RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Small faults starting to appear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Small faults starting to appear

Some folks are having minor issues with the ashtray, but I have also got a couple more very minor bits that have self destructed......... a retaining clip that holds the removable centre section of the rear bumper (for using the towbar) as come adrift and I think needs a special tool to put back in it's litttle slot. I opened the tailgate yesterday and there is something loose rolling around inside, between the skins..... probably another plastic clip. It is in the upper opening glass section so suspect it might be something to do with the rear wiper motor or it's cover.

The bonnet catch problem seems to have resolved itself, or I have changed my bonnet slamming technique! Interestingly the L322 V8 parked next to me at the All Rover Show last weekend was having the same problem with his bonnet catch, and that was on a 3 year old Range Rover!

Post #785 Mon Jul 04 2005 10:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
poffer

United Kingdom 

Tim,

Of you mean the two little plastic fasteners underneath the removable section, there is a special tool readily available and it costs 20p.

Use a 20p piece Laughing Push it into the slot fully (it is a tight fit) and turn it anti-clockwise. Seems to work, as I took my panel off to see what needs fitting for two-bar.

Pete

Post #831 Tue Jul 05 2005 4:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Pete, it isn't that side I mean, it is the retainer on the bumper that those screws fix into when you put the cover plate back on that have slipped out.
I have added a flathead screwdriver (although I must take a look at the screwdriver in the tool kit to see if it is one of those 2 ended jobs with a flat on one end and a Phiplips on the other..............) to the tray of bits under the boot floor for undoing and doing up those two screw heads. Thanks for the tip though, others will be reading!

Also I have just been on the phone to my dealer as they want more money out of me for the towhook that I picked up. The sales dept say that all that generally needs doing is the electrics to be connected up.............. and the purchase of the towhook as all cars leave the factory with the receiver and bits all in place. Twin electrics are apparrently the norm - I asked for single electrics as I only tow a small trailer and not a caravan.

Post #832 Tue Jul 05 2005 4:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Have just checked in the tool tray and the screw driver is a double ended one but the flat end is not only about 1/4" long, but it would do the job I suppose.

Post #833 Tue Jul 05 2005 4:15pm
Tim in Scotland

poffer wrote:
Tim,
Of you mean the two little plastic fasteners underneath the removable section, there is a special tool readily available and it costs 20p.
Use a 20p piece Laughing Push it into the slot fully (it is a tight fit) and turn it anti-clockwise. Seems to work, as I took my panel off to see what needs fitting for two-bar.
Pete

My dealer has an even cheaper tool than that Pete.................... 1/2 the price in fact. A 10p piece fits perfectly. Mind you it took the service manager 10 minutes of fiddling with the clip that had fallen out to get it to stay in, and no special tool was needed, although the language was quite picturesque! Embarassed

Post #901 Sun Jul 10 2005 12:11pm
Biggles

England 

Have what sounds like a loose tailgate, Noise from the rear of the car. Have checked the car and it does bot appear to be the tailgate any body had anything similar.
Also checked that all rear seats are correclty secured and also the rear loadspace cover.
Any help appreciated. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1436 Fri Aug 05 2005 8:27am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

The more of these little niggles I her about the less confident I am in the car....Do I really need to be a guineau pig I am asking myself?? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1439 Fri Aug 05 2005 1:11pm
Biggles

England 

RRUK,
Don,t worry, I know two Merc AMG owners who have both had gearbox probs and cars off road, my own BMW had problems with warranty work.
I ahve heard of some problems with compressors on the new Discovery but also I know two people who own these and are happy as larry with them you are bound to get teething problems.
Even when buying a new house you 99.9% of the time have to get the builder to come and correct little problems.
If a little rattle in the rear is all that happens to mine then I will be well happy. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1440 Fri Aug 05 2005 2:07pm
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
biggles, re noises

I had a similar experience with noise in rear.
checked door, all secure, checked under rear searts by folding them down, and there to my relief and also embarrasment , was wait for this,
A GOLF BALL that had somehow got out of my bag and found its way to a nice warm spot under the rear seats .with great care i removed the offending object, and voila no more noises .

Post #1443 Fri Aug 05 2005 7:45pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles wrote:
RRUK,
Don,t worry, I know two Merc AMG owners who have both had gearbox probs and cars off road, my own BMW had problems with warranty work.
I ahve heard of some problems with compressors on the new Discovery but also I know two people who own these and are happy as larry with them you are bound to get teething problems.
Even when buying a new house you 99.9% of the time have to get the builder to come and correct little problems.
If a little rattle in the rear is all that happens to mine then I will be well happy.

I think that's the right spirit to have if you want to own an RRS!!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #1448 Fri Aug 05 2005 11:40pm
Biggles

England 

Scorpio,
Its definately not a golf ball, havent had the chance to get out the clubs and bag since buying the sport.
Found out that it is the load space cover not sitting in its housing correctly even though at first glence it looked OK. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1460 Sat Aug 06 2005 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1