RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

byron

Greece 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Performance

How would you rate the RRS S/C's performance compared to that of its rivals and mainly the Cayenne Turbo S and the X5 4.8? RRS S/C,Bonatti Grey,Ebony Interior,Lined Oak Finish, Rear Lock Dif, DVD,Sunroof,ACC

Post #11622 Sun Jan 29 2006 1:57am
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

On a road course, both the Porsche and BMW would have faster lap times than the S/C, BUT not by much. However the Porsche is just plain ugly, and far more expensive than the RRS S/C. The BMW is about to be replaced by a new model, so I wouldn't even consider wasting my money on it.
However, neither of the two competitors you mention can hold a candle to the RRS when the going gets 'tough', (read off-road). Further the RRS just kills the Porsche Pig and BMW in the looks dept. imho. You will not be disappointed.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #11623 Sun Jan 29 2006 4:13am
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

I recently drove a Cayenne Turbo and I was surprised that it didnt feel as fast as the RRS S/C. (It certainly didnt sound as nice either)

I think it is more of a high-speed autobahn cruiser rather than a 'true' sports car Chips with everything

Post #11624 Sun Jan 29 2006 8:50am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I have heard that the Porky Pig with the firecracker up it's arse is quicker than the SC RRS. I have never driven one, but seen many reviews etc.

People tend to describe the Pig as 'ridiculous' performance, whereas the SC is smooth and very fast (for it's size and weight) L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #11638 Sun Jan 29 2006 5:35pm
liveseyd

United Kingdom 

Had a test drive in a Cayenne Turbo (450bhp) before settling for the RRS s/c. It was noticeably quicker and more car-like to drive than the RRS, but less room, no "flair", and I did'nt like the look. Compared to my RR Td6, well the Cayenne just is'nt a Range Rover! I think they've just upped the power to 500bhp, so if speed is the big thing, whilst it's a lot more expensive, the Cayenne would be the only game in town.

David

Post #11639 Sun Jan 29 2006 5:40pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

On paper i believe even the Cayenne S is quicker than the S/C. Now I'm a big Porsche fan and given that i could get a Cayenne S for about the same price & delivery as a TDV6 HSE, albeit slightly lower spec...why didn't I? Simple it really is pig ugly & the interior is nowhere near special enough. The RRS will blow the Cayenne away off road, but on road it will always be the reverse.

The new Cayenne Turbo S is just ridiculous 520bhp, 170mph, 0-60 5secs, god thats quicker than 911's of a few years back. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #11650 Sun Jan 29 2006 8:10pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

Rob

We've modded a few 'standard power' Cayenne Turbos and 'upped' the performance to approximately 520 bhp!!

I think Porsche charge £10,000 more for the additional 70 Bhp and TC a mere £1500 Wink Chips with everything

Post #11653 Sun Jan 29 2006 8:17pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I have to say I liked everything about the Cayenne apart from the shape and boy is it fast. The RRS shape is excellent probably bought it ,apart from the technological aspect and it being a new model, a because it reminded me of the P38 which is my favourite RR shape. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #11655 Sun Jan 29 2006 8:22pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

As a driving machine, I've always been impressed with the Cayenne. It handles very well indeed, I think the V8 Cayennes sound great and the S and unquestionably the Turbo beat the RRS SC in your average traffic light squabble in the middle of Guildford Wink But as other people are rightly saying - it's pig ugly, the interior is nowhere near as cosseting as the RRS and it's more expensive for the same spec. Also, what do you want to do with it? I don't think it's as bad offroad as some people are making out - I went on an offroad day with Porsche last year when I was looking for my next car and it was pretty impressive. I've no doubt for the hardcore offroaders, the RRS is going to be a better car in extreme circumstances but don't be fooled: the Cayenne isn't like the X5 that balks as soon as it sees your front lawn Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #11703 Mon Jan 30 2006 1:28pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Check this for some real value...something seems real fishy here. What am I missing??
http://www.911uk.com/car.asp?stockid=41179 HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #11745 Mon Jan 30 2006 6:58pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Hmm - must be something very wrong with it. That's almost half of list price, isn't it? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #11746 Mon Jan 30 2006 7:20pm
M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Porsche; faster – actually faster then an RRS SC, road handling surprisingly good, slightly quieter, better built, better dealers but horrendously ugly, I thought we would get used to it but even my wife who actually wanted it began to comment adversely. Not overwhelmingly reliable with the most serious and by all account common defect needing a new gearbox and back axle after 11k miles. Oh and other road users think you are a complete and utter To$$_r.

Dealers very, very good.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRS (tried SC but went for TDV6 and got it chipped). Better looking by a country mile, good handling, a bit better in extreme conditions – apparently. Better for towing, it’s been no problems with Radical on trailer behind and more interior space as it’s not a Passat on stilts with a 911 turbo front end. Heritage advantage – if you care, better residuals at least for the TDV6, more character and other road users let you out of junctions and generally give way when they are supposed to.

Dealers absolutely average at best and often diabolical.

On balance I would have another RRS, it’s also better for most purposes than the V8 RR Vogue that we had before the Porsche unless you actually need the ultimate Chelsea tractor and if that’s all you want a big 4x4 for then you are beyond help anyway.

By the way Happy New Year gents and any ladies – not been around for a few weeks. 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Post #11750 Mon Jan 30 2006 8:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1