RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > The Sytner Experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Slider

United Kingdom 
The Sytner Experience

Sorry to go on a bit but this really upset me and I thought I would share it with you guys...It's Saturday....off I go to my local LR dealer with my wife complete with capital investment authorisation from said wife...walk in to a pleasant environment, not busy though, in fact no receptionist, three guys sitting on the leather couches watching sky, one guy doing paprework at his desk...we wander over to the RRS on display...nice..very nice, Stornaway but with alpaca? interior not to my taste. 10 minutes pass all still watching sky and the other one is still writing...I go over to him and enquire about the availability of a RRS...what do you want? he grunts without looking up...welll TDV8 Stornaway/ebony/sunroof/TV/steps/mudflaps I reply...he carrys on writing, without looking at me tells me I don't want a sunroof its a waste of money and the TV is a waste of time because as I probably don't know you can't watch it while you are driving....what are you driving now?...58 plate Peugeot I reply...oh he says...people who buy these fall into three catergories....people who know how to drive a powerful 4X4....Farmers...and rich people like footballers......I asked for a test drive...he said I might be able to get half an hour with 'one of the lads' before xmas....wife at this point was getting erm..angry...I was very angry....the others still laughing at the tv show on sky...and the guy I was trying to communicate with made a telephone call to one of his mates.....that was it...out we walk...drive up the road and straight to the BMW dealer....about as busy as the LR dealer...but there was a receptionist who called a guy over to us...he showed us an X5 in showroom....talked us through it and its features, spent a good hour with us....then offered a test drive...said if I wanted a SE we could have one for a day before christmas, if we wanted a M Sport to test he would get one from their other site for the weekend after christmas, and we could have it for a couple of days.....so we are, but I still want a RRS I will trial the X5 but I know in my heart its a RRS for me....wife was ready to buy the X5 there and then on the basis of taking back to Sytner LR and parking it in the foyer....perhaps the media reports of LR sales down 64% month on month are rubbish...'cos the guys at Sytner ain't having to try very hard at all....they are obviously untoched by the 'slump'...

Post #201267 Mon Dec 22 2008 10:35am
BigMart

United Kingdom 

name ther dealer.

I went to a midlands LR dealer a couple of years ago to buy a disco3.

They would only allow me to test drive after the finance was agreed , insisted it was company policy.

W Censored ers

did we go back there for the RRS..... Laughing

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #201268 Mon Dec 22 2008 10:41am
Perrys

United Kingdom 
Re: The Synter Experience

Slider wrote:
Sorry to go on a bit but this really upset me and I thought I would share it with you guys...It's Saturday....off I go to my local LR dealer with my wife complete with capital investment authorisation from said wife...walk in to a pleasant environment, not busy though, in fact no receptionist, three guys sitting on the leather couches watching sky, one guy doing paprework at his desk...we wander over to the RRS on display...nice..very nice, Stornaway but with alpaca? interior not to my taste. 10 minutes pass all still watching sky and the other one is still writing...I go over to him and enquire about the availability of a RRS...what do you want? he grunts without looking up...welll TDV8 Stornaway/ebony/sunroof/TV/steps/mudflaps I reply...he carrys on writing, without looking at me tells me I don't want a sunroof its a waste of money and the TV is a waste of time because as I probably don't know you can't watch it while you are driving....what are you driving now?...58 plate Peugeot I reply...oh he says...people who buy these fall into three catergories....people who know how to drive a powerful 4X4....Farmers...and rich people like footballers......I asked for a test drive...he said I might be able to get half an hour with 'one of the lads' before xmas....wife at this point was getting erm..angry...I was very angry....the others still laughing at the tv show on sky...and the guy I was trying to communicate with made a telephone call to one of his mates.....that was it...out we walk...drive up the road and straight to the BMW dealer....about as busy as the LR dealer...but there was a receptionist who called a guy over to us...he showed us an X5 in showroom....talked us through it and its features, spent a good hour with us....then offered a test drive...said if I wanted a SE we could have one for a day before christmas, if we wanted a M Sport to test he would get one from their other site for the weekend after christmas, and we could have it for a couple of days.....so we are, but I still want a RRS I will trial the X5 but I know in my heart its a RRS for me....wife was ready to buy the X5 there and then on the basis of taking back to Sytner LR and parking it in the foyer....perhaps the media reports of LR sales down 64% month on month are rubbish...'cos the guys at Sytner ain't having to try very hard at all....they are obviously untoched by the 'slump'...

That's poor and I'm more than a little surprised as Sytner are a very good group. If I were you I would drop a note to their head office addressed to their Managing Director, I'm sure he would be very interested to hear that story. Perrys For New & Used Range Rover Sports

We also sell Full Fat Range Rovers

Post #201271 Mon Dec 22 2008 11:05am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Name and shame the dealer and if you got the sales persons name that too! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #201273 Mon Dec 22 2008 11:29am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Truly appalling Shocked

VA is right, name, shame and follow it through to the end.

