RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Minor fixes under warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Minor fixes under warranty

Our car goes into the dealership tomorrow for two days to have a list of problems sorted under warranty. Over the seven months of ownership, I've been keeping a list of problems and waited until there was something serious before taking it in and loosing it for a day or two.
So here is my list:

1. Rear brake squeal - Noise from rear brakes has got progressively worse, to the point that pedestrians turn around to see what is making the noise.
I have a technical bulletin to point them in the right direction!

2. Front & rear parking sensors not always working - They work fine for about 80% of the time, but sometimes they do not work at all and other times the buzzer comes on far to late (i.e. straight to constant buzzer). Again (from this forum), I have a technical bulletin on this subject.

3. Rear door handles - Both the rear door handles have progressively worse. Within two months of ownership, the drivers side rear door handle got so bad my daughter could no longer open the door. The handle has to be pulled out to its maximum travel before the door catch is released. Since then she has to use the other side, but now this is getting worse too.

4. Door rattle - There is a rattle/scraping noise from the drivers side door when driving. This has got progressively worse over the last six weeks or so. The noise is difficult to pin point, but it is coming from the front of the drivers door (anywhere from the speaker up to the electric window switches) or from the mirror housing.

5. Slow heater warm up - I've seen on the D3 forum that a recent software upgrade helped the heater and air distribution, so I'm aksing if ours can be upgraded.

6. Tailgate gas struts too weak - Fed up of ducking down!

7. Passenger seat arm rest - Keeps dropping down.

Anyone else got any of these problems?

They say they want the car for two days, as this will all take a long time to diagnose/fix. I bet they will have it for two days and knock up the mileage on road tests (i.e. become a pool car) and then still want it back in a week's time when the have the bits in stock! Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #11968 Wed Feb 01 2006 9:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi Matt,

Best of luck with getting it all sorted.

I had both my gas struts replaced for the same reason. OK now.

Also had a noisy/rattly rear boot. They adjusted it but still rattled. I found that by screwing the rubber bump stops all the way in nice and tight - stopped all rattles .

Only other niggles were electrical / related

All running great now Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #11998 Thu Feb 02 2006 12:10pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Matt - Points 5 & 6. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12005 Thu Feb 02 2006 12:19pm
Biggles

England 

Number 5 over here,

Also two to add, when driving along and going over bumps I am getting a definate bang from under the dash drivers side, it is not too loud and cant be heard all the time but is starting to annoy the more I hear it

The second one is when locking the car it sounds like the rear drivers side door motor is struggling, it makes a whining noise but does lock Rolling Eyes

If they get worse i will book the car in if not when service is due. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #12037 Thu Feb 02 2006 3:58pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Points 5 & 6 for me too. Also waiting for a list to develop till I get them to look at the whole lot in one go.

I shall post something seperate on the heater isuue as I need to go into more detail. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #12110 Fri Feb 03 2006 1:06pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Have to say had the Gas Struts fixed before I received the car when I went to pick up the car on delivery day they weren't working. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #12118 Fri Feb 03 2006 1:54pm
d3matt

Well I've had a call and the car will be ready to pick up tonight (after 2 days in). I'll update later with their findings and fixes, but apparantly they are going to replace the gas struts, but these are on back order. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #12131 Fri Feb 03 2006 2:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Why is it that no matter how much advance warning you give them they can't get all the parts in for when your car is in, just in case they need replacing???....instead they onconvenience you again by having to go back once more.

That really annoys me. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #12135 Fri Feb 03 2006 2:46pm
d3matt

Well they had the car first thing yesterday morning. They then called at lunchtime yesterday to say they had looked into all items and ordered all the parts, so they can fix it today. They then rang today to say that all will be fixed today except two items (sticking brakes and hatch gas struts) as they need to order parts and they wont be available for some time. I get the impression that they are only ordering them today!!
Our LR dealer doesn't even stock wiper blades for the RRS. I couldn't run my business like that. Matt

Post #12150 Fri Feb 03 2006 2:55pm
d3matt

Got the car back this evening and the LR dealer has done pretty well:

1. Rear brakes - not yet fixed as they need a new 'brake kit' which is still in production so will be delayed.

2. Parking sensors - Apparantly fixed, so I assume they replaced the PDC control unit as per the GTR bulliten.

3. Door handles - Apparantly have lubricated and adjusted them, but they aren't much difference.

4. Door rattle - This has been fixed. Was apparantly caused my loose trim within the door. It is so nice not to listen to that noise now.

5. Heater - They did the software upgrade which included changes to the way the air conditioning works. It seems to have done the job, as the heater worked much much better on the drive home. For more info on this problem, see thread http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1363

6. Tailgate struts - New struts came in this afternoon, so they fitted these before I collected the car. They are better, but the boot still doesn't lift up enough. They now make a sucking noise too. Anyway, I'm pleased they put new gas struts on. Maybe LR will realise soon that the struts they use are too weak.

7.Passenger armrest - Not done anything with this as fault couldn't be replicated unless the drove it for three days - yeah right! Until it gets worse, I'm not too worried.

Overall, I'm very pleased to get these niggles sorted. And the washed the car too. It desperately needed it - I hadn't done it for about six weeks! Maybe it was becuase I complained again about the oily fingerprints they left on the leather the last time they had it. Matt

Post #12216 Sat Feb 04 2006 2:36am
Biggles

England 

Matt,
Just looking at your point about the brakes sticking, On occasion after having parked in standing traffic or at the mc donalds qeue the rear brakes squeal as the hand brake is released. Is this the same type of problem you had or have. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #12222 Sat Feb 04 2006 9:59am
d3matt

Possibly, but ours squeels when you pull away even if the handbrake has not been used. It has got so bad, that people turn around when driving through towns! Matt

Post #12226 Sat Feb 04 2006 10:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1