RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Airlie Beach Road Trip - Excellent Fuel Economy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Airlie Beach Road Trip - Excellent Fuel Economy

Had a day run up to the Whitsundays to survey the new building plot, stopped over in Noosa on the way up and Surfers on the way back, total trip 10 days.

The fuel economy was just amazing, it averaged 9L/100KM's, which is about 31.5 MPG and on Aussie roads that is not bad at all, from Surfers to Sydney coming back yesterday, it gave me 885 Kilometers on 3/4's of a tank Shocked i reckon with a bit more conservative driving (the wife has a very no nonsense right foot when she drives, accelerator to the floor/accelerator off Laughing ) it could push around the 1000 K mark, the last 1/4 on the fuel and range indicator usually starts to drop more steeply towards the end of the tank, however generally the economy was not bad for a 2.4 ton monster

Major criticism, as usual the standard cruise control i find is very hit and miss for local road conditions, it forever picked up speed of its own accord even on the flat, the steering wheel cruise controls +/- seemed intermittent in terms of effectiveness Neutral which is no good with all the semi trailers on the main roads of rural OZ. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #189123 Mon Sep 22 2008 6:49am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Since I've fitted the General Grabber AT2's I've been getting around 8.9ltr/100 km's on my 40 km round trip to and from the office. That's a slight improvement on the all terrain tyres over previous Good Year Wrangler F1 road tyres.. Shocked I'm wondering if I have the right tyre pressure?!

Post #189343 Tue Sep 23 2008 1:46pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Although I use it I find the standard cruise control pants too Zilch!

Post #189344 Tue Sep 23 2008 1:52pm
Zilch

2nd Rower wrote:
Since I've fitted the General Grabber AT2's I've been getting around 8.9ltr/100 km's on my 40 km round trip to and from the office. !

8.9 Shocked geez i am lucky to normally get below 10.3 or 4, is yours open road or more urban. Mine is more urban.

Cheers

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189395 Wed Sep 24 2008 5:05am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've just come back from a 2,650km trip from Sydney to Moololaba (Sunshine Coast, QLD) in my new TDV8 and managed to achieve an average of exactly 10L/100km. That is full loaded and with two bikes mounted to the tow bar.

I will put my hand up though and confess straight away that I reckon I could have got that a lot lower, circa 8L/100km but the rush you get from overtaking in the TDV8 is so addictive that every chance that I got (and there were plenty) I was planting the foot to the floor just to (1) hear the sound of the engine (2) feel my head get pushed back against the seat even at 100kmh (3) watch peoples faces as I went blasting by. I'm still grinning now.

All in all, an absolutely fantastic cruiser that simply gobbled up 5 & 6 hours driving stints while leaving you feeling as refreshed as when you got in the car to start.

I've got the adaptive cruise control on mine and it worked an absolute treat, couldn't really fault it at any speed, incline or decline. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #189404 Wed Sep 24 2008 6:52am
Zilch

640Newton wrote:
I've just come back from a 2,650km trip from Sydney to Moololaba (Sunshine Coast, QLD) in my new TDV8 and managed to achieve an average of exactly 10L/100km. That is full loaded and with two bikes mounted to the tow bar.

I saw a RRS in the outside lane Saturday evening screaming south via Gateway/Gold Coast Highway, about 6:30, not you was it Whistle i was on the limit, this sport was at about mach 1.2 Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189422 Wed Sep 24 2008 10:21am
mr boombastic

Australia 

Spot on 640. I feel exactly the same when i do the odd long distance trip. It is an absolute pleasure to drive. extremely powerful, comfortable, sporty & fuel efficient for such a big, heavy car. I really am still impressed by the engine and suspension (sporty yet supple). it really does feels like your riding on a cloud of air.

I can vouch for the fact that you really feel as "refreshed as when you got in the car to start". The TDV8 is an absolute fantastic grand tourer. \

I personally have done 9L/100k & like you probably get it a little lower but the power is addictive. Very Happy Around town in stop/start traffic in the mid teens (still not bad) and around 12 combined.

Post #189467 Wed Sep 24 2008 2:10pm
fred looney

Australia 

I have been getting about 11.2 on mine with a mix of freeway and city driving. RRS TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Post #189610 Thu Sep 25 2008 3:35am
rangiejools

Australia 
Great Car

Hi guys,
Just done Melb Airlie Beach via Canarvon Gorge and back. Drove down rainbow Beach with tyres(19s) at bout 22psi and all was fine. Consumption was between 8 and 9 L/100 (30 to 35mpg!) depending whether in 100k or 110k limit. Saw as low as 7.8L/100!! Cruise control was fine but as Zilch says + and - buttons a bit hit and miss.
Great cruiser but found the boot space a bit limited for me, wife and kid's luggage.

Jools.

PS Wanted to put a pic here, how do I do that?

Post #189957 Mon Sep 29 2008 3:52am
BKHK

Australia 

My regular economy from my TDV6 in a mix of driving is around 8.6 indicated in the trip computer but when filled and calculated its around 9.1 - 9.3. I still think that is excellent especially when it includes towing my 900kg boat and trailer to and from the boat ramp occasionally (around 6ks each way). But, just like any vehicle, its the short journeys which kill the fuel economy.

Overall, I think its as close to guilt free SUV driving as you can get, drive a Range Rover and still use less fuel than a Toyota Camry.....

Post #189959 Mon Sep 29 2008 5:15am
Zilch

Re: Great Car

rangiejools wrote:
Hi guys,
Just done Melb Airlie Beach via Canarvon Gorge and back.

I posted on the D3 site to see when you were up there. I arrived 14th and left the 17th.. only saw 1 other RRS in Airlie (maybe 2, or could have been the same one twice), a stornoway grey or whatever the new version of the colour is, and it was on a queensland plate (the time i got a good look at it), so not sure if it was a local or a tourist like moi, weird registration that had something to do with dairy product delivery Shocked

Cheers

Jim

Do we have enough Vic/NSW members to arrange a meet up at some time, i know a few others such as working dog and ivery who may be up for it Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189979 Mon Sep 29 2008 9:54am
Zilch

Re: Great Car

rangiejools wrote:
PS Wanted to put a pic here, how do I do that?

Go to the gallery and upload your picture to your own album, trying to do multiple piccies is a bit hit and miss. Once its loaded and in, copy the img code and paste it into your post...

Ta Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189980 Mon Sep 29 2008 9:57am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Attention all Australian members.....

Post some pictures of these places, we Brits need to see some sunshine and sea!

PLEASE!!!!! Big Cry Big Cry

(Having been to them all myself I know how nice they are, I especially loved Noosa, my kinda place, stopped there on the way to Beerwah and the Glasshouse Mountains.) L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #189987 Mon Sep 29 2008 10:46am
Zilch

RRUK, honestly its not all its cracked up to be, look at the crappy views i have from my building plot, this is how bad it will be at pool level Whistle ...

Click image to enlarge

and from the downstairs bedrooms when its built

Click image to enlarge

Just think how bad the views will be from the upper level living area..

and as for the neighbourhood and facilities http://www.whitsundaytourism.com/

I just do not see what people see in Queensland Wink Thumbs Up

:lol:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #189999 Mon Sep 29 2008 11:34am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I want to slit my wrists.....

Having just had 2 weeks in Jamaica (33 degrees each day) coming back to 13 degrees and damp is just too much! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #190001 Mon Sep 29 2008 11:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>