RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Quarter Light and Mould Replacement - On 3rd set
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Quarter Light and Mould Replacement - On 3rd set

Some time back i posted a picture on here of the discolouration of the quarter light moulds, they were lightening and looking very tired and ugly, that happened within 12 months of ownership from new. The replacement set itself was replaced today, so a 3rd set in 2 1/2 years including the originals supplied. According to the stealer mine was in a line of Sports lined up for the replacement of the parts on both sides, that included changing the glass as well. I am assuming it is a combination of the Aussie extreme conditions and the materials used in the mouldings.

A picture of the moulding from the first time around

Click image to enlarge

I am not holding out any hope that the new ones will be in any better shape after the next 12-18 months as no one seems to imply its a known material defect that will be fixed.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #189320 Tue Sep 23 2008 10:06am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Zilch it could also be due to whatever detergent you use when you wash the car. My Defender suffers from this if I use washing up liquid for car washing instead of carwash soap - the RRS has only ever had autoglym from the local pressure washer centre or Maguiers Gold and I've never had this on it. Now I wash the 90 with expensive branded car soap instead of washing up liquid................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #189322 Tue Sep 23 2008 10:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zilch

Tim in Scotland wrote:
JZilch it could also be due to whatever detergent you use when you wash the car. My Defender suffers from this if I use washing up liquid for car washing instead of carwash soap - the RRS has only ever had autoglym from the local pressure washer centre or Maguiers Gold and I've never had this. Now I wash the 90 with expensive branded car soap instead of washing up liquid...................

Tim i only use Car Wash soap and 9 times out of 10 the vehicle is hand washed, and not put through a valeting or car wash system. I have never used washing up liquid on any of my vehicles Thumbs Up According to the dealer he is seeing a number of Sports coming in with the same problem, not sure if it is the very high UV factor we get in OZ which could be causing a bleaching or should i say browning affect Shocked I assume the Sun factor is not so common in good ole blighty Whistle Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189324 Tue Sep 23 2008 10:17am
modbarra

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

had same problem on my 2006 V6, dealer had other cases..... my 2007 V8 has just started to go..!

Post #189326 Tue Sep 23 2008 10:42am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like rubbing in some waterproof SPF50 might alleviate the problem then! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #189328 Tue Sep 23 2008 10:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zilch

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sounds like rubbing in some waterproof SPF50 might alleviate the problem then!

does that involve scantily clad women Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189329 Tue Sep 23 2008 11:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1