Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
LSE Coupe

Have just received this newletter from the makers of the 2 door RRS

Quote:
LSE Coupe Launch Plans Revealed

I hope that all is well, I am e-mailing you to give you an update on the progress and launch plans for the long awaited LSE Coupe, apologies for the wait but we can assure you when you see the finished product you'll appreciate that the wait will have been worthwhile. Having finished the first Prototype in August, 2008 we then took time to get both Dealer and Customer feedback and as a result of that process we have recently completed a design review process. Therefore we now have a signed off design which will be revealed in the coming weeks.

We have also finalised our contractual relationships with our suppliers and therefore for the first time have exact production and tooling costs which we can use to finally set our pricing. We’re pleased to say that the estimated pricing that we’ve been quoting since the concept launch looks likely to be very close to the actual pricing when we launch. Therefore within a matter of weeks, probably by the end of February, if not before, we will be releasing our launch marketing material which will include images of the signed off design and the full specification and pricing of the LSE Coupe. We are now planning towards April being our formal launch month and will be arranging several events throughout the month for prospective customers.

However a couple of our prospective customers have expressed an interest in ordering cars now prior to the formal launch and therefore we are looking to do a limited run of pre-production cars (5-10) for customers that would like to be taking delivery of their cars at the time of the launch. Should you be interested in purchasing one of these early cars then we would be happy to discuss your exact requirements and give you a price. However should you wish to wait until the formal launch but want to be guaranteed of a place in the production car waiting list we are now taking refundable pre-launch deposits.

I hope this is of interest, should you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact either myself or our Managing Director, Andrew Green (+44 7806 756343).

Best regards

Chris Murphy

Sales Director

+44 7977465326

www.thesportcoupe.com

2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #206800 Mon Jan 19 2009 12:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Was a price ever mentioned? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #206805 Mon Jan 19 2009 12:22pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Wasn't it set at around 100k? Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #206806 Mon Jan 19 2009 12:28pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Couldn't they just take an existing car and just do the door treatment - I'd be happy with that....no other mods etc. No fancy lights, interior etc, just the two doors and thats it....am sure it's possible, somehow....

Post #206810 Mon Jan 19 2009 12:33pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Last year the price was £110,000, there are no prices mentioned on their website either - maybe they work on the old adage that if you have to ask you can't afford! Rolling with laughter

Nick I think they have tried to keep it looking as much like the Range Stormer as possible without going over the top. I think the length of the standard car but with only 2 doors would look unbalanced and odd, and it wouldn't really be a "Coupe" then would it! It would be practical which coupes are not supposed to be.
While I do like the LSE car, if had that much money to spend on a classy coupe I would go for an Aston martin Vantage in white (and not one that had recently "fallen off the back of a lorry" either!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #206814 Mon Jan 19 2009 12:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I seem to remember liking the LSE but not liking its price... Confused Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #206911 Mon Jan 19 2009 4:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1