Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Guy Salmon, Coventry Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

PaulB

England 
Guy Salmon, Coventry Update

Hi all,
Some of you may recall that some time ago, I started a new thread titled "Idiots at Guy Salmon" in which I slated the customer service at this particular dealership in Coventry. You may also recall that my post prompted a letter from the Managing Director questioning the validity of may complaints and expressing his unhappiness at me posting them on a public forum.
A few more communications then went backwards and forwards between us and the end result was that he apologised for my poor experience and he also committed to improve matters in the future. He finished by inviting me to try them again after a reasonable interval, during which the improvements would be made.
Anyway, to the point of this post. Being now 1 year old, my TDV8 was due for its first service so I decided to give Guy Salmon a retest.
The car was booked in last week and as I only work about ½ mile from the dealership, I could walk back and didn't require a courtesy car. I had a call from them yesterday to check that everything was still on for today and I dropped the car off first thing this morning.
I'm very pleased to be able to report that significant improvements appear to have been made. The service team were attentive, courteous and professional at all times. The car was ready and valeted at the pre-arranged time and when I decided to add a pair of wipers to the bill, a technician was duely sent out into the rain to fit them for me even though I had said that I was happy to do it myself.
A pair of worn bushes was diagnosed as the cause of a minor suspension knocking and the car has been booked in again to have them fitted as they weren't a stock item.
Overall, very happy with my experience today and a world away from that of my last visit.
Well done Guy Salmon and to David Martin, the Managing Director for apparently fulfilling on his committment.

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #207357 Wed Jan 21 2009 7:42pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Nice one Paul. Thumbs Up

And well done Guy Salmon. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #207360 Wed Jan 21 2009 7:52pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Bow down
Thumbs Up

Post #207363 Wed Jan 21 2009 7:57pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

proves that posting concerns/complaints on forums is actually very beneficial to dealerships - sometimes the only way the MD's may get to hear about it

Well Done Guy Salmon Thumbs Up

Post #207374 Wed Jan 21 2009 8:24pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Glad to hear things back on track again, I bought a TD5 off them some years back and the service and commitment was top notch then.

Post #207378 Wed Jan 21 2009 8:38pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well done GS! and nice outcome PB. Thumbs Up

Post #207379 Wed Jan 21 2009 8:39pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Excellent news Paul and well done the MD for turning things around Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #207456 Thu Jan 22 2009 11:34am
Mintleaf

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

My car is booked in with them next week; I will report back on how they do (they have quite an extensive list of issues to resolve...) RR Sport TDV6 HSE 07MY Java Black

Post #207463 Thu Jan 22 2009 11:41am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Excellent Mintleaf, secret shopper stuff as I doubt you are booked in under your forum name! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #207507 Thu Jan 22 2009 12:44pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up Result and well done to the dealer......

Post #207532 Thu Jan 22 2009 2:42pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Yep well done Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #207715 Fri Jan 23 2009 12:11am
Mintleaf

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Well as promised here is my update after having my car in at Guy Salmon Coventry last week...

My car was booked in for its 2nd service and the following issues:

Passenger side door handle sticking
Petrol filler flap motor making strange noise
Glove box light not working
Cigarette lighter not working
Car pulling to left
Vibration through steering wheel
Noise from rear at low speed (LR Assistance advised EPB problem)
Discoloration of Brembo calipers
Discoloration of rear alloys wheels
Movement of driver’s seat under heavy braking / acceleration
Popping / crackling noise from Bluetooth phone kit

I arrived at the garage at about 9am and as usual was greeted by a friendly representative at the service desk. We went through all the issues and it was agreed that they should keep the car for 2 days incase parts were needed and plus I live in London.

I was taken to my courtesy car which was a 2008 Freelander 2 – the car had no diesel or screen wash in it and was absolutely filthy inside and out (I wasn’t that bothered about how dirty it was as I work out on construction sites – if I had a suit on I would not be happy)

The service representative advises me that they would call me later that day with a progress update – I never received this call.

Next day, I call the dealership up and ask to speak with the service rep, left a message and was called back; advised the service rep that I had stayed in Nuneaton and was there any chance my car could be ready about 2PM. Advised it would be.

