RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > I've got a new phone/radio problem...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rweintra

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
I've got a new phone/radio problem...

OK. So, before anybody starts accusing my phone, its not my phone that is the problem.

If I'm on a call and another one comes in, I can switch over with no problem. Once I switch back, the 2nd call doesn't drop. Then I hang up the intial call and the 2nd call switch to the 1st line. It keeps blinking "1" until after I shut the car off for a few minutes. I can't get it to stop. It doesn't matter what button I press. Is there a way to force a call to end besides the paddle and the telephone button? I don't know what to do and just had to make a 45 minute drive on a highway without a radio because it was engaged with a non-existent call.

The phone itself is idle when this is happening. If I try to use voice dial, it goes through the whole procedure and then says dialling on the face, but doesn't dial. If I try to use the voice activation to change a radio station, it confirms the change but I can't hear it or see it. Any thoughts?

Post #11868 Tue Jan 31 2006 11:12pm
USAGivGrn

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

I had a similar experience. I believe I turned off my phone from the handset, waited a minute or two and reconnected. The multiple line feature is not supposed to be operable without using the cradle.

It certainly isn't ideal. I just wish people wouldn't call me so much.

Post #11872 Wed Feb 01 2006 1:01am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Call waiting is not supported through Bluetooth, only through cradled phones (I understand it may be a bandwidth limitation.) My phone behaves similarly to yours, if I pick up a second incoming call the system hangs indefinitely. So, I don't answer incoming calls anymore when I am already on the phone and let the second call go to voice mail instead. If you do/must answer that second incoming call and the system does freeze after you hang up, you can usually get the system back by disconnecting and re-pairing the Bluetooth link through the handset. However, each phone behaves differently and Call Waiting causes trouble 9 out of 10 times, regardless of what type of Bluetooth phone you are using. 

Post #11879 Wed Feb 01 2006 5:35am
rweintra

Well, I have a cradle too, and just tried it with the cradle; doesn't work either. I tried hitting the menu button and going to "swap calls", but that didn't work. I hit the green paddle, that didn't work either. I don't know what to do now. I guess just let the second call go to voicemail. How annoying!

Post #12275 Sun Feb 05 2006 6:56pm
tony

Spain 
same problem

I have the same problem exept sometimes my bluetooth will not connect
for days I put it down to the morons who fitted it mybe it is a common fault Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post #12678 Thu Feb 09 2006 4:52pm
rweintra

Just took a 6 hour drive in the RRS, and there is a new phone problem I am having. When the phone is in the cradle and someone hangs up, the "hang-up" paddle won't hang up the call. I have to take the phone out of the cradle and then snap it back in. How annoying!

Post #12723 Thu Feb 09 2006 10:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1