RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Side Mirrors Not returning to position
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Side Mirrors Not returning to position

Has anybody experienced their side mirrors not returning to preset position after selecting drive from reverse, intermittently when i select reverse and then drive the dipped mirror does not return to pre set position and only way to get it back is to press seat memory button, another minor niggle Censored

Post #190516 Thu Oct 02 2008 6:00pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

If your vehicle is a MY06 or 07, there is a TSB (number LTB00042 here in N America) that should take care of that issue. The short term fix is to turn off Lazy Entry from the Settings menu, the permanent fix involves replacing the driver seat module. Some sort of software conflict in the original seat modules causes the dipped mirrors to act up if you have Lazy Entry enabled. As long as your vehicle is still under factory warranty and within the VIN range, the control module will be replaced at no charge. 

Post #190520 Thu Oct 02 2008 6:34pm
bob242

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

yep u need to have the seat memory module chaged but the problem will come back at some point.
on my side it is my third module and my car is not yet 3 years old...

this is the kind of thing that makes you think twice before buying another LR.add the fact that u cannot have a heating steering wheel and then you really wish you had bougth an X5 (or X6)

Post #190535 Thu Oct 02 2008 8:29pm
leedsunited

umbertob wrote:
If your vehicle is a MY06 or 07, there is a TSB (number LTB00042 here in N America) that should take care of that issue. The short term fix is to turn off Lazy Entry from the Settings menu, the permanent fix involves replacing the driver seat module. Some sort of software conflict in the original seat modules causes the dipped mirrors to act up if you have Lazy Entry enabled. As long as your vehicle is still under factory warranty and within the VIN range, the control module will be replaced at no charge.

Thanks will get it checked out Thumbs Up

Post #190734 Sat Oct 04 2008 4:07pm
leedsunited

umbertob wrote:

Thanks will get it checked out Thumbs Up

Post #190735 Sat Oct 04 2008 4:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1