Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bulbs on RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Killerbob

Switzerland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Bulbs on RRS

All,

I am only getting my RRS in a few weeks, and therefore cannot check this myself, but I would like to know what bulbs it comes with: Especially in this darker time, it is important that the bulbs are top-notch.

Philips is doing a lot of research in this area, resulting in a number of very good bulbs for auto use; X-treme Power, the most powerful legal halogen bulb in the market, BlueVision and NightGuide DoubleLife.

The latest is a new bulb based on the Philips 3-Color Safety-technology, which splits the road ahead into three zones: 1) the middle of the road is lightened with a concentrated central light of powerful white light, 2) a more blue-white light in the information zone to the right of the main zone, and 3) a softer yellowish light in the comfort zone to the left of the main zone.

I don't know if this technology is available for the RRS, and/or if anyone has tried this?

KB RRS TDV8, black with ivory.

Post #197004 Fri Nov 21 2008 3:12pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

In the UK you get HID bulbs not Halogen ones 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #197005 Fri Nov 21 2008 3:41pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Bob honey yours will be HID like everyone's else Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #197015 Fri Nov 21 2008 4:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Killerbob

Switzerland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

But the question is; can we install the new Philips for instance in our RRSes, and has anyone already tried that?

KB RRS TDV8, black with ivory.

Post #197032 Fri Nov 21 2008 6:22pm
Korenai

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The only bulbs I've messed with are the W5W in the sidelights, I've put some LED instead. I'm considering doing the same with the plate lights, but maybe it will look too tacky. The xenon headlights are great as they are, no need to mess with them.

Post #197530 Wed Nov 26 2008 12:40pm
crowej

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

i have changed the side lights aswell, first ones i ordered gave a slight blueish tint so i have ordered more,

i changed the plate lights and have to say i am really happy with them. see below

Post #197593 Wed Nov 26 2008 2:54pm
Korenai

I did the same thing yesterday crowej! Thumbs Up

Speaking of bulbs, I tend to find as well the LEDs in my sidelights always "blueish" compared with the xenon... Crowej (or someone else), you got some whiter LEDs? And got some nice pictures? Smile

Post #199295 Thu Dec 11 2008 4:13pm
crowej

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have had the same problem, a blueish tint, I ordered a range of led's for the side lights tried them all.

only ones not blueish are the 1 led versions, problem is though that they are not that strong. still looking for a beter solution if you find one let me know

Post #199301 Thu Dec 11 2008 4:20pm
Korenai

Got some pictures of your actual sidelights? Thanks!

Right now I got these on my front,

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...0101371554

They're really bright but still blueish... I'm not really looking for some super-bright lights, instead I'd like to have some whiter ones, more like the xenon headlight.

Post #199307 Thu Dec 11 2008 4:32pm
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

I have some of the brightest bulbs on my Sport, VERY BRIGHT LED's only downfall is the price you'll pay nearly 350 for all new bulbs.

I get mine from here. www.Autolumination.com they make thier bulbs, and tey are by far the brightest on the market. Also they're not made in CHINA, they're made here in the US, so you know they'll last. I've had mine since I bought my vehicle and have had no problems.

my repeaters and brake lights are these tower bulbs. Each bulb can have upto 42 high powered LED's. They a VERY bright!.

my reverse lights are 50watt high powered, I have dark tinted tailights and these bulbs light up my garage like a spotlight at night.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

My fog lights are the high powered 55 Watt HID system, nearly double the strength of the the stock headlamps.

My headlamps are PIAA 6600K special ordered from Japan. They are the only bulbs that are fine tuned to be a mid level kelvin temp, they are perfect in color.

And lastly my high beams are PIAA Ultra high powered 85watts. They light the road beter than anything I've seen. They're basically spotlights! very bright.

Killerbob wrote:
But the question is; can we install the new Philips for instance in our RRSes, and has anyone already tried that?

KB

No matter how much they sugar coat a halogen bulb,its still halogen. they are not even close to being as good as HID. Dont waste your time nor money on junk like that. Trust me, Halogen is so 1980's. Rolling with laughter If it were good they would put them on most expensive vehicles. Its just another tactict to sell halogens to people who dont have HID's or cant afford them.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #199360 Thu Dec 11 2008 9:29pm
Korenai

They're indeed very bright! Thumbs Up

Post #199472 Fri Dec 12 2008 7:54pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Murdered out wrote:
I have some of the brightest bulbs on my Sport, VERY BRIGHT LED's only downfall is the price you'll pay nearly 350 for all new bulbs.

I get mine from here. www.Autolumination.com they make thier bulbs, and tey are by far the brightest on the market. Also they're not made in CHINA, they're made here in the US, so you know they'll last. I've had mine since I bought my vehicle and have had no problems.

my repeaters and brake lights are these tower bulbs. Each bulb can have upto 42 high powered LED's. They a VERY bright!.

my reverse lights are 50watt high powered, I have dark tinted tailights and these bulbs light up my garage like a spotlight at night.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

My fog lights are the high powered 55 Watt HID system, nearly double the strength of the the stock headlamps.

My headlamps are PIAA 6600K special ordered from Japan. They are the only bulbs that are fine tuned to be a mid level kelvin temp, they are perfect in color.

And lastly my high beams are PIAA Ultra high powered 85watts. They light the road beter than anything I've seen. They're basically spotlights! very bright.

Killerbob wrote:

KB

No matter how much they sugar coat a halogen bulb,its still halogen. they are not even close to being as good as HID. Dont waste your time nor money on junk like that. Trust me, Halogen is so 1980's. Rolling with laughter If it were good they would put them on most expensive vehicles. Its just another tactict to sell halogens to people who dont have HID's or cant afford them.

Your not kidding, they are very bright.

MO - your repeaters (indicators) - have you had any issues with fitting LED types, issues such as fast blinking, bulb warnings etc?? Some sellers recommend resistors - I am not keen on hacking into stock wiring whilst under warranty.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #199572 Sat Dec 13 2008 5:07pm
Markos

Slovenia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

MO one question for you. Are the stop/tail lights and the reverse lights brighter than the original bulbs? I also ordered Led lights but in my opinion they are less bright than original. 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE, Java black, Alpaca,.....

Post #200086 Tue Dec 16 2008 4:58pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Is it ok and safe for the fuse system to change all these bulbs over Question TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #200121 Tue Dec 16 2008 7:15pm
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

yes it perfectly safe to use LED's they actually use a lot less power and will NEVER trip a fuse, not even close. all the lights on my vehicle are brighter including the very dark tailigts. the bulbs are brigt enough to still makew my tails brighter than the oem tails even with the dark tint.

There are no warnings, but (only) the inside signal goes faster... the outside are just normal. Load resistors do not work on RRS's for some reason. I believe if you use them you'll get a fault message. I've never had this issue I've heard that from someone who tried it. Also if you use a transistor your lights will blink when ever they want, and not in tune they'll be whacked out.

Other thn the interior signal going faster than normal everything is great. After a while you just get used to it going faster and its now normal for me. I have had these bulbs for over a year now with ZERO problems and NO fittng issues 

Post #200129 Tue Dec 16 2008 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>