RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > ....and that's why I bought a RRS!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

will_wonka

United Kingdom 
....and that's why I bought a RRS!!

I have been without my beloved for just over a week now, all due to the problematic suspension knock that I WILL NOT get into here Whistle Whistle ......been shuffling between the SL and Freeloader 2 over the past week.............

.....as much as I love them to bits, they just do not have the feel and presence of the RRS, its as simple as that. I have just got back in from a 30 minute jaunt in the RRS (knocks and all) and still I am grinning like a cheshire cat and have a feeling of invincibility running through my veins. No other car gives me that, not even the SL55 AMG Shocked ........

.......so the question is, am I suffering from LandRoveritus or is it simply why I bought a RRS...because it's a F Censored g wonderful car even with the irritating one remaining fault Evil or Very Mad

Either way, I am sooooooooooo glad I bought one! Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #191977 Tue Oct 14 2008 10:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

And judging by the number you see on the roads there are many many others who agree that it is a brilliant machine and very successful.

However Land Rover cannot just sit back and do nothing, they need to come out in the open and admit they are having a problem with DR and at the very least give some reassurance that they are not reverting to the bad old days of the 1970's and 1980's when they thought that they had a perfect product and all the longsuffering owners were wrong! Look what happened then 1000's of loyal LR UK and overseas customers abandoned the marque for cheap and nasty Japanese wanabees like the Izusu and Shogun and LR nearly disappeared altogether.......... I'm sure Mr Ratan Tata will not hesitate to do the necessary if they don't buck up. LR seem to have weeded out the less than good dealers and service outlets but now it is senior management who need the kick up the butt for sitting back and not listening to the owners.

BUT if I want an even bigger smile I jump into my 90 and set off over the hills and dales in her, the rattles, leaks and noise don't dampen the pleasure but I do wish that in 60 years production they had got rid of most of them by now! But I still wouldn't have anything else for offroading 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #191985 Tue Oct 14 2008 11:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

The RRS is definitely one of those fairly rare 'Feel-good' cars. Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #191994 Wed Oct 15 2008 7:07am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I have a Vogue on loan and i am looking forward to the sport coming back - going to miss the V8 though Crying or Very sad

Post #191999 Wed Oct 15 2008 8:03am
Ruffneckz

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Will, couldn't agree more.

What a car, superb. I can't speak for the TDV8 or V6 drivers, but any journey in the S/C, however short is just so much fun, your right you just can't stop grinning like a fool when I get out.

For road presence, feel and drive, unbeatable, IMO. 2008 RRS S/C, Java Black/Ebony Sports Seats, Side Steps, Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Premium ICE, Hybrid TV, 22" Black/Polish Stormers.

Post #192042 Wed Oct 15 2008 4:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

MAW wrote:
I have a Vogue on loan and i am looking forward to the sport coming back - going to miss the V8 though Crying or Very sad

Not long now! A TDV8 Vogue SE no less. Very different drive MAW.

Post #192052 Wed Oct 15 2008 5:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

One bit of info in Autocar today............................. OK so it isn't RRS, but Freelander2 is outselling X3 by 5 to 1!
Local BM dealer has loads of X3's and X5's on the forecourt, local Land Rover dealer has about 5 cars, mainly FFRR's and Discos though, on his forecourt - Freelander2 and RRS never stay very many weeks on the grass in front of the showroom! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #192055 Wed Oct 15 2008 5:53pm
MAW

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
MAW wrote:

Not long now! A TDV8 Vogue SE no less. Very different drive MAW.

And it is appreciated James Thumbs Up A very nice courtesy car, just looking forward to settling into mine...

I will really really miss the V8 aspect though Crying or Very sad

Post #192061 Wed Oct 15 2008 6:24pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

MAW, what are your thoughts on the great 'Interiors' debate? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #192098 Thu Oct 16 2008 6:37am
MAW

RRS vs FFRR?

Post #192101 Thu Oct 16 2008 7:42am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Yep! Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #192143 Thu Oct 16 2008 1:15pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
One bit of info in Autocar today............................. OK so it isn't RRS, but Freelander2 is outselling X3 by 5 to 1!
Local BM dealer has loads of X3's and X5's on the forecourt, local Land Rover dealer has about 5 cars, mainly FFRR's and Discos though, on his forecourt - Freelander2 and RRS never stay very many weeks on the grass in front of the showroom!

Always good to hear we are kicking the hun where it hurts Whistle Come on LR, exterminate, exterminate, exterminate Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #192144 Thu Oct 16 2008 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1