RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > James & The Team at CHPR (now Lookers Park Royal)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

oilman151

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

I think James would agree that looking after existing and potential clients is good for business.

Hey! What a concept!! "Look after your clients".... might just work. Shocked Range Rover Evoque 5 door on order.
2006Java/Alpaca/4.4HSE/PTIS/Tracker/pp/Tasmods/Black side repeaters/Custom exhaust (gone but not forgotten!)
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 200 TDi blue (Offroad prep'ed).
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Aston Martin DB9 Tungsten Silver
Another Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (Christinemobile)
1990 Mini Cooper SE - classic! (now sold)
New addition - 1972 Triumph Stag Pimento Red

Post #214136 Fri Feb 27 2009 5:09pm
Lookers Park Royal

We really do enjoy being part of the forum, and to be fair we have sold a few cars as a result. Obviously anyone who finds us via the forum is pretty genned up on what deals are available, so invariably there is little or no commercial profit (eh MAW & VA? Whistle ). But that's not what it's all about; we do genuinely enjoy being part of the 'owners experience' and also enjoy the banter. The forum also gives us a good presence on the internet (especially via Google) which was an unexpected benefit.

Trading conditions are interesting due to it still being a buyers market, but because of this most dealers prices are within a few £000's of each other. As a result of the similar offers it is even more important for a dealer to have a good reputation as bad news travels fast! In the current climate the decision between buying from one dealer as opposed to another is likely to be based on where you feel more comfortable spending your hard earned money! Very Happy

It's nice to feel appreciated.... but in Leedsunited's case he did need some support with sorting his conundrum out, and happily he’s now got one less problem to look after. Thumbs Up

Thanks very much for the words of appreciation, and see you tomorrow if you're going to the Gaydon meet! Very Happy

James Thumbs Up

PS. ST – Can I not do what I did for 2008, and forward you a cheque via Airmail for my Dealer Of The Year award??!!
Laughing

Post #214142 Fri Feb 27 2009 5:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I thought Stealer was James' surname Wink

Whistle Laughing Laughing

Nice work James - well done!!! Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #214144 Fri Feb 27 2009 6:02pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Laughing Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #214193 Sat Feb 28 2009 12:23am
Lookers Park Royal

No Kaine......... "Stealer" is my middle name! Laughing

Post #214206 Sat Feb 28 2009 6:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Yes James, usual amount to the usual address please! Mr. Green Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #214209 Sat Feb 28 2009 7:46am
Mail Order Ride

Quote:
to be fair we have sold a few cars as a result. Obviously anyone who finds us via the forum is pretty genned up on what deals are available

Hello, I have to hold my lurking hand up here!

I am taking delivery of a black, black and more black RRS from CHPR on Monday which I effectively bought mail order on the back of this forum

I had test driven locally and to be fair my local dealer was a lot more helpful than he has ever been in the past which as James has already mentioned is a sign of the times

However after a speculative phone call I managed to source the specific car I wanted from CHPR which the local dudes were unable to do for some reason - strange actually as James admitted it was a LR pool car available to all

After an introductory chat I have conducted most of the rest of the transaction via email

Anyway guys I'll see you at lunchtime on Monday - any chance of a lift from Park Royal tube station Rolling with laughter

Im a little suprised youre not open tomorrow although to be fair you did offer which is one of the reasons the chaps here talk so highly of you I suppose and also it suits me better to collect on Monday too

And I kept forgetting to ask, Guy Salmon in Sheffield have a modest but still mind blowing off road track round the back of their showroom, Im still having nightmares about being (willingly) taken over it in a RRS, is this a one off or do all dealers have them?

Im not the publicity conscious type normally but if I remember and if they'll let me I'll post a pic of the car when I get it - unless James and Steve beat me to it which would be fine

YSO

Post #214237 Sat Feb 28 2009 2:45pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
...........or no commercial profit (eh MAW & VA? Whistle ).

I have no idea what you mean ......... Laughing

Wink Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up again for CHPR

Post #214243 Sat Feb 28 2009 4:56pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I did give you a classic RRS in return! Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #214244 Sat Feb 28 2009 4:59pm
Perrys

United Kingdom 

Well done James, sounds like you run a great business. Thumbs Up Perrys For New & Used Range Rover Sports

We also sell Full Fat Range Rovers

Post #214247 Sat Feb 28 2009 5:29pm
Lookers Park Royal

Mail,

Looking forward to meeting you on Monday, and Steve reliably informs me that everything is under control! Thumbs Up

Unfortunately we don't have an off road track (although most dealers do) because we are quite tight for space and parking is at a premium. Remind me on Monday and I will give you an off road voucher so that you can experience a RRS off road properly (i.e. in the mud!).

See you Monday!

James Thumbs Up

Post #214248 Sat Feb 28 2009 5:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12