No-one can afford to be so complacent in todays climate Evil or Very Mad Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #201281 Mon Dec 22 2008 12:42pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Doesn't suprise me at all for some reason LR don't seem to have any training in place to ensure their sales guys aren't judgemental when you walk into the showroom.
I had a very similar experience with all 3 of my local dealers.
Don't give up and buy a BMW you'll love the RRS just a shame,like me,you're having to work for it.
Hopefully our site sponsors will sort you out with a good deal. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #201285 Mon Dec 22 2008 12:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

Gob-smacked! Shocked

Sounds like there was little management representation on that day. As Ken from Perry's says, it is unusual for a Sytner site as there whole ethos is about customer care and retention (as should everyone's).

If you are struggling to find someone who is genuinely interested in looking after you then I'm sure one of the forum sponsors would be happy to help. Just PM one of us.

James Thumbs Up

Post #201291 Mon Dec 22 2008 12:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

One of the reasons I haven't bought Audi and Merc in the past was sales room attitude - always felt like I was buying the car and not having it sold to me. I don't like the pushy side but at least seem interested in my custom.... Merc were the worst I had to take out my own insurance for the test drive !!!!!!! (I was over 30 at the time I am sure ?!?!?!?)

Censored 's

Doubt i'll ever buy either because of those incidents alone - it does make what to go for next more and more difficult though Laughing (that's why it was another RRS last Sept !!!)

Post #201304 Mon Dec 22 2008 1:31pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Some of the dealership experiences we have heard about and experienced ourselves, are unfortunately similar to the above. I was buying an S3 on Friday for a customer, through one of our Audi suppliers, and due to the time left before xmas, we placed the finance via Audi (VW) Finance, and even though i am a good mate of the sales manager, and the cars have all been done via him, the finance 'manager' was a complete idiot.

No written quote at any time, no disclosure of rates/fees etc, and left the picture around 15% filled in.
I rang him to vent that i wasn't about to engage with one of our clients, and not have the full picture, i wasn't even shown the full OTR Cash price, and surely this is the main thing.. i.e. how much is the car!? and he said... what does that matter.. you wanted a monthly, and an end value, and thats all that matter's.. and he literally said: "what's your problem!?"... made me remember the reason why i first started doing car finance, and even though sometimes, i wonder how we can compete with main dealers... the constant bad atitude and under qualified/trained staff at the dealers especially on the finance side, keeps us in business and keeps our client's coming back! so nice one.. Thumbs Up

Post #201319 Mon Dec 22 2008 2:45pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

kam100 wrote:
Some of the dealership experiences we have heard about and experienced ourselves, are unfortunately similar to the above. I was buying an S3 on Friday for a customer, through one of our Audi suppliers, and due to the time left before xmas, we placed the finance via Audi (VW) Finance, and even though i am a good mate of the sales manager, and the cars have all been done via him, the finance 'manager' was a complete idiot.

No written quote at any time, no disclosure of rates/fees etc, and left the picture around 15% filled in.
I rang him to vent that i wasn't about to engage with one of our clients, and not have the full picture, i wasn't even shown the full OTR Cash price, and surely this is the main thing.. i.e. how much is the car!? and he said... what does that matter.. you wanted a monthly, and an end value, and thats all that matter's.. and he literally said: "what's your problem!?"... made me remember the reason why i first started doing car finance, and even though sometimes, i wonder how we can compete with main dealers... the constant bad atitude and under qualified/trained staff at the dealers especially on the finance side, keeps us in business and keeps our client's coming back! so nice one.. Thumbs Up

One of my local dealers had his 'finance expert' deal with me one time - tried to talk to me like I hadn't a bean to my name, didn't understand finance and was most put out I didn't jump at the deal - when i quoted him sound hugely competitive figures he tried every trick to talk down the other deals.... really......

Censored so called expert - annoying when you could do their job with your eyes shut - the only reason some of these people are in dealerships is because they've been there a while

... for the forums benefit never had this for one moment when dealing with Kam and James (CHPR) - they listened , went away and did their best .... Thumbs Up

Post #201329 Mon Dec 22 2008 2:59pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah.. the good old 'finance expert'... who has to come downstairs and come and 'talk' to you, as the sales guy may not be up to the job to finnally rip your arms and legs off..

I love it, asking them, whats the rate, and they say: 6.. (quoting flat to mask the real APR) and you're like.. what so 11.5-13% APR... pull the other one.. and they are like.. yeah thats competitive.. hmm ??

I went into Bmw with my S Class, in all honesty to use the toilet when passing.. and as a frequent customer for my own cars.. i.e. the last 3 bmw's.. i had a good chat with a sales guy i hadn't met before, so i approached it from the chauffeur company's perspective (good sound customer for the new 7 series saloon).. was serious, and was given a 4 hour test drive (all i needed).. and the car is the nuts.. the electronic systems.. WOW!

So i am properly interested in swapping out my 7, and having a new shape in the next 6 months.
However as the car is so new, and doesn't book out yet and to get the figures would be a real pain.. i asked Bmw to quote me on their PCP deal, with the GFV.. and guess what, 3 weeks later, no follow up call and no quote.. even after i emailed him saying thanks for the test drive, and i am interested..

