RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Underbody Protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Underbody Protection

Just wondering whether anyone has ever considered fitting the genuine Land Rover "Underbody Protection" that is available as a G4 accessory for the RRS? Alto claim that they have never seen one fitted to a RRS so couldn't give me any advice on how good/bad it is in real life. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #206124 Fri Jan 16 2009 6:44am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I have it fitted

2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #206125 Fri Jan 16 2009 8:05am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Unfortunately that's a typical response from an Aussie LR dealer...They don't bring these sort of accesories out to Australia, just like the Cargo Barrier as I understand, which is why they will never have seen one. My dealer couldn't even get me an accesories catalogue! If they did bring them out i would hate to see the cost in Aussie Peso's after converting up from pounds with shipping and adding a large margin on!

VA has one on his RRS in the UK, and he can offer actual feedback. But my perspective is that if they are good enough for the actual G4 event cars, then they are good enough that Australia's outback has to offer! Twisted Evil

Whats the need - are you getting ready for Rutherglen already 640.. expecting the off road tracks to be that challenging?? Whistle

Post #206126 Fri Jan 16 2009 8:05am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

interesting that the LR Australia site actually claims that you can take your Sport to the G4 level

http://www.landrover.com.au/au/en/vehicles...llenge.htm

and you can add it on the accessory builder Rolling Eyes .. have you tried the alternative dealer in Alexandria ??

I know some of the Disco3 crew were looking at some protection plates from 4x4 intelligence .. might be worth giving them a try..

Thanks

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #206131 Fri Jan 16 2009 8:57am
640Newton

I spoke to Alto and they gave me prices for pretty much all o fhte G4 accessories shown on the LR Australia website, with the exception being the Cargo Barrier, which they don't bring in because it doesn't pass Australian safety regs.

They quoted me $1,790 for underbody protection excluding labour, but the book tells them that the labour cost is 0.2 hours so it shouldn't be too expensive for them to fit.

Was just wanting to find out whether it is a worthwhile genuine accessory or whether it is like their raised air intake that looks good but isn't even sealed to the body of the car and therefore is useless because it doesn't increase the wading depth. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #206157 Fri Jan 16 2009 10:26am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The underbody protection plate is needed if you fit a winch. If you don't get the winch fitted you can modify the bumper to take the shield but it looks strange. The RAI os basically cosmetic but if you drive dusty roads it's worthwhile. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #206159 Fri Jan 16 2009 10:30am
Zilch

Very Annoyed wrote:
The RAI os basically cosmetic but if you drive dusty roads it's worthwhile.

VA has a good point, last weeks conditions in the Snowy's would give the RAI a good work out..on some of the roads to the Gethaga dam, Snowy Wilderness etc, it was like driving through a sand storm

It may be worth pinging the Disco3 ANZ forum to see what if anyone has any experiences with the G4 or alternative kits..

Let me know how you get on, i was actually in Alto today, time to refinance the current (only had 30 months finance due to being on a 457 when i purchased), or possibly trade up to a MY09 with 2 pots added Thumbs Up Whistle just waiting for the figures Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #206189 Fri Jan 16 2009 10:59am
2nd Rower

Zilch wrote:
or possibly trade up to a MY09 with 2 pots added Thumbs Up Whistle just waiting for the figures Thumbs Up

I know what sensible decision I'd be making at that point!!! Twisted Evil

Post #206271 Fri Jan 16 2009 12:48pm
2nd Rower

640Newton wrote:
because it doesn't pass Australian safety regs.

Did they say what was wrong with it? If you were to personally import one would it then be illegal to fit?

Post #206274 Fri Jan 16 2009 12:49pm
Zilch

2nd Rower wrote:
Zilch wrote:
or possibly trade up to a MY09 with 2 pots added Thumbs Up Whistle just waiting for the figures Thumbs Up

I know what sensible decision I'd be making at that point!!! Twisted Evil

Have to work out the monthly difference and the likely depreciation if i have to sell it in a hurry if Singapore comes up in the next 6-12 months. In the current economic climate the head has to rule the heart Big Cry

Rutherglen participation looks to be good.

In regard to the Cargo Barrier, i know someone on the ANZ D3 forum was selling a Discovery one some months ago.. not sure if they have set a precedent Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #206402 Sat Jan 17 2009 12:11am
640Newton

Zilch wrote:
In regard to the Cargo Barrier, i know someone on the ANZ D3 forum was selling a Discovery one some months ago.. not sure if they have set a precedent

The cargo barriers for the D3 & FFRR both pass the ADR's but for some reason the RRS sport one doesn't; work that one out? Furthermore, there are 3rd party manufacturers, such as Milford, who offer barriers for the D3 and FFRR, but not RRS. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #206405 Sat Jan 17 2009 12:26am
2nd Rower

Look at us all it's 10.30am Sat morning and we're on an internet forum!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

Post #206407 Sat Jan 17 2009 12:33am
2nd Rower

640Newton wrote:
The cargo barriers for the D3 & FFRR both pass the ADR's but for some reason the RRS sport one doesn't; work that one out? Furthermore, there are 3rd party manufacturers, such as Milford, who offer barriers for the D3 and FFRR, but not RRS.

Probably because all you Sydneyside RRS owners are percieved to spend most of your time driving the RRS around Double Bay stopping only for a quick Cafe Lattes!!! Whistle Wink

Post #206411 Sat Jan 17 2009 12:36am
Zilch

and Doyles for lunch of course Laughing

Not only Milfords, but black widow as well, seems an interesting point that no one in ANZ makes an after market one either.

Perhaps a note to James at CHPR to work out supply, posting and packaging maybe a way to go.. if its good enough for Europe, then its better than nothing i suppose.. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #206434 Sat Jan 17 2009 4:52am
640Newton

Zilch wrote:
Perhaps a note to James at CHPR to work out supply, posting and packaging maybe a way to go.. if its good enough for Europe, then its better than nothing i suppose..

I'll be up for that if anyone else is interested in getting one. 2nd Rower, when is your container leaving the UK? 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #206465 Sat Jan 17 2009 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>