RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Phone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Phone

Just had a software upgrade done as LR told me that it could then recognise my phonebook, well it dosent!

Anyone got any ideas? LR checked and my phone is compatible, what am I doing wrong as just the number comes up not the name.

Please help this is driving me mad!

P.S had the front ball joints and rear anti roll bar bushes changed under warranty, pretty Censored build quality only after 25k mls. Hate to say it as I love the look etc of the car but a bmw is better built> sorry to upset the loyal RR fans but you must all be Censored off with this poor design fault?

Post #187261 Mon Sep 08 2008 7:14pm
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Check here which functions are available with your phone

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/ownership...tegration@ '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #187262 Mon Sep 08 2008 7:46pm
KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

The bluetooth system is unreliable - full stop. I connected my Blackberry 8820 and it worked fine for most of the time but now it stopped functioning for reasons I still haven't figured out. I updated the software in a Nokia N95 so it would have full compatibility. The system worked for a couple of days - read the phone book, call lists etc, now it simply shows "memory empty". System also has irritating habit of sometimes showing last number dialled even while calling someone else. I have noted also that it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to read the phone book. RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #187334 Tue Sep 09 2008 10:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine also shows Memory empty or even No Service when my phone has 5 bars signal strength. I find that switching off the phone BT, leaving it off for 3-4 minutes and then switching it back on is usually enough to reset everything back to what it should be. I suspect that the car B/T doesn't always fully loose the pairing with my phone as the car is parked within 90ft of the mobile when I'm not in the car and when I go closer it thinks that another phone is trying to pair with the car system. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #187335 Tue Sep 09 2008 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

KevinJM

IIRC My brother BB stoped connecting to his parrot car kit, and it turned out it was due to him setting up contact groups on the phone.

Might be worth a look if it is that on yours

Post #187347 Tue Sep 09 2008 1:11pm
Lookers Park Royal

AD,

I had a similar problem with my Nokia. I can't remember which way around it was, but the numbers had to be saved to either the SIM or the phone (phone I guess). So, have a look on your phone and see where the default location for your numbers is and change it to the opposite (most phones have a copy function and you can choose to keep the original or not).

I'm fairly confident this should fix it, but if not then apologies.

James Thumbs Up

Post #187351 Tue Sep 09 2008 1:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You need to copy to the SIM, I went through this with the TDV8 when I bought it, the contacts had all been saved to the phone and only 5 contacts to the SIM. You end up with 2 entries for every contact on the SIM afterwards too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #187355 Tue Sep 09 2008 2:11pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Does this "new" version of the PTI that's on MY09 deal with stacked contacts properly now? There always used to be the issue that if you had a single contact with multiple entries (i.e. home phone, mobile, business etc) that it would only ever pick up the default entry for that contact Question 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #187356 Tue Sep 09 2008 2:14pm
Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks for all the replies, I will try each suggestion and report back, fingers crossed something works>

Post #187374 Tue Sep 09 2008 2:51pm
KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

The problem with the Blackberry (as with other phones) is that you also store several numbers against each contact. when you try and call someone it becomes a royal pain in the arse because it selects that last entered entry for a given contact. The best solution is have the numbers on the SIM because that way you only get 1 name 1 number. I use the BB for work so had more than 300 contacts after sync with computer - the car device would only read to "M"and no further so I've dumped a load of the contacts of the BB. After a few months I've come to the conclusion that I just want a phone not this javascript:emoticon('Censored') pocket office RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #187376 Tue Sep 09 2008 3:06pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

My FL2's system downloads my SE K850 as

Dad
Dad
Dad

And it pot luck wether i call his home, work or mobile Evil or Very Mad

My Sony Ericsson Car kit could cope with it, and then let me select which number i wanted to dial, all by voice if i felt like it

Be carefull if you transfer your contact to the sim, I have 300 numbers on my phone, and 200 number sim card Confused

Post #187379 Tue Sep 09 2008 3:16pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

I have an N95 8GB and the phone always connects but it is hit and miss whether the phonebook is displayed, I'd say its 30% of the time the phonebook is there.

Post #187380 Tue Sep 09 2008 3:16pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
My Sony Ericsson Car kit could cope with it, and then let me select which number i wanted to dial, all by voice if i felt like it

Likewise with the Parrot I've got in the poxymobile.

James, or any MY09 owners out there want to demostrate how much better the non-Nokia PTI is (I hope)? Whistle 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #187387 Tue Sep 09 2008 3:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1