I have had off the group:
2001 - Bmw 318ci
2002 - Bmw 330d Sport
2003 - (bought from elsewhere but sold to the sytner group): Bmw 325ci Cab
2003 - Bmw 735i SE (My dad).
2006 - Bmw 335d SE Coupe.
2007 - Bmw M3 E92 Coupe
2008 - Bmw 730d Sport

Currently, my two sisters drive, Bmw 330d Sport 2007 and a Bmw X3 2006/56 3.0 Sport.
Plus, around 15 other Bmw car's for clients/referrals etc, just to the Bmw brand at Sytner..
Hmm? i myself would have followed up this lead....

Post #201342 Mon Dec 22 2008 5:50pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

kam100 wrote:

I love it, asking them, whats the rate, and they say: 6.. (quoting flat to mask the real APR) and you're like.. what so 11.5-13% APR... pull the other one.. and they are like.. yeah thats competitive.. hmm ??

Dude.... Help me out....
- What the difference between flat and real APR.

Is it a compound versus fixed rate thing? So, flat i get no respite from the amount of interest I've already paid..... Eeek!?! 2022 P440e AB

Post #201349 Mon Dec 22 2008 6:36pm
Lookers Park Royal

APR stands for the Annual Percentage Rate of charge. You can use it to compare different credit and loan offers. The APR takes into account not just the interest on the loan but also other charges you have to pay, for example, any arrangement fee. All lenders have to tell you what their APR is before you sign an agreement. It will vary from lender to lender. It is confused by the fact that the bigger the loan and the longer the period repaid results in a lower APR, i.e. £5000 borrowed with a doccumentation fee of £50 at 5% flat over 12 months will show a higher APR than the same amount borrowed over 48 months, although you will pay considerably more interest on the longer loan.

James Thumbs Up

Post #201351 Mon Dec 22 2008 6:48pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Makes sense, so flat is without charges. I appreciate the reply BTW.
- Can't help but be reminded of the good old days when everyone was nice to each other on here. Thumbs Up 2022 P440e AB

Post #201352 Mon Dec 22 2008 7:06pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
APR stands for the Annual Percentage Rate of charge. You can use it to compare different credit and loan offers. The APR takes into account not just the interest on the loan but also other charges you have to pay, for example, any arrangement fee. All lenders have to tell you what their APR is before you sign an agreement. It will vary from lender to lender. It is confused by the fact that the bigger the loan and the longer the period repaid results in a lower APR, i.e. £5000 borrowed with a doccumentation fee of £50 at 5% flat over 12 months will show a higher APR than the same amount borrowed over 48 months, although you will pay considerably more interest on the longer loan.

James Thumbs Up

Spoken like a true - up front and honest trader. Thumbs Up
We get a lot of VW dealers, saying: (don't know if its a VW Finance thing..) yeah its: 8.2% APR but we will have a £360 credit facility fee added on, just can't show it on this screen!! and similar excuses.. meaning in reality the figures are more like 11-12% APR. By the time the finance manager has his computer on, usually nowadays the motoring groups have all had their layers and cuts off the finance, meaning the true rate and fees will be higher..

Always compare, the APR and ask if thats including all the fee's and if possible, get the quote in a written letter headed format, and say you will think about it and shop around, especially in today's market. A lot of finance providers, will try and get you to sign on the spot, take the convenience factor, and will hark on about monthlies and guaranteed end value! .... most and i mean, around 80% of our clients, have NOT hit the end of their term and usually on average change between 18-24 months time, hence why variable balanced payments (when available) was the BEST package suited to this requirement. Now with sliding prices and uncertainty, most people will go with PCP's or leasing agreements, but still again its not flexible enough, and the APR rates on PCP type deals are higher, plus EVERY deal is now regulated so you have the built in assurances of a PCP by the CCA 08 cap lift, so you have the two magic words: Voluntary termination, built in on any agreement, the old 'halves and thirds' rule = pay 50% of the agreement off, and you can hand the car in, subject to condition and mileage accuracy as per your initial agreement and quotation.

Meaning, you are protected from negative equity should the situation arise in the fashion it has on a lot of agreements in today's climate.. so really the best option is nowadays, fixed rate lease purchase, with a low flat and APR, built in protection, and no front loaded interest / high exit penalties.. its the best mix of everything, and allows you the most protection in any market condition and gives you flexibility to move in/out should your circumstance change during ownership. Just buy the car right at the beggining, at a good price, and set a sensible balloon, unless of course, your lifestyle and finances are secure and fixed and you can predict you will beable to run the same car till the end of the agreement, and within the tolerances.. if you can.. then leasing/pcp is a very safe way to go.

Be warned though, a GFV from a manufacturer say Audi on an S3, is: £14k after 4 years, and the banks predicted residual is: £10k, then yes Audi's finance payments will be a LOT less, but when that individual changes in 1.5 years, and on a £27k balance still owes £23k and after two years the car trade's in at: £15k (take it or leave it mate, shouldn't have bought new now should you!)... then see where you are at with a GFV.. and you can run the car for another 2.5 years and tough, you are expecting triplets.. lump it or lump in the extra cash! Sad

Post #201355 Mon Dec 22 2008 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>