RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Programmable Keyfob Button?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Lookers Park Royal

Josh, yes they will. Just depends on the delay that you have set in the instrument panel.

James Thumbs Up

Post #195178 Fri Nov 07 2008 12:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Thanks just set it up for the lights. Good Idea for this time of year. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #195204 Fri Nov 07 2008 1:34pm
DeletedUser2

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Sadly it can't be done on the RRS.... Rolling Eyes

Wow, thought a car of that stature you would be able to do that. Never mind. What can the dealer program it to do? I guess change the seat configuration and the mirror setup when the key is put in?

Post #195207 Fri Nov 07 2008 1:45pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You don't need your dealer to do that for you - a quick spot of RTFM will help you in that respect Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #195231 Fri Nov 07 2008 3:42pm
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

My son now thinks when I shout "navigation lights on " it puts the lights on Laughing MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #195283 Fri Nov 07 2008 9:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

One thing to beware of is that if you set it to open the boot (ours is set to the full boot, donīt know about the glass but I suspect it is the same), you then CAN lock your keys in the car - which is normally quite difficult.

Open the boot with the 3rd button, place keys in boot (eg while loading stuff in/out) and close boot. Boot will relock, the other doors never unlocked (indeed will still be deadlocked), so the car is now fully secure and alarmed with the keys inside - you have been warned! Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #195286 Fri Nov 07 2008 10:52pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

simonsi wrote:
One thing to beware of is that if you set it to open the boot (ours is set to the full boot, donīt know about the glass but I suspect it is the same), you then CAN lock your keys in the car - which is normally quite difficult.

Open the boot with the 3rd button, place keys in boot (eg while loading stuff in/out) and close boot. Boot will relock, the other doors never unlocked (indeed will still be deadlocked), so the car is now fully secure and alarmed with the keys inside - you have been warned!

I would say this is very good advice!! Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #195302 Sat Nov 08 2008 10:40am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Simonsi
Very good advice I concur.
Thats exactly what I did a few months ago,I had been fishing in the middle of nowhere and locked the keys in the boot after taking my wellingtons off and changing to my driving shoes,7.00pm ish in the middle of nowhere,wallet and phone on centre console in full view, LR Assist couldn't really help and finally had to get my mate to bring my wife with the keys 80 mile round trip.
Thats why I've changed the 3rd button to lights on Exclamation MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #195303 Sat Nov 08 2008 11:00am
Money Money Money

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

simonsi wrote:

Open the boot with the 3rd button, place keys in boot (eg while loading stuff in/out) and close boot. Boot will relock, the other doors never unlocked (indeed will still be deadlocked), so the car is now fully secure and alarmed with the keys inside - you have been warned!

My Alarm goes off if I open the boot without opening the car??!!

Post #210628 Mon Feb 09 2009 2:45pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Money Money Money wrote:

My Alarm goes off if I open the boot without opening the car??!!

If you have a 2006, that problem could be fixed. On a number of MY06s, the Central Junction Box would expect the rear liftgate / boot to be physically opened within 400 milliseconds Shocked of releasing it with the remote button, if you took any longer (good luck with that!), the alarm would automatically reset and would be triggered when the boot was finally lifted. If your car has that issue, the dealer can install a software patch for the CJB that will increase such "authorized" opening time from 400 milliseconds to a more human 30 seconds. Since late production MY06s and newer, the alarm will reset 30 seconds after remotely releasing the boot as well. This is by design, to protect the car from unauthorized access if the button on the remote is pressed accidentally by the owner. 

Post #211731 Sun Feb 15 2009 5:04am
R33

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Yay, finally got this working so I can have the follow me home lights on and not be plunged into darkness in the garage over and again, thanks James!

Post #216007 Mon Mar 09 2009 3:29pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Did you guys know you can have the Land Rover button programmed to do different things with different keys?

Also to program the button to raise and lower suspension it has to be done within 1 minute of switching the engine off. Once programmed, as has been said above, hazards on, doors shut and then press away to go up and down!!!

Sounds like a gimmick, but really useful for hitching and unhitching heavy trailers without having to turn the jockey wheel handle Wink

Post #218362 Thu Mar 19 2009 10:58pm
pjpocket

Cyprus 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Yeah but it would make more sense if this option was available as a pre-getting-into-the-car option... I drive my parents around every now and them and my old man's got a bad back. The option to lower the suspension as we are about to get in (especially without the hazzards on) would be great.

Post #218400 Fri Mar 20 2009 8:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

PJ, simple cure for this situation as I have a similar situation here...........................

drop it to access height when you park it up and before the less agile are due to get in! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #218423 Fri Mar 20 2009 9:59am
pjpocket

Cyprus 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Lol... Fair enough... I'm going to give it a try using the Keyfob Button just for curiosity's sake tonight but I still think the lights are the most useful out of the 5 options...

Post #218465 Fri Mar 20 2009 11:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12