RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Help with TSB #
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Help with TSB #

I'm taking the RRS in for some minor issues and to have an initial oil/filter change this Friday. One of the issues is the loss of memory positions for the wing mirrors after selecting D when one has been reversing.
I believe there is a TSB for this problem; does anyone have the actual TSB # handy so that I can direct my service dept to it?
TIA,
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #10677 Tue Jan 17 2006 10:41pm
grommet

United States 

I don't think there is a technical bulletin for this. (Do you have "lazy entry" turned on?)

Post #10678 Tue Jan 17 2006 11:10pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I turned the auto dipping off - this solves the problem - but have found that the mirrors never find their true position again after my wife has been in the drivers seat & used the memory setting for her set position ( squashed up against the steering wheel ) then I get back in press memory 1 and sometimes I still have to adjust them manually. Hey ho..... a minor foible 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #10708 Wed Jan 18 2006 12:15pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Bish,

I checked the GTR docs I have and there is no mention of it, sorry.

I think it's a bit odd really cos each key holds it's own memory settings, but then if the mirror has been moved slightly by another person, how does the mirro know what to calibrate back to, if you see what I mean...

Personally I don't bother with mirror dipping, it drops too far. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #10725 Wed Jan 18 2006 6:26pm
grommet

United States 

Uh, *you* set the level of mirror dip by adjusting the positon while in reverse. You can then "save" the position to your memory settings. After going into Drive, it should return to normal "non-dip" mirror position.

I never have the problem of the mirror not returning to the "normal" position after reverse, on both RRS and Disco 3.

Just to "reset" the memory, adjust everything... your seats, mirrors, dipped mirrors, etc. and save them identically on all 3 of your memory buttons. After that, remove the key... (I think the "lazy entry" memory seating/mirror position is actually saved after taking the key out of position 2... and removing it. This will be unique to the key fob and not the memory buttons.)

See if that resolves your issue.

Post #10735 Wed Jan 18 2006 7:22pm
thebishman

The problem is that after returning to the normal, non-dipped, position, the damn mirrors are invariably off from the 'set' position in Mem 1 by subtle, but appreciable amounts; such that I have to manually 'tweak' the positions at least 50% of the time. A PITA but nothing I can't live with I guess. I'll let the dealer know on Friday however.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #10738 Wed Jan 18 2006 8:14pm
grommet

United States 

But did you try doing everything I said? "Lazy Entry" memory might be causing you grief. I guess if you have Lazy Entry off, it's not an issue... Do you have it on?

Post #10745 Thu Jan 19 2006 1:12am
thebishman

grommet wrote:
But did you try doing everything I said? "Lazy Entry" memory might be causing you grief. I guess if you have Lazy Entry off, it's not an issue... Do you have it on?

Not sure about Lazy entry; I'll check. I'll also re-set all of the memory settings. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the advice, btw.

Post #10746 Thu Jan 19 2006 1:41am
abrooker

Hong Kong 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

I have exactly the same problem. I reverse probably 5 times a day and definitely have to tweek the setting after a while. it always ends up a little bit too high and inwards. 2005 RRS SC 1st Edition Vesuvius Orange

Post #10751 Thu Jan 19 2006 4:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1