I arrived back at the garage at about 12pm as I had pre arranged to meet the salesman to look at a FFRR for my dad; spent about 35 minutes with the sales guy on this than just sat about drinking coffee and looking at cars on the forecourt.

Eventually advised my car is ready but needs a wash; here is what I was told about the work that needed doing:

Passenger side door handle sticking – FIXED
Petrol filler flap motor making strange noise - FIXED
Glove box light not working – FIXED
Cigarette lighter not working - FIXED
Car pulling to left – DUE TO 20” Wheels
Vibration through steering wheel – DUE TO 20” Wheels
Noise from rear at low speed (LR Assistance advised EPB problem) – REAR BREAKS CLEANED - FIXED
Discoloration of Brembo calipers – THIS IS NORMAL
Discoloration of rear alloys wheels – NEED TO RAISE THIS ISSUE WITH SALESMAN WHO SOLD ME THE CAR
Movement of driver’s seat under heavy braking / acceleration – PART ON BACK ORDER
Popping / crackling noise from Bluetooth phone kit – NO FAULT FOUND

The car was washed and left round the front of the dealership, I than went to transfer my stuff from courtesy car to my own car. When I looked at the car it was disgusting, the interior was covered in mud, it stunk and whoever washed it obviously doesn’t know how to was cars!.

I walk back into the dealership to hand back the courtesy car keys and get paperwork etc only to discover that the service representative has gone to lunch! I find someone else and mention how crap the car is; she comes out and inspects it and agrees it is not acceptable so gets it picked up to be washed again – I then go back into the dealership and wait for the salesman who sold me the car to discuss the discoloration of the rear wheels.

After waiting another 40 minutes the salesman comes out to look at the wheels and eventually agrees that they are not right – he disappears for another 20 minutes and reappears to tell me that they cannot be replaced as I bought the car 2nd hand and they will need to be re furbished at the dealerships expense.

I wait about for another 15 minutes fro the service representative to get my paperwork etc but no sign of her – I had to travel back to London so decide to leave…

Over the weekend I went over the car and found the following:

Passenger side rear door no doesn’t open!
Cigarette lighter not working
Front passenger door lock cover is not fitting properly
Replaced 20 “ wheels with 19” wheels and the vibrations / pulling are still there

I phoned the garage back up on Monday but was unable to get through to the service rep – I said I would call back
I phoned back on Tuesday, couldn’t get through to the service rep so left a message to call back – NO CALL RECEIVED
I phoned back on Wednesday, couldn’t get through to the service rep so left a message – finally got a call back and ran through all the issues – service rep advised that they would need to speak with the workshop and would call me back – NO CALL RECEIVED.

So, in a nutshell, this dealership has proven to me they are CRAP!

I have owned BMW’s and Porsche in the past – never have I received such appalling service… RR Sport TDV6 HSE 07MY Java Black

Post #210027 Thu Feb 05 2009 12:13am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Appalling - lets hope the MD is still reading here - what do you plan next?

Keep us posted

Post #210046 Thu Feb 05 2009 10:26am
BigMart

United Kingdom 

It is genuinely sad to see a display of poor service like this.
I visited GS cov a while ago and had a discovery serviced there.

upon collection i was informed they had replaced brake pads and discs all round and presented me with a bill for the service +£500 for the brakes.

as the brakes hadnt been mentioned during the progress report and no work had been authorised i was understandibly upset , rather animated and "lively" Whistle

the service manager wouldnt come out of the office to discuss this , I insisted they replace my old discs and pads on principle.

after a lengthy debate the cost of th ework was discounted to just the cost of the pads , no labour or discs.

After a good look around the car it was obvious it had been washed with a gritty yard brush , wide comb scratches all over it.

I voted with my feet and have never been back.
during car changes since , they have had suitable cars at GS COV but I have boycotted the place.

The most upsetting thing was they didnt seem to care that i was bothered.. Crying or Very sad

Their loss....

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #210052 Thu Feb 05 2009 11:01am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

We all screw up now and again and what differentiates the best from the rest is how we manage it when we do.
If I had been in David Martins position I would have taken a personal interest and insisted on inspecting your car before you were allowed anywhere near it. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #210109 Thu Feb 05 2009 8:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>