turned round and very nearly got stuck when I dropped a rear wheel into a snowed over ditch.............. GGS, Ice and Snow Tyres, DSC off andf plenty of steering wheel twirling saved the day!

Click image to enlarge

On the way back to Amulree.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jan 10 2010 6:42pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #248870 Sun Jan 10 2010 5:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>