RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Telephone integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Simon

United Kingdom 
Telephone integration

Added some photos in my gallery of the telephone installation in the armrest for interest. Also shows how an ipod can be connected and concealed (reasonably) neatly.

Post #681 Wed Jun 29 2005 3:45pm
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Simon , good to see the pictures .

Just had a call from my dealer as I had complained that the Nokia 6230i would not work in the 6230 cradle. It seems as has already been reported that it is a software issue on the Nokia phone so Landrover are saying ??So it is upto Nokia to update the software ?? Has anybody else found out any other information on this Nokia 6230i phone.

Post #682 Wed Jun 29 2005 4:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

I also know a 6230i owner that can't get it to work in their '06 Range Rover Supercharged (same system).

As the system was developed by Nokia, you think they'd get it right... but I digress. If it is indeed incompatible, I wouldn't expect a "fix" anytime soon based on the history of the PTI (when first used on '05 RR).

Post #686 Wed Jun 29 2005 8:22pm
simmikie

United States 

grommet wrote:
I also know a 6230i owner that can't get it to work in their '06 Range Rover Supercharged (same system).

As the system was developed by Nokia, you think they'd get it right... but I digress. If it is indeed incompatible, I wouldn't expect a "fix" anytime soon based on the history of the PTI (when first used on '05 RR).

I will digress as well. Yes Nokia earned a lions share of blame for this boondoggle, but on the other hand is it not reasonable to expect that Land Rover would ensure the phone would work with their system before contracting Nokia as a vendor?

This is exactly the kind of thing that scares the stink out of me in pulling the trigger on a LR product. As appealing as the RRS is, Toyota seems to be a much more polished organization. Am I wrong on this?

Post #703 Thu Jun 30 2005 1:00am
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Give it up Sim!! Sure, the L.C. may have a better quality rating over all but you wind up spending >50 G's on a toyota! Cut the rope: choose for the RRS - The Land Cruiser will be replaced soon by a successor - meaning that within 6 to 18 months, you'll be driving in a non-current model car... with the RRS you'll have heads turned for years to come Smile - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #705 Thu Jun 30 2005 1:32am
simmikie

United States 

gribnau wrote:
Give it up Sim!! Sure, the L.C. may have a better quality rating over all but you wind up spending >50 G's on a toyota! Cut the rope: choose for the RRS - The Land Cruiser will be replaced soon by a successor - meaning that within 6 to 18 months, you'll be driving in a non-current model car... with the RRS you'll have heads turned for years to come Smile

Laughing Laughing I intend to! Nervous or not, the RRS is just too strong an offering! I just have a difficult time understanding, the lack of attention to the details.

How are you enjoying your new car/truck/wagon (still am not sure how LR owners refer to their vehicles)? Saw the pictures you posted in the gallery. Gorgeous! Buckingham Blue is dazzling and yet very conservative, and the Alpacha interior is the perfect compliment. Looks like I am going to be a mimic.......sorry! BTW, did my email address get through to you?

simmikie

Post #706 Thu Jun 30 2005 2:12am
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Thx - i send you a dozen of pics yesterday - total of 26 MB's Smile
You didn't get them obviously - i will resend them a little smaller... - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #707 Thu Jun 30 2005 2:18am
MDP

United Kingdom 

For your info: Here in the UK the 6230i has been out for a few months now, approx April, however I am with "O2" and they hav'nt launched the phone on their network yet....... each week/month that I have contacted them for some reason they have repeatedly put the launch back! Could this be they are not happy with some of the software issues & want it all corrected before launch?

Who knows???

They now tell me it will be launched 2/7/05 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #721 Thu Jun 30 2005 8:39am
nickp

Update: I have had a 6230i on O2 for the past 4 weeks through Carphone Warehouse . I can say it does not work on the RRS using the 6230 cradle but works fine on Bluetooth . If you try it in the cradle it comes up with USB errors , and does not work at all , you then have to switch the phone off to make it work . Not too sure of a solution.

Post #724 Thu Jun 30 2005 11:31am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thanks nickp,

I will try and contat Nokia to see what is wrong & of any software updates etc ? Very Happy

Update: I have just emailed Nokia re issues (2.20pm) await response...... 

Post #725 Thu Jun 30 2005 11:40am
nickp

I rang Nokia and they told me straight that they offer no support for non Nokia phone cradles. I explained the situation with the RRS cradle , but they told me to contact a Nokia repair centre that does firmware updates. I called them and was told that the latest firmware is 03.30, this is what is on my phone and that they were not aware of any issues with the Landrover cradle. They are now though. They said the next release of firmware will be approx two weeks time , but he did not know what this would sort out.

Post #726 Thu Jun 30 2005 2:53pm
simmikie

United States 

gribnau wrote:
Thx - i send you a dozen of pics yesterday - total of 26 MB's Smile
You didn't get them obviously - i will resend them a little smaller...

Hey Gribnau (what does that stand for?). Give me another shot, but send through www.yousendit.com can handle up to 1 gig. The upload is somewhat slow however. My ISP will not deliver over 10 megs.

Thanks and Happy Independence Day!

simmikie

Post #731 Thu Jun 30 2005 6:20pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

nickp wrote:
I rang Nokia and they told me straight that they offer no support for non Nokia phone cradles. I explained the situation with the RRS cradle , but they told me to contact a Nokia repair centre that does firmware updates. I called them and was told that the latest firmware is 03.30, this is what is on my phone and that they were not aware of any issues with the Landrover cradle. They are now though. They said the next release of firmware will be approx two weeks time , but he did not know what this would sort out.

Thanks for the insight NickP, perhaps between us we'll get this small problem sorted........ but there again I have got untill september before my RRS arrives Crying or Very sad Plus both my wife & I are still to upgrade to the 6230i in the next few weeks, so as soon as we do I shall try the phone in the Dealers Demo. 

Post #742 Thu Jun 30 2005 10:57pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Having just spoke to Landrover Customer Services, I can confirm they are aware & currently receiving several enquiries a day re 6230/6230i problems & are hoping to get a revised / new cradle adapter out on the shelves ASAP ( in testing as we speak )

So patience is a virtue Very Happy 

Post #1096 Thu Jul 21 2005 2:51pm
nickp

Thanks for the info. Are they saying then it is down to the cradle , or could it be the firmware on the phone. As I understand it both phones use the same connector on the bottom? Nokia are due to release new firmware in the next couple of weeks. Other users who have Nokia car cradles are also having issues with the 6230I , so I guess it miust be phone firmware related.

Post #1097 Thu Jul 21 2005 3